“Great food, English speaking staff needed ”
Review of Nagasakayaki

Nagasakayaki
Ranked #27 of 13,430 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighborhood: Mong Kok
Neighborhood: Mong Kok
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Great food, hard working staff who struggle to communicate in English. Some basic items of the menu have to be offered consistently on a daily basis. They ran out of edamame in the day of our visit. Rather than that, we would come back and we recommend this restaurant

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 30, 2019

I am writing this review not to complain about the quality of the food but rather the quality of the owner. We visited for dinner (party of two). The owner welcomed us and invited to trust him for culinary choices. Knowing Japanese people to be very trustworthy we made the mistake and trusted him. It turned out to be very costly mistake. A dinner for two ended up being almost 400 Canadian dollars for nothing special. To make things more clear, all we ordered from the menu added up to just around 180 CAD. The only item not from the menu was the sashimi plate recommended by the owner. There were around 10 pieces of snapper sashimi. This must have been close to 200 CAD which was the balance. So sad to take advantage of tourists selling the legendary trust in a package with their food for a little bit of nothing. My advice, if you go, is to only order from the menu or ask before you order. This is the second time that we ran into such a situation, first time being in Jerusalem. Same trick as this one, different owner.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Adventurer782083
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

This is my first visit to this restaurant. The staff is helpful and the food is good. We ordered a dozen of oysters which are fresh and delicious. Then, we had a sashimi fish and some other dishes. Everything is great and we have a good evening. Recommended!

這是我們第一次到訪,餐廳位於旺角的中心區,交通非常便利。我們點了一打生蠔,是來自韓國及北九州。接一條魚刺身,還有壽司,串燒及拉麵,所有食物都很好,豐富的一頓晚餐。

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 4, 2019

We had New Year's Eve dinner here and thoroughly enjoyed it. It cost about $350 Can for four but we did not hold back on the food and drinks. The pieces of sushi were quite large. Good ambience. Chosen because of proximity to our hotel (and good reviews) and very happy we did.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

It was my first visit here and I only want to eat sushi and sashimi. I was treated with a walnut snacks when I just arrived. I was a delight to eat it. And when my order arrived, I really enjoyed the food. The sushi and sashimi were very fresh. Great service as well and no problem to order in English. Highly recommended!!

Date of visit: January 2019