“Best Mexican !”

Agave
Ranked #863 of 7,917 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: Agave offers a menu showcasing regional specialties and creative dishes from Guadalajara, Mexico’s second most populated city, as well as Jalisco. Ingredients used such as various chilies, cactus and fresh green tomatillos are imported from Mexico, whilst our tortillas are handmade on site. Guests can try our wide selection of tequilas or savor our well-known margaritas at the long bar. The ambience is authentically Mexican as vivid oranges and reds exhibit the unique architectural style of Luis Barragán, one of the most influential Mexican architects of the 20th Century.
melbourne, australia
“Best Mexican !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Tired of Thai food, ( him not me ) we ventured, with help from TA to find Mexican in Hong Kong. Agave....easier than Lan Kwai Fong...so off we set. Straight out the exit from Wan Chai station. Staff lovely and accommodating, especially Agnes, the jug of margartita's yum....and then....the prawn guacamole combined with the ceviche....heaven. Really didn't need anything else, though we'd ordered more....it was a great night.....The street show was pure theatre....an added bonus

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Warsaw, Poland
“Great Tex-Mex fix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Being from the US and living in Vietnam, I miss my Tex-Mex! I was excited to try Agave. While not heavily authentic, the food was a warm welcome. We did guacamole (surprised by the small portion!), queso fundido (yum), fish tacos (small portion again), and 2 rounds of their 6-shot tequila boat. Overall, really enjoyed it! The staff was nice and the place was clean. The window-front view was nice to see the busy nightlife and people waiting out front of the many, many establishments nearby featuring "adult entertainment" although we did not partake.

• Visited February 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Margaritas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stop here after the Chinese NY fireworks to avoid the stampede at the MTR. Glad we did. We arrived just in time for the last 10 minutes of happy hour. We got 2 Dos Equis and 2 Margaritas (passion fruit and strawberry) both margaritas were strong btw!!! By the time I ended up ordering my second one they had ran out of margarita glasses so it arrived in a pint glass.Being a good Scottish girl it wasn't a problem! The cost for the 4 drinks was just under $150 which is pretty good! Didn't get food but it looked and smelt amazing!

Nashville, TN
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Yeah - this is the real deal. I was recommended to go here by a co-worker that had lived and worked in HK for a long time. I had forgotten that he mentioned the neighborhood was... interesting... but I did remember that he said the food was excellent. And boy was he right!

I started with the guacamole, which was good. I got a respados 'classic' margarita to start the drinking - that was very nice as well. (I also found out it was happy hour... even better). I ordered the chili con carne (on my coworker's recommendation) and thought it was out of this world. The tender shredded beef with the mix of chilis... wow. Combined with my second margarita, the guacamole, and the amusing happenings across the street and I was delighted. I only wish I could eat there again and again...

Super easy to find this place from the station, but keep in mind that the *ladies* are between you and the restaurant. Focus on the food!

Visited November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Great value, huge portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Visit here during happy hour the drinks are great value. The food is amazing especially the burritos, tacos, nachos and fajitas. The service is high quality too, definitely worth a visit. Just remember to tip the staff if they do a great job cause I'll bet they aren't paid that well.

• Visited November 2012