“Minnie without Chef Mickey”

Disney's Hollywood Hotel - Chef Mickey
Ranked #250 of 13,409 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Territories
Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

Recall that there was no character (chef Mickey) on Friday previously.
This time they have .. But not Mickey, but Minnie herself.
Food wise, cant say they were great nor excellent, but fine to good .. Dessert counter looks attractive, Especially with my boys around.
Service, Server Jo was great n attentive .. Look after our table n play with our kids.
Points to add: can have $50 discount if you're a hotel guest!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

It’s strange to eat at a character buffet without any characters but that’s what’s happening at this hotel. We ate here two times during our 5 day stay One time with reservation and one time walk in. So no extra reason to eat here except to pay a lot for crabs and Standard Chinese food and Western Food. The buffet is good overall and since there is basically no where else to eat unless you go 3040 minutes away it was fine but quite expensive. I thought the whole idea of a character buffet was to have a character there. Oh well.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

It was buufet breakfast.The food was well arranged , abandoned, much variety, in one word well done. There was never a dish empty.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed February 20, 2019

we really enjoyed the choices here! of course the mickey waffles were fantastic, and we got to take a picture with chef mickey! the cleanliness wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst either, we found it quite expensive for what we got but we did enjoy the experience... we would just never do it again - its a one off

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 30, 2019

I went for a dinner (no Mickey) and breakfast (with Mickey) while I was there.
Breakfast: For the breakfast a card was put in the sugar bowl of my table and when I took my eldest for a photo with Mickey while the youngest ate, I was asked for the card. I gave it to them - but this meant that my youngest wasn't allowed a photo with Mickey as we had already used the card. That deal wasn't explained and left a sad 5yo. So take all kids to Mickey in one go!
The food was ok. All bread items were quite tough (and not that great) but they looked amazing.
Dinner: The food options were great. There was Asian, Western and Indian available with a lot of seafood. Plus a dessert bar.
Overall both are very expensive, especially considering what my kids actually ate. There's also a lot of wastage from everyone because the food looks better than it tastes and despite it being a buffet you can go back to, so many people overfill their plates.

Date of visit: January 2019