The hotel was refurbished in the past few months, and everything still appeared fresh and clean inside. There were two entrances to the hotel, one which looked like a residental house entrance, and a few door further along the street, there was another entrance that was far more trendy with lots of blue lighting and black reflective surfaces.
The hotel was arranged within two adjoined buildings, but only one side had a lift, but even in the side without a lift (where I was staying), the staff were helpful with moving luggage in.
All of the communal areas were clean and attractively presented, and there was also a business centre with computers and other business related bits and bobs.
The room itself was clean and a resonable size. I had a double room, but the bed seemed a wee bit wider than a standard double. The bed was quite hard, but comfortable, and the (white) bed linens were flawlessly clean and totally unstained. There was also a DVD player and a LAN cable for the wired internet access.
The ensuite bathroom was an acceptable size, and complimentary shaving and dental kits were provided along with the usual shampoos etc. One thing to mention however, is that the sink is very narrow and between two walls, so if you are blessed with the gift of shoulders and/ or arms, doing anything over the sink will be difficult (ie. shaving, washing your hands etc).
Given the resonable price, I would have given the hotel a 5 star rating, however, it was very noisey at night. I was in a street facing room on the third floor, but the exterior wall onto the balcony is made of thin wood, and a lot of noise gets in. There is also a bus stop right outside the hotel, so that exacerbates the noise problem (the buses run until about midnight). Luckily, I appear to either enjoy listening to buses at night, or am a heavy sleeper, so the noise was not a big issue for me, but if it might be, a set of ear plugs should be packed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Old Colonial Hong Kong at this Unique Culture Hotel! This hotel is based on a vintage 1960's old Chinese residential building with splashes of colonial architectural style (e.g. small balconies facing the main street), carefully restored for a truely unique, authentic experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Mingle Place By The Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mingle Place By The Park Hotel Hong Kong
- Mingle Place By The Park Hong Kong