“very pleasant stay at this hotel”

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin
Ranked #60 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a week long trip to Hong Kong and chose to stay at this hotel. It is in new territories and a bit far from the city but very accessible.Right outside MTR and one train ride to Tsim Sha Shui. The checkin process was very quick. The room is quiet spacious for Hong Kong. Had wifi inside the room and bathroom is also quiet nice. Very clean and nice towels. Their breakfast spread is humongous and quiet nice. We tried their Chinese restaurant, but may be we chose the wrong things. The bill for three of us came to HK$300 but the food was not that great. Breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: They have smoking and non smoking floors. Ask for Non-smoking floor. The corridors of smoking floor...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Wilson L, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear anainar,

Thanks for the great review sharing your feelings and experience about your stay. I am really glad to hear that overall you had a good time. Next time you may want to try our signature “Peking Duck” at Sha Tin 18 Chinese restaurant. It is the most popular item on our menu. Thanks again for the feedback, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Mother,daughter and 13 year old grandson stayed in September, found it suited all our needs,supermarket in complex was used constantly to feed 13 year old, MTR below hotel was a bonus to get around, we were in Regency Club for two nights when we arrived which was wonderful as was staff in helping us with anything we needed. For an indulgence it met all our needs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just finished up a stay here. Arrived latish and ask for a room upgrade to the water view and was refused - OK, not a big deal - so I paid for it myself. I was on the 15th floor. The water view is nice but not worth the extra money. Most of the day I stayed in the room and when I went out and asked for the room to be cleaned, staff came and cleaned the room in the most minimal way. Trash was left on the floor and throughout the room, soaps not replaced. The fitness center is OK but the changing rooms were very busy and seedy. Asked lady at desk for a menu of spa treatments, she had no idea what I was saying and then went to find someone and left me there. After 5 minutes I walked off. Tin Tin Bar staff very pushy. One of those places where they ask you every 5 minutes if you want another drink. Asked for a late check out to 3pm and was refused, not really the sort of place you want to be - if you're looking for a hotel on the outskirts of HK there are better choices, like the Gold Coast hotel. I don't want to be all negative: there was free wi-fi and it worked well. However, when all is considered, guests can do much better. My verdict: stay away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank JustAFamily

Dear JustAFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit. I am very sorry to learn about your disappointment, please accept our sincere apologies. If you could kindly give us your name, stay dates and your contact email, we would love to hear your feedback with more details. Kindly email me at hongkong.shatin@hyatt.com

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed my 3 night stay here. It's perfect for a business hotel and also very family freindly for a leisure trip. It's got a brand new feel to it. The carpets in the hallways are extremely lush and comfortable. It's also a great location away from the hustle bustle of Hong Kong city and great connections right beside the University MTR and bus station. The hotel also runs a free shuttle to and from the other Hyatt Regency in the city with stop off points at Sha-Tin and Central. I was upgraded to an apartment suit and it was absolutely fantastic with great views over the harbour and the mountains. A huge walk-in shower in the bathroom and all the facilities you could need. Gymn sauna and pool are great and well equipped and maintained. The lobby restaurant has a fabulous selection of breakfast and dinner menus and there's another excellent restaurant on the 4th floor with a bar next door which some nights has live entertainment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Dale T,

Thanks for the great review sharing your feelings and experience about your stay. I’m glad you like our location, views and services in general. We will continue to ensure that we offer our guests good value for money. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is a fine hotel but it's a 30-50 minute shuffle or subway ride from Hong Kong city center Excellent room, great staff, and great food and room service was very nice. It's just a long way from the main reason you may have wanted to come to Hong Kong. One of the best things about is that it is a two minute walk to the Hong Kong subway. Easy to use and reasonably priced.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Putterface
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a truly excellent hotel. Comfortable rooms, helpful staff, great food, delightful cocktail lounge. If you need to be near the Chinese University of Hong Kong, its an ideal place to stay. Otherwise it's a bit far from Kowloon, but it is located directly at the "University" underground station.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Silver2011
Wilson L, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Silver2011,

Thanks for the great review sharing your feelings and experience about your stay. I am delighted that your experience was positive. Being an urban resort hotel, we are very proud of our location, restaurant and facilities. Look forward to welcoming you back to Sha Tin.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was on a business trip and staying for the first time in this lovely hotel. As it was an intensive 4-day training course, the location of this hotel was most ideal. With no distraction of malls that is within walking distance, I could concentrate on my course. The training room I was in had natural lighting and a was well equipped.

Having said that, don't get me wrong as it is convenient with a railway station just a stone's throw away and a 10 mins taxi ride will get you to a cluster of malls that will allow you to staring swiping your credit cards.

My hotel room was of a good size and all facilities were of very good standards, which is not surprising as it is a Hyatt hotel. But what really impressed me was the impeccable service that I received throughout my stay, the staff were all fantastic...highly professional and efficient.

But what really left an impression was the cuisine that they offered, from the lobby restaurant to their Chinese restaurant. The food was most delicious and one just could not get enough.

So, should you be heading out to Hong Kong and would like to try a hotel which is slightly away from the maddening crowd than this may be the perfect choice!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business