Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
ZVW
Ho Chi Minh City

small is beautiful

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Nov 18, 2012
This is a clean hotel in the middle of town. Every M2 is used. Please don't book if you need an elevator since reception is on the 2 nd floor, and access to rooms only per staircase.

Bathrooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Prices are quite cool considering the place. no breakfast is offered, but 7-11 shop is next door with good coffee.
Date of stay: March 2012
Room Tip: go up 4 floors for less street noise
Trip type: Traveled on business
  • Algotels
    $135
15.7 miles from Mingle Place By The Park
View more hotels in Hong Kong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I hated the room on arriving. And I loved to leave it.

I spent 3 nights with my partner is this hotel. Price 100 usd per night.

Don't have luggage or you must choose: it is you or your luggage into the room. In fact guests were leaving them at the reception. If you have a partner… (be patient): it is like to be in a berth in a train, but only with only one narrow bed for 2 persons. If you measure more than 1.75 m, the bed is not long enough. You can touch the walls with your two hands (see photo).

You climb 3 floor stairs in a labyrinth to access the "berth", remember: one person at a time and the door must be closed before entering, and (I am serious) never touch the door handle, it is not working.

At the end of the bed-berth, there is a television on a wall and 4 i-do-not-for-what zapping machines. But the television did not work. Bathroom consists of a miniature basin (even too small to brush the teeth) +shower +toilet+ the unique small window.

Hotel well located, market, restaurants and nice crowd at walking distance, MTR, bus, ferry at short distance.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank aae191
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This room was so small I could stretch across my tiny bed, touch the wall and barely touch the opposite wall and I am only 5 foot 2!
It was a cramped creepy hotel. To get to my room I had to walk into the main hotel, past the check - in desk, take the elevator up to the foruth floor, walk outside on a dark walkway into another building, down two flights of stairs, then my room was across from the stairway.
Scary! Security was weird and I felt really isolated.
Free computers next to the elevator in the main building was nice. Good location, but I would NOT recommend staying at the Mingle Place By The Park!

Room tip: DO not use this hotel!
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Rebeckyh
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Easy - I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER recommend this hotel. The room is the WORST room I have ever stayed in - ever - SO small that there is not even enough space to open a suitcase, I had to turn the rubbish bin upside down to use it as a desk to rest my laptop on, had to rig the ironing board up on the hook at the back of the door (vertically) so I could iron my shirt on the ripped yuck old ironing board. Totally noisy from traffic, aircon barely worked, and shocking security in terms of access from the street. Absolutely abysmal.
Good points - the location is super convenient to the exhibition centre and Wanchai MTR, and the staff are friendly, which is amazing, because I heard other very unflattering comments from guests, which were all water off a duck's back in the way the staff handled (or ignored) them albeith cheerfully.

Room tip: NEVER select a single room. Actually, just don't stay at this hotel, you'll regret it.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I only stayed 1 night as I was in between friends stay. The room was small even for Hong Kong standard but it was expected as I only paid GBP40 for a double! Just remember there's always a catch. I didn’t mind as I only slept for a few hours and it was clean and had it’s own compact bathroom. Air-conditioning and TV all worked fine and check out was a piece of cake. Location is fairly convenient. It’s in a fairly local area of Wan Chai away from the cheesy bars, although if that’s what you want then it's only a few stumbles away at the end of a night. It’s about a 5 min walk to the MTR, the tram stops are even closer and there are plenty of buses and minibuses towards Central. It’s cheap and cheerful and probably good for someone not wanting to stay more than 3 nights.

Room tip: Higher floors would probably drown out the traffic noise more
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

pros
good position close to the wan chai area and metro
recently renewed bathroom
comfortable bed
clean room
efficient air conditioning in the room

cons
small room
minuscule lavatory recessed between 2 walls at 20 cm distance, hard even to wash your teeths
no elevator and no air conditioning in the stairs
price high compared with the hotel class

Date of stay: September 2012