“Comfortable”

Harbour Grand Hong Kong
Ranked #52 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here for a month for work in HK, and found this hotel to be a very comfortable place to go home to. Lovely grand entrance to the hotel -we had a harpist every night as it was December (the hotel was celebrating Xmas and stuff). I had a room on a high floor and a view of the harbour, which was a nice way to unwind after a long day. I particularly enjoyed having a glass wall for the bathroom, for no better reason than aesthetics. The kitchenette was a nice touch too, especially for people on extended stays who might want to spend a few nights in and making their own dinner. The housekeeping on my floor were very friendly, as were the front desk staff.

Overall a pleasant stay, and well worth the money given the corporate rate (but I reckon the standard rate is reasonable too).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,538)

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Arrived in the pouring rain and so difficult to see the beautiful light shows that the buildings give off. Once the rain stopped the view from my 30th floor room was pretty impressive. Waking up to the sunrise was especially nice.

Hotel room is a little on the small size - as two dining chairs is all that you can sit on in the room. Having said that lots of sockets for plugging in your gadgets. You get to link 2 devices to the internet per day. Breakfast has a lot of choice and hotel is clean throughout.

They have a shuttle service that takes you to a number of key buildings. So no need to queue up for a taxi. Room service was standard - normal thing ask for mayo and they forgot to bring it.

There is a lot of building work going on around- but did not hear it on the 30th floor.

Aside from that a nice hotel and great that the room does not smell of smoke.

Room Tip: I was in 3025 which had a partial view buildings to the left and the harbour to the right.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great hotel for our first time in Hong Kong. The hotel staff were always very helpful and keen to assist without being overbearing.
Booked a room with access to the club floor with its own check in/out as well as the usual club facilities.
Good overall location, though lots of construction going on in the vicinity; the same can be said for many other hotels in HK.
Very good restaurants which can be inclined to be pricey.
Excellent access to the very efficient, safe and clean MTR network

Room Tip: Book a room giving access to the club floor (41)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013

From my first contact with the hotel, reminding them that my son and I would be arriving late and needed a room with two beds all the way to checkout, the employees at the hotel could not have been more gracious and accommodating. The concierge staff booked trips and made recommendations. The restaurant staff had never heard of drawn butter until I requested it with the lobster and crab I was eating and they quickly melted butter and served it to me. The hotel is beautiful with a huge lobby. Our room was clean and comfortable with a variety of pillows available. The bathroom with its glass wall and huge tub is luxurious. The view was spectacular. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was premier, which is neither the largest nor the highest rated, but I was quite happy with...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Donna T
Reviewed November 22, 2013

In a city that it is very expensive this hotel seemed good value for a business hotel when we made our booking. The area is not especially smart and note that they are building a new hotel next door so future visitors may experience some impact from that as it goes up, but it wasn't an issue when we were staying there even though our room overlooked the building site. In fact with major road building going on out the front as well you do get a bit of an impression of being surrounded by building works. The lobby is smart and grand but the standard rooms we had are rather on the pokey side. But it was comfortable enough. Breakfast buffet was good with a large choice that should cater for most. Gym was adequate and there is a nice looking pool but we didn't use that. The MTR is a short walk away so it is easy to get about from this hotel. Taxi rank too is efficient. We also visited the Hyatt for a meeting while in HK and had to wait a while for a taxi, but never did at Harbour Grand. Staff are all pleasant and obliging.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Recently I've booked on a very short notice - actually when I flew in from Shanghai to Hongkong - this excellent hotel.
To describe it smart and simple from the arrival, through the check-in over the friendly welcome at the lounge-bar at 41st level until smart details of the concierge and pool-staff: real guest service and just excellent.
Far above any expectation of a common 4*-hotel - thank's again and looking forward to come next time.

Room Tip: any on the 39th floor with stunning harbour view
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Despite a couple of decent stays here previously I was very disappointed on this visit. I had pre-booked an early check in given i was flying in from India with only a couple of hours sleep. Hoping to crash for a couple of hours before my midday meeting i was told at reception they didnt have a room ready for me - because they were full the night before despite my request. After much negotiation they decided they could give me a twin smoking room, when i asked if that was to crash temporarily and shower etc they said no I would have to have that for the whole stay. My alternative option was to go to the gym to shower, and as it happened lay on the bench in the changing room to rest. The way it was handled was incredibly poor. The pluses are that the beds are comfy and the location is very good. Lastly the buffet breakfast is expensive at 240 HKD for what it is.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Benoit H, Manager at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear "TalktoPG",

I firstly would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and I sincerely would like to apologise for the shortfalls.

I am sorry that we could not fulfill your request for an early check in on complimentary basis following your early flight. Although I have noted my colleague had offered a Twin smoking room, I believe it was very poorly handled. I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly with your name and / or room number so that I can update your profile for future visit and most of all to ensure appropriate training is provided to the concerned staff.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for the shortfalls you have experienced and kindly shared with us so that we have an opportunity to rectify those.

Benoit Heumez