Let me start with the negatives, which is minimal but necessary in order to write a fair and honest review.
- Bars, massage joints and pubs on Prat Avenue are noisy so do request for higher floors. I stayed on the 12th floor but heard cheering and shouting from the ground level on a football night.
- Unable to add an extra bed in Superior rooms. You'll have to upgrade to a Deluxe and topup HKD350 per night.
- The television had cranky reception and the images comes up a little fuzzy with static.
+ Provision of firm and soft pillows, for your choice, depending on your preference.
+ Hansgrohe bathroom fittings. The shower area was spacious enough for me.
+ A few magazines were provided. There was even a guidebook on shopping, dining and entertainment selections in Hong Kong.
+ Comfortable bed.
+ Tsim Sha Tsui MTR exit A2 was just a junction away. Max 5 min walk if you are slow.
+ Wide array of food options just below the hotel, across the street, one street away and even near the MTR. You'll never go hungry here. I spotted Korean, Indian and Vietnamese food options in the area.
+ Knowledgable and helpful staff who spoke excellent English.
My stay with Butterfly on Prat ended on a high note too. I wish to specially commend Tommy and Calie for their attention to detail and unwielding perserverence.
I left Butterfly on Prat for Macau and asked Tommy got directions on how to get to the Macau Ferry Terminal at Sheung Wan, as I thought it would have more ferry timings as compared to the one at Tsim Sha Tsui. He advised me to just head to the Tsim Sha Tsui one as the ferry timings were equally frequent and I could even avoid the cross tunnel traffic and save even more time that way. He even hailed a cab, directed the cab driver and loaded my luggage up the taxi!
While talking to Tommy, my husband casually mentioned we will be heading to The Venetian and asked Tommy which ferry terminal on Macau would get us faster access to The Venetian.
Upon reaching Macau and checking in to The Venetian. The check in staff advised me to call Tommy from Butterfly on Prat back. At this point of time I was just bewildered as to why Tommy managed to locate me at The Venetian and even asked me to call him back.
Silly me did not realise I had left my dental retainers back in my room at Butterfly on Prat until I contacted Tommy via email! Their staff were just so prompt in replying their emails and Tommy even got Calie, their duty manager to liaise with me in case I called when he's off duty.
I am just astounded by Tommy's dedication to great service! When I went back to Butterfly on Prat 2 days later to collect me retainers, the staff on duty even told me Tommy wanted to meet me personally in Macau to pass me my retainers over the weekend, if I was still to be in Macau.
I regret not having the chance to thank Tommy personally for consistently going above and beyond his call of duty. Butterfly on Prat is an excellent hotel because of its human touch :) Thank you Butterfly on Prat and Tommy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of pulsating Tsim Sha Tsui, Butterfly on Prat is the ideal launch pad to indulge in the best shopping, museums and panorama Hong Kong has to offer. Step outside of the hip and chic comforts of the hotel and loose yourself in the mega shopping maze of Harbour City. Go catch up with arts, culture and past of the ex-colony, wine and dine Michelin-grade gourmets and drink in the uninterrupted views of some of the world's finest skylines. Whatever you do in this part of town, you simply wish you'd have more eyes, ears, taste buds and time. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! And once your heady day is over, return to the stylish relief of our 158 rooms, where branded amenities and device-friendly docking stations mix with free Wi-Fi and strong pops of colours to craft enhanced inspirations for both work and play. Guests will even get the treat of a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Families with children are well taken care of too, with thoughtful amenities and ample space to fit comfortably a family of four. Whenever help is needed, our 24-hour front desk is on stand-by. Need travel advice? Try our 'Local Ambassadors'! How well connected are we? - 4-minute walk to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR subway station. - 10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Kowloon Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Butterfly on Prat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Prat Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Prat Hong Kong