“MINI STAY MAXIMUM EXPERIENCE”

Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong
Ranked #174 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Melbourne, Australia
“MINI STAY MAXIMUM EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed for 7 days for a brief holiday and see family and was extremely happy with the experience. The front office service was excellent with Manager Albert Au & team members including Kit friendly, personable and very helpful. Tremendous value for money considering its first class location, moments walk to Pedder St, The Landmark ( a beautiful central meeting place), restaurants galore to fit all budgets, Bus & Train just minutes away. There is free wifi in the funky Lobby and your mini room which was so convenient. When you spend all day at tourist attractions in the humidity, all you want to do at the end of the day is be in a comfortable air-conditioned room and just crash out. The rooms are mini but so it the cost. Thank you to the team for a welcoming stay! Gary - Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank GRJ1188
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Gary,

Many thanks for having taken the time to share you feedback about your recent stay at The Mini hotel Central with the tripadvisor.com.

We appreciate all your kind words and rest assured, I have celebrated your review with the entire team.

Your review is definitely most helpful to other future travelers who may be less familiar with the many amazing hotels and places Hong Kong has to offer.

We are indeed to work with such a dedicated team and we hope to able to welcome you soon again !

Mini hotel Central

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The room quite small but is enough for just myself staying there. The room is clean but too humid. I need to turn the air conditioner to a very low temperature. The dehumidifiers really need to be improved. The staffs are nice there. They gave me detail instructions of where I want to go, even they didn't know about it they would try to help me to find it out.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Lawrence G,

Thank you for valuable comment to Mini hotel Central on TripAdvisor forum, we will continue to
improve the room humidity condition in guest room. Your compliments to our front office team is an great encouragement for us and we will keep up our work .

We are defintely to weclome you back in future !

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Near the train but you need to climb the stairs in order to reach the hotel. The room is small although most of the hotel rooms in Hong Kong are small. Good hotel if you plan to go out the whole day and just sleep at night. The price is cheap so it is really okay. Also very near lan kwai fong area but not that noisy at night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sol Q
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Sol,

Thank you for devoting your comment to Mini hotel Central on the TripAdvisor community,

we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we are definitely welcome you

back to our hotel in future !

Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed for two nights with my partner. The room is way too small for two people. Our bathroom had an awful smell when we used the tap. Bed was also too small for two people. Only good things about this hotel are the location and the price- very cheap for Hong Kong. There are many loud people boozing into the wee hours outside the hotel and the noise carried in. Staff were quite pleasant. I would say this is equivalent to a backpacker hotel. If you need a roof over your head for a night then just passable. Would not recommend more than one night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
mini hotel C, Front Office Manager at Mini Hotel Central Hong Kong, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Ms Ozinsingas,

Many thanks for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent visit to Mini Hotel Central on tripadvisor.com forum.

We are sorry to know that you had an unpleasant experience at the bathroom during your stay. Truly, we thanked for your praise for our team performance and we will keep up our work .

Do stay in touch and do let me personally know if I may assist with any future upcoming reservations at our hotel or other property at Causeway Bay .

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The rooms same as the name call "mini". Very small rooms and very simple. But it is in an excellent place in Central, Hong Kong and value for money. The room and bathroom are clean.

Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and gave me a lots of good advice on travel around Hong Kong island, especially on getting buses to Stanley and beaches in the south. it really Having stayed in Hong Kong many times.

I certainly will come back again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Zen F,

Thank you for voting the valuable time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at Mini hotel Central on tripadvisor.com forum .

It was a pleasure to have you with us and delighted that you enjoyed our personalised services throughout the hotel.

We hope you will visit soon again. Do let me know if I my personally assist with any future reservation at the hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My bff and I stayed for 14 days in 2 separate rooms. Check in was easy and stress free but the staff need to try and crack a smile. Not great with instructions when answering questions. Staff will not order a taxi for you so..Goodluck especially during peak hour. All rooms differ in size, mine smaller than my friends. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to shower if you were larger than a size 14 staying in my room.you would definitely have trouble getting to your feet; again..Goodluck, my handbasin was the size of a laksa bowl and inside with the shower, semi inconvenient if you only just want to wash your hands. After the rain, when you turn the water on for the shower it makes the shower and room smell like methane....yes! DISGUSTING! My friends room however didn't have the same issues as mine, her room was a little larger, you didn't have to shuffle to turn around in the shower however, if she left the bathroom door open when she left her room, and we came back in the afternoon her whole (mini) room would smell like food....WEIRD!! also not delicious food, like an exhaust fan had blown into her room from the kitchen...also a DISGUSTING to walk into. Out of my 14 days, there was only one occasion where I got a good towel, the rest of the time the towels were either old and thin or had holes in them. A good thing was that there was air-conditioning, which can be kept on whilst your out during the day so that when you come back it's fresh and crisp. No in room amenities but there is a vending machine in the lobby for you to buy your amenities, can't expect too much for the price you pay for this place. You can hear the rooms next door and early in the morning, you can hear your neighbours slamming the doors so if you want a sleep in after your big night in LKF...maybe invest in ear plugs too. The lift was very hard to deal with. After the rain, the lift absolutely stank. It smelt so disgusting, it was like walking into a wall of mold and having it overtake your nose, we tried not to breathe each time we caught the lift. The most horrifying experience every time we returned to the hotel and every time we wanted to leave the hotel. Don't let their professional photos sway your decision like it did with me where I thought such a modern, clean awesome looking lobby, it can't be that bad, such a bargain...I was definitely wrong. It's such a shame to report all these negative experiences for a hotel with such great pricing and such a great location. No matter what, my bff and I will never ever stay here again, and neither will any of my friends and family. Just an absolutely bad experience. However, if you really do decide to stay here, definitely don't be complacent like my bff and I was, speak up and change your room or make sure you ask for what you want and need. At the end of the day you're the customer and you're the one paying for the service in which they should give you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mich0728
Dear Our Value Guest,

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback to us on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to know that you are disappointed with your experience at Mini hotel Central. Please accept our sincere apology for the unpleasantness you had encountered during your stay.

Do stay in touch and do let me personally know if I may assist with any future upcoming reservations either at Mini hotel Central or other property at Causeway Bay.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am regular at Mini Central. I normally stay here(read:countless times) whenever i have a meeting nearby due to its proximity to ferry terminals and centralised area. However, i would rather stay somewhere else next time when my problem faced in both rooms were not fixed properly this visit. I had changed to another room due to the noisy and leaky overhead air conditioner box and wet and sticky floors and bed. I requested a change from front manager, Albert which he tried his level best to accommodate me to another room. But to my horror, the same thing happened in this new room whenever i changed the air conditioner's temp to 20deg. The mirror starts to condense, the floor became wet and sticky and the bed became very uncomfortable. Albert told me to maintain the temp at 15deg, ahem! Thats is too cold for such a small room to sleep in. This is so unreasonable! HK is extremely hot and humid place in summer,hence i understand the huge difference in temp between outdoors and inside the room but Mini Hotel's staff have to do something about this in order to appease their loyal guests like me. Take action right now or stand to loose business. I have been loyal to Mini since they opened the doors and never have any problem thus far until this time. Dissapointing!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Our Loyal Guest,

Thank you for giving us your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. It is with regret for us to know about your disappointment about the humidity in room. Please accept our sincere apology.

Do stay in touch and do let me personally know if I may assist with any future upcoming reservations at our hotel.

Yours Sincerely,