Stayed at the Butterfly on Prat for the second portion of our trip to Hong Kong as we spent the first half at Langham Place in Mongkok. I booked via AsiaTravel so I got the stay 2 nights get 3rd night for free deal, which brough the deluxe room to about $100 USD per night, which is certainly a good value for a hotel in TST (though this is off season). The location was great, only a couple of blocks away from Tsim Sha Tsui station and 3 blocks away from East Tsim Sha Tsui station, giving you access to multiple MTR lines to go wherever you need to.
The deluxe rooms are spacious (for Hong Kong), modern, and clean. The lobby is small and basic, just the front desk and a couple of laptops which function as the business center. I would advise bringing your own laptop though, because during our stay the lobby laptops were always occupied. Internet access is also available in the room, although only by LAN cable and not wireless (kind of a pain because I'm the type that likes to use my laptop while laying in bed and I could only use it at the desk at the Butterfly).
My main complaint is the noise factor on Prat. Butterfly is located right above a few rowdy bars in this section of Prat Avenue, and no matter what night of the week, I could hear loud music and conversations well into the night from my 13th floor room. The noise probably would've been better if we had gotten a room on the side of the hallway away from the street (might as well as the street view is just another hotel building). The noise, in conjunction with the oddly short beds (I am 5'3" and my feet were almost touching the edge of the bed), made for rather poor sleep during my stay. My other complaint is the temperature control in the room which was manual instead of digital, and no matter what temperature we set it on, the room was always freezing cold. We ended up just turning off the A/C at night, but made the room rather muggy in the morning.
Room comes equipped with a mini fridge and a microwave, which is pretty handy (especially since we took a cooking class with lots of take home items). The bathrooms are bright with large showers.
The hallway on the 13th floor also stunk like durian and mildew, perhaps someone was eating durian during my stay, but more likely due to poor ventilation in the small hallway.
Overall, a good value for a central location in Hong Kong. I would say Butterfly is a solid 3 star hotel that has some conveniences of a serviced apartment (microwave, fridge). You get what you pay for, don't come here expecting 5 star treatment or furnishings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of pulsating Tsim Sha Tsui, Butterfly on Prat is the ideal launch pad to indulge in the best shopping, museums and panorama Hong Kong has to offer. Step outside of the hip and chic comforts of the hotel and loose yourself in the mega shopping maze of Harbour City. Go catch up with arts, culture and past of the ex-colony, wine and dine Michelin-grade gourmets and drink in the uninterrupted views of some of the world's finest skylines. Whatever you do in this part of town, you simply wish you'd have more eyes, ears, taste buds and time. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! And once your heady day is over, return to the stylish relief of our 158 rooms, where branded amenities and device-friendly docking stations mix with free Wi-Fi and strong pops of colours to craft enhanced inspirations for both work and play. Guests will even get the treat of a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Families with children are well taken care of too, with thoughtful amenities and ample space to fit comfortably a family of four. Whenever help is needed, our 24-hour front desk is on stand-by. Need travel advice? Try our 'Local Ambassadors'! How well connected are we? - 4-minute walk to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR subway station. - 10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Kowloon Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Butterfly on Prat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Prat Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Prat Hong Kong