“Superb”

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin
Ranked #67 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed May 16, 2009

This hotel has only been open since Feb 2009 and is superb value for money with attentive but not instrusive staff. There is virtually nothing I can fault, but for some the location may be a problem. It is into the New Territories but even so just a 20min ride to downtown on the MTR that is so efficient in Hong Kong. The station is 100m from the Hotel. If you want this kind of standard in a hotel either in downtown Kowloon or the Wanchai Hong Kong area you will be paying twice the price HK$2000 vs 1000. Thoroughly recommend on all points.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank smaragdpete
Write a ReviewReviews (1,983)

Reviewed May 10, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Sha Tin prior to competing in a triathlon in the area. We arrived via the KCR and rode our bike over to the hotel. The hotel is less than 400 meters from the University train station. We typically stay in Central or Kowloon when traveling to Hong Kong, but opted for a room in the New Territories because of its proximity to the race.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the service was superb. The staff was so friendly and accommodating that we felt like royalty. We could not have asked for better treatment.

The rooms in the hotel were spacious, clean and modern. We had a lovely view of the harbor. The bathroom was large and fresh. The restaurant served delicious food and again the service was definitely five stars. Despite a busy mother’s day crowd, the staff attended to every detail. We felt as if we were on a vacation rather than simply visiting Hong Kong for an evening. We plan to return soon, and given the ease of public transportation in Hong Kong and the beautiful and quiet surroundings of the hotel, I am certain we will be back in the New Territories.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mickiburns
Reviewed May 10, 2009

We arrrived at the Hotel from the Hong Kong Airport - it is directly located at the University Station on the East Rail Line. If you don't have too much luggage it is no problem taking the MTR but with a few suitcases it might be.

The Hotel itself is very nice and brand new. Rooms are very spacious, clean & bright. The Regency Club Floor is very nice and has a great Patio attached to the Lounge where you can enjoy your Drinks & Snacks. Great View onto the Harbour. Staff has been very helpful and friendly during our visit. Also has a great Outdoor Pool and other facilities.

All in all exellent value for Money - it does take you around 20min to take the MTR to get to Kowloon and around 30 min to get to Hong Kong. But to me the Hotel was well worth the travel.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swisscook2001
Reviewed April 29, 2009

Upon entrance, like all hotels in HK, a warm welcome by the door staff, which is appreciated as always, since I travel a lot, so any feeling of uneasiness does not help, and they have done well again on that.

Having been many Hyatts around the globe, this is definately a new experience in some ways. It's grand, it's definately at a very comfy price range (I travel for my own business, so a little price-cut with a little more luxury is always welcomed).

After I got myself checked in, went to my room on the 15th floor, got a sea view room, which was relaxing upon arrival. You get your luxuries such as a big LCD screen for TV purposes, a king size bed, nice bathroom with a window with an individual shower compartment. Im gonna bring my lady here next time definately!!! (It's got a window so the bath is viewable to the room!!!)

Jokes aside, everything seems very adequate, the kind of service that you would expect will meet your expectations or even exceed it. I remembered having visited Hyatts in UK specifically, in comparison between the two, i would definately say this one in Shatin is a winner amongst many Hyatts that I have been to.

Shame that I'm not a photo person, but when I do re-visit with my misses, she will bring a camera along and I'll ask her to upload the shots for you all.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles__222
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Hyatt Regency Sha Tin offers excellent facilities. Though the hotel is still in it's soft opening, I see that the facilities to be offered would be very much competitive to other five star hotels in HK. Staff are warm and friendly. The location is quite far though for leisure trips to HK.

Good staff and excellent service!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I was looking forward to the opening of this hotel as I was expecting its price to be low and its facilities to be nice. Indeed this hotel offers excellent value for money and its service is efficient and very quick just like in the Grand Hyatt. The restaurant is quite good and seem always crowded but the pool and spa are not open yet. The hotel is right next to the University MTR Station and it will take you about 30 minutes to go downtown. Basically it's the perfect hotel if you're looking for 5 star facilities with 5 star service at 3 star prices but don't mind the location.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2009

We stayed at the Hyatt from 4/12 to 4/14. The hotel is a new hotel
that was recently opened in February. It is so new that they have yet
to have their grand opening. The gentleman who showed us to our room
told us that they will have their grand opening at the end of April.
They are still doing some finishing touches on the pool and in one of
the restaurants.

The staff is very happy to assist you whatever you wish. Everyone
we've spoken to speaks good English, so communication isn't a problem
if English your primary language.

The hotel itself is brand spanking new. Everything looks polished and
smells new. We stayed in a room with 1 queen bed and had more than
enough room for 2 average sized suit cases. Our room had a nice sized
tv, a small sofa, lounging chair.

I don't know about the double rooms, but in our room, there's a window
that separates the bathroom and sleeping area. You can clearly see
inside the bathroom from the bed. The bathroom itself is very nice
looking. There is both a shower and a tub.

The hotel is located about 30 minutes from the airport and just a few
seconds from the University Station train station.

The buffet breakfast in the main dining area is very good, but rather
expensive. Expect to pay $450 HKD for two people.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business