“Food with a view”
Review of Hutong

Hutong
Ranked #55 of 8,531 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Reminiscent of an ancient family courtyard in one of Peking's fast disappearing hutongs (courtyard houses set between narrow lanes), Hutong's interiors are set against the most breathtaking skyline of any international metropolis. This is not the only surprise. The sense of adventure and sheer avant-garde creativity continues in the innovating cuisine inspired by the culinary styles of Peking and Shandong province.
Istanbul, Turkey
“Food with a view”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The view is really magnificent! So is the food and the atmosphere in this restaurant. A must if you would like a total overview of Hong Kong Island while dining...

• Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York, NY
“Wonderful experience - order the slicked duck!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Wow.This restaurant was absolutely amazing for dinner. The light show was a nice addition to the beautiful view and the shoeless, calm atmosphere of the place. I was pretty jet lagged when I ate here so the whole experience felt pretty surreal...but all I really know is YOU HAVE TO order the sliced duck meat fried with bamboo shoots. Or maybe you shouldnt becuase you'll never taste duck like this again. Best I've ever had - I still think about it weeks later. Good company didn't hurt the amazing time we had here either. Definitely recommend to anyone.

• Visited September 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Because I had a tendency to stay on the Island side of Hong Kong, I realized I'd been missing out on something when a friend and I ventured over to the Tsim Sha Tsui district in Kowloon to take a meal at Hutong. This restaurant is worth it alone for the setting, but the food was also very good. Wonderful décor and a fantastic view of Victoria Harbor — we caught the city's great evening light show. The food is contemporary Chinese with a wide range of innovative takes on standard ingredients. We shared main courses with duck and prawns (I wish I could recall the specific dishes, but they were fantastic), and we also found the wine list to be A+.

• Visited June 2012
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We recently dined at the Hutong for an Anninersary dinner and were not disappointed.

We had a window table overlooking the Harbour to HK island. The setting is understated in photos.

The menu is extensive. Not to be disappointed we opted for the degustation menu with matched wines which all added to the dinning experience. The food was excellent watch the secheuzan prawns.....theyre hot but they are fantastic.

We booked a week in advance to ensure we got a window seat.

It was a memorable night but not one for the budget minded traveller.

• Visited October 2012
LA GARENNE COLOMBES
“Good food and fantastic view”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

If you have the opportunity to have a lunch or a diner here, don't hesitate. The view is great (one of the most impressive in the world) and the food is OK. We went there for business, so not sure we have been served the best eatery. I went here a few months before and the food was better.
But no doubt one of the place to be in Hong Kong.