“Excellent service, great location!”
Review of Butterfly on Prat

Butterfly on Prat
Ranked #48 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Let me start with the negatives, which is minimal but necessary in order to write a fair and honest review.

- Bars, massage joints and pubs on Prat Avenue are noisy so do request for higher floors. I stayed on the 12th floor but heard cheering and shouting from the ground level on a football night.
- Unable to add an extra bed in Superior rooms. You'll have to upgrade to a Deluxe and topup HKD350 per night.
- The television had cranky reception and the images comes up a little fuzzy with static.
+ Provision of firm and soft pillows, for your choice, depending on your preference.
+ Hansgrohe bathroom fittings. The shower area was spacious enough for me.
+ A few magazines were provided. There was even a guidebook on shopping, dining and entertainment selections in Hong Kong.
+ Comfortable bed.
+ Tsim Sha Tsui MTR exit A2 was just a junction away. Max 5 min walk if you are slow.
+ Wide array of food options just below the hotel, across the street, one street away and even near the MTR. You'll never go hungry here. I spotted Korean, Indian and Vietnamese food options in the area.
+ Knowledgable and helpful staff who spoke excellent English.

My stay with Butterfly on Prat ended on a high note too. I wish to specially commend Tommy and Calie for their attention to detail and unwielding perserverence.

I left Butterfly on Prat for Macau and asked Tommy got directions on how to get to the Macau Ferry Terminal at Sheung Wan, as I thought it would have more ferry timings as compared to the one at Tsim Sha Tsui. He advised me to just head to the Tsim Sha Tsui one as the ferry timings were equally frequent and I could even avoid the cross tunnel traffic and save even more time that way. He even hailed a cab, directed the cab driver and loaded my luggage up the taxi!

While talking to Tommy, my husband casually mentioned we will be heading to The Venetian and asked Tommy which ferry terminal on Macau would get us faster access to The Venetian.

Upon reaching Macau and checking in to The Venetian. The check in staff advised me to call Tommy from Butterfly on Prat back. At this point of time I was just bewildered as to why Tommy managed to locate me at The Venetian and even asked me to call him back.

Silly me did not realise I had left my dental retainers back in my room at Butterfly on Prat until I contacted Tommy via email! Their staff were just so prompt in replying their emails and Tommy even got Calie, their duty manager to liaise with me in case I called when he's off duty.

I am just astounded by Tommy's dedication to great service! When I went back to Butterfly on Prat 2 days later to collect me retainers, the staff on duty even told me Tommy wanted to meet me personally in Macau to pass me my retainers over the weekend, if I was still to be in Macau.

I regret not having the chance to thank Tommy personally for consistently going above and beyond his call of duty. Butterfly on Prat is an excellent hotel because of its human touch :) Thank you Butterfly on Prat and Tommy!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Prat, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for writing us this positive comment. Tommy, Calie and everyone on our guest services team are so delighted that you left smiling because of our exceeding service.

Your constructive comments have been shared amongst concerned department as well, we will surely study on those area and to offer our guests an ever improving staying experience.

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,004)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My third trip to Hong Kong but first stay at the Butterfly on Pratt - This is definitely going to be my first choice for future visits. It is the perfect central location in Tsim Sha Tsui on the Kowloon side. A short 2 minute walk to Nathan Road and the Harbour is only 10 minutes further, the metro station is right on the intersection with Nathan road - and this puts the whole city literally on a plate for you. Easy to get to and from the airport on either the high speed airport train or the airport shuttle bus ( which the guys at reception will happily arrange for you !) .
The rooms are excellent (especially the 'executive' - which i was upgraded to) very,very clean and modern and nicely laid out to maximise the use of space (Hong Kong hotel rooms are never very large !!) . The staff were excellent - bear in mind this hotel does not have a pool, gym, restaurant, bar and so on ...... but why would they - you are in the middle of a vibrant chaotic city and you will only go there to sleep :) If you cant find what you need in bars and restaurants right outside the front door .... there is something wrong !!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for making us your first choice for future visits! We are pleased to hear that you really enjoyed the convenience of our hotel location and have a great experience in this vibrant city. We look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We needed a one night stay in Hong Kong.W consulted with tripadvisor for a hotel and found The Butterfly Hotel On Pratt. It was everything we needed. Clean, friendly, very convenient to everything affordable pricing. The staff was extremely helpful, everything from reservations, wifi, printing boarding passes, creating a welcoming atmosphere. We would recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donna647965

Thank you so much for your kind comments and recommendation! It is always wonderful to hear when our staff have done a wonderful job for our guests.

We are glad that you had a nice experience staying with us even it was only a one night stay.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We booked our second visit in Hong Kong at Butterfly on Prat. They opened the front door and greeted us with smiles, from the moment we shuffled in with our luggage. We got an upgrade of a room, which is always nice. The room has everything, it was small but very clean and had all the necessities. Loved that it was close to everything but not too close. The room was quiet because we werent on a busy street. Loved the colors and the deco. We asked Kane at the front desk for a recommendation for a place where he would eat. Not only did he recommend a great place just down the street, he peeked in the window and gave us a thumbs up to make sure we found it and were ok. The front desk staff would take the time to smile, open the front door and just be nice. That is service. That is personal service.
Not only does it matter if your room is what you expected… it’s a whole package. We were very happy. Last time we stayed in Hong Kong we paid for more square footage and will be coming back to Butterfly on Prat.

Room Tip: On same side of the street (Prat) is a great Chinese noodle restaurant. We ordered the everything s...
1  Thank Beachtravelerz

It was very encouraging to hear your delightful comments about our service. The extraordinary, personalized service is what differentiate Butterfly from other hotels, while having your recognition is exactly what we are most proud of.

Kane & everyone on the guest services team are looking forward to welcoming you again in Butterfly in Prat!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I had a very enjoyable stay, great staff, great location, great room. Wi-fi worked well, huge shower with powerful nozzle, fridge, plasma tv, safe, all the necessary amenities. I would not hesitate to recommend and we are certain to return.

1  Thank blamb53
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I (used to) travel frequently to Hk so I have come to rely on some proven hotels - because I have also been to some quite bad ones. The ones I relied on in the Tsimshatsui area were quite expensive and I looked around the area at booking.com. Butterfly on Prat is in a very good location very near Tsimshatsui Station, the shopping district of Tsimshatsui and Nathan, Granville on Carnarvon was accessible from a small alley right across the hotel. The restaurants and bars, including Swiss Chalet and other European and western bars are just on the next street, Hart. The hotel is clean, cheery modern art in just the right taste is at the lobby, the room size is just right for a centrally located HK hotel. Breakfast is near with all the restaurants just outside including a McDonalds and Delifrance. The harbor is quite near. All in all, I would go back to this hotel. No negatives.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hidden gem is perfectly located in the heart of Hong Kong (Tsim Sha Tsui). Room was clean,small but very efficient, comfortable, nice bathroom,fridge,microwave,plasma tv,safe. No view. excellent stable WIFI.Attentive staff.

Room Tip: Superior room with free wifi was perfect for me.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo