“Superb Hotel”
Review of Butterfly on Prat

Butterfly on Prat
Ranked #50 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights, with my two kids( 5 & 6 years old). I booked twin bed room, but they told me it would be convenience for me if I choose Double bed room plus they are giving me free extra bed. I took it, and found out its way out of my imaginary. The room was clean, the bed big enough to accommodate my wive and my two kids, and bathroom was big (many hotels in HK which has equal price have small bathroom) and clean too, much of hotel in Hong Kong have small bathroom. So many restaurant in the area, McDonalds, KFC, Burgerking, many Korean restaurant, Indian, Italian and many more. Just 5 min walks to the MTROne thing to remember, the staff was very friendly and good in speaking English. I'll definitely stay in this Hotel when Im travelling to HK again.

Room Tip: No tips from me, just go and stay there...Worth every penny
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Stephen H
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Prat, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your great comments. We are glad to hear that our room recommendation have made your stay better, and we hope you and your family had an overall fantastic stay with us.

Yes, it never runs out of choice if you wish to search for great food around the hotel area, hope you got some nice picks during this trip. Thank you again for your support, we look forward to make your next stay just as superb as the recent one!

There are newer reviews for Butterfly on Prat

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for two nights, ran into some trouble with having my wallet stolen but the front desk was very understanding and helpful, especially Mike Wong! Mike was professional but very friendly; willing to recommend places to see (on a budget) or just chat in the lobby. The rooms are clean and quiet, the hotel is close to the metro and minutes away from all the shopping a girl could need! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. One thing it is lacking is a nice hotel restaurant or hotel lounge.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kirstin L

Thank you for your compliments.We hope our intimate services had cheered you up from your trouble.

Mike is without a doubt, one of our great service minded members. He is always happy to provide a helping hand to all our guests, especially offering some excellent sightseeing recommendations.

Thank you and we look forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in Aug 13. Small boutique hotel with a small main entrance and lobby. Small but clean and modern looking room. Bed a bit too soft to our liking. Not much of a window view even though we are on the 16th floor as we are facing the back of another building. Not that it matters as we were out most of the day. Friendly and helpful staff. Very good location with amenities and many eateries right at the doorstep. Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station about 3 mins walk away.

Room Tip: Understand the twin beds configuration is limited and comes with a slightly bigger room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We hope you enjoyed our hotel facilities, services and had a great stay overall.

Tsim Sha Tsui is definitely a great place to stay with its wide variety of restaurants, shops and tourist attractions which we hope you had time to enjoy and explore the area’s hidden charms. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

There is no doubt: the more you travel, the more you get used to comfort and the more you get used to comfort, the less you want to waste your time trying to get to things. Mind you, this is a pretty nice and super clean hotel. Very user-friendly and all modern looking, but... If you travel with your partner this might become your little alcove, if you travel for business, it's just way too hard to get there and there is no way you would want to invite anyone there for networking or socialising. The location is good only if you know HK, otherwise, it's quite tricky and you seriously need to walk heaps. Internet is free... but slower than 3g. Yes, ok, I asked for a non-smoking room, got there an dthey gave me a smoking room! So for some more $ they upgraded me. Great I pay, of course I get upgraded, but a free bottle of wine. who would want to get drunk by himself in their bedroom in a hotel??? Not Me! I appreciate the effort, but... again, it's not a bad place, just not for me and not strategically for business.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank satori99

Thank you for your valuable feedback. First of all please accept our sincere apology for not having assign you for the non-smoking room as requested, we will definitely review the case with our online partners so all guest requests could be delivered correctly to our guest services team.

We really appreciate your comments as it can help us better cater for business clienteles in the future. Also both the cable and wireless internet performance should be much faster than a 3G connection, more effort on monitoring the speed would be paid in our hotel in order to ensure guest could fully enjoy this free service.

Thank you again and we hope to have another opportunity to show you a much better experience.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very recommend and I wish to go back again. I love all customer services. Front Desk Staffs, especially Karen Law and Mike Wong, are very helpful and friendly. Although a room is quite small, it is pretty clean and modern style. Stay here, I did not need to go further because I could walk to nice restaurants, Cafe', shops, and convenient stores on Prat Ave.

Room Tip: Choose the room at the Front gate side, which is the better view. (by the way, there is the building...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Seth G
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Prat, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for such heart warming recommendations, we are glad you liked our services so much and had a great stay here! Great thanks for letting us share your friendly photo with Karen and Mike on Facebook too, have you checked it out yet?

We can't wait to welcome you back in Butterfly on Prat!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my 11 daughter and had no problems at all. I was surprised how expensive the hotels are in Hong Kong and chose Butterfly because of its price. No complaints at all. Really close to the MTR. And walking distance to the harbour.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Claire M
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Prat, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

We wish you had a great time with your daughter in Hong Kong! It's great to know that you liked our hotel. If you have any planning to visit us again, remember to check out our early bird offers on official website to save more on your booking. Thanks and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is my second stay at a Butterfly...my last was on Hollywood Road. While I can't stand the swarms of maddening tourists and shoppers in TST (it painfully reminds me of Times Square in NYC which I despise with all my soul), this hotel is fine. The staff is friendly and the rooms are decent and a good value.

I will remind myself to never stay in TST again but I would certainly stay at another Butterfly hotel location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert E

Thanks so much for staying with Butterfly again and we hope you have yet another great stay with us! Since TST is the center of attention at Kowloon, indeed it could be a bit crowded at times. Let us invite you to our sister hotels with comparatively more peaceful atmosphere around, feel free to contact us directly for more information when you are planning for your next trip.

We would like to thank you for your patronage and we look forward to make you next stay just as memorable.