“Great hotel, location not that bad either”

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin
Ranked #67 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife wants to spend a night with the kid and chose this hotel. Although it appears quite far off from action, it's actually right next to a train station which can whisk you away to Kowloon within minutes. And it's part of the Chinese University so visiting scholars will treasure the convenience.

The room was a pleasant surprise. They upgraded us to a one-bedroom suite, with sprawling views of the Tolo Harbour and the university. Stunning. And it is set up like an apartment, with a small kitchenette with all the amenities and utensils. Very convenient.

What I liked was the service. Check in was a pleasant experience, all smiles which made my kid love the place immediately. Then when we were walking around the property, we inquired where was the pool and gym and children playroom, the attendant just took us up and gave us a walking tour. We were touched.

So if you don't mind escaping from the concrete jungle and prefer a bit of air, a bit of space, but still within reach with convenient transport, Shatin Hyatt is a nice choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Yau Baby
Wilson L, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Yau Baby,

Thanks for the great review sharing your experience about your stay. Thank you for recognizing our colleagues, and I am glad that you love the hotel’s beautiful view and comfortable rooms. Our restaurants are also well known in the region, rest assured to visit them next time.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Wilson Lee

Write a ReviewReviews (1,983)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed one night just for sleep.
it's a little far from airport, cost about 300 HKD with toll fee.
but I was so satisfied with hospitality.
even I booked for basic room, I was given to stayed in a suite room.
If I have much time to enjoy hong kong, It's more reasonable to stay since it's much cheaper
than Grand hyatt hong knog.
I had breakfast in a club lounge. nice view!!
I will miss it

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Wilson L, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear JimRogers1982,

Thanks for the great review sharing your feelings and experience about your stay. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel, though it is a short one. Hope you will have chance to visit us again, next time when you are here, spend some time exploring our neighborhoods, you will find more than expected.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have had a long experience staying at the Hyatt Regency, the first one dating back to the early 70's where I stayed at this hotel located in Tsim Sha Tsui on the busy street of Nathan Road. Of course, the Hyatt I knew is no longer there but is now on a beautiful peace of land in Shatin where I spent the last couple of days with close friends celebrating a birthday date.
The room I had was very spacious overlooking the harbour.
My friends booked one night at the coffee shop where I had the most amazing buffet dinner : the variety was amazing, the offered sea food most delicious and fresh and that was the case for the remaining food on display.

I was able to renew this fabulous experience the following day at breakfast!

For poeple who are looking for something different while visiting Hong Kong I highly recommend the Hyatt Shatin.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife and I stayed here during our travel to HK during the Christmas break. I really liked the hotel - spacious rooms with all amenities, quiet location with a lot of open space all around. Staff was good and very helpful. Beds were large and extremely comfortable. In short, the hotel provided everything you could ask for.

My only concern is the location of the hotel away from the main attractions. Getting to Disneland or the Ropeway can take really long with a number of changes on the metro. The taxis can be expensive especially if you are coming from the central island. The upside is that you get a great hotel to stay in away from the city noise plus you get it at a great price as compared to hotels in the mainland. You decide!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now and have found it a great place to stay. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed.
The best thing about this hotel though is the staff, everyone I meet is super helpful.
There is a nice coffee shop on the lobby level which does nice coffee and cakes. It's very handy to the train being next to the station plus if there for work it's easy to get to the border or to Kowloon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank COLIN W

Dear COLIN W,

Thanks for the great review sharing your feelings and experience about your stay. It’s our pleasure to welcome you back. Our staffs are committed to providing authentic hospitality and excellent services. Thank you for acknowledging this. Next time when you have time, you may also try our Chinese restaurant Sha Tin 18. We will be happy to recommend you some signature dishes.

We look forward to seeing you back again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights late last December. The room is very comfortable and spacious compared to other hotels in Hong Kong.

Even though it is located in Sha Tin, away from city centre, it is not a problem as Hong Kong public transport especially the MTR is cheap and reliable. The hotel is 3 minutes from University MTR station. New World Plaza Sha Tin is 2 MTR station away.

The bus station for buses servicing the New Territory is just beside the MTR station. On weekends, we took a bus directly to Sai Kung.

However, the soap and lotions provided by the hotel is way below par. For a 4 star hotel, I would thought that better quality lotion and shower gel should be provided. From my 3rd night in this hotel, I noticed that the housekeeping failed to put shower gels or items essential for bathing in my room. I have to called the housekeeping for the balance 3 nights to provide me and my friends those items.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear COLIN W,

We look forward to seeing you back again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My friend and I had a wonderful five-night stay in this hotel in late December 2013. We used it as a quiet base to explore HK, which we hadn't seen for quite a number of years. The nearby MTR station was certainly an advantage as it connected us to downtown HK in about half an hour, and was handy for places such as Sai Kung. As for the hotel itself, we like the nice view from our deluxe twin room, which was pleasantly large, especially by HK standards. Bell-hop was helpful with our luggage on arrival from the airport, and check-in was pleasant and prompt. Front desk was helpful with offbeat queries -- such as where, in the vicinity, we could find a pub to catch the evening's EPL match. All in, apart from the regret that the in-room or onsite TV didn't show the season's soccer matches, we have no complaints. We like the space, the well-designed room, the roomy bathroom, and the understated service. Ah yes, we had a surprising good price for the room -- less than what we would have had to pay for a much smaller room in an older international class four-star hotel in TST.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear lalangm,

Thanks for the great review sharing your experience about your stay. Glad to know that you love our guestroom. Exploring New Territories is always exciting; we hope you have also enjoyed your Sai Kung trip. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.