“If you've been to one, You've been to them all”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #96 of 7,950 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Located at Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hard Rock Cafe Hong Kong is the place for great food & drinks, awesome music and rockin' atmosphere. Want to feel like a rock star? You have found the right place.
Hong Kong, China
“If you've been to one, You've been to them all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Eh, not bad. A little overpriced but that is the Hard Rock Cafe standard. We ate here for lunch. Ordered a pulled pork, traditional
Burger and spring rolls. Pretty typical. The service was pretty good. My wife and friend spoke cantonese to each other but ordered to the chinese waiter in English which is typical in tourist type areas. I'm am American and motioned for the waiter in chinese which he found odd, 2 chinese girls speaking English and a white guy speaking cantonese. He was funny about it and said order in chinese please. So I did and he understood. He meant it in a comedic way and I found it funny.

My son loved the stage they had set up: drums, guitars, amps and the like. He loves music so it was fun for him. Go if you're into visiting a hard rock in everyplace you visit. Don't go otherwise. Many better and cheaper places to waste your money. Also, the retail store there is super tiny.

• Visited August 2013
HardRockHK, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi there, thanks for your comment and it seems like you enjoyed the Hard Rock experience in Hong Kong! Next time when you come over, try to come in the evening because each Hard Rock Café features different live shows and performance and I am sure you will enjoy it!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Why is it so hot?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had a quick drink at Hard Rock Cafe. Main objective was to visit Hard Rock Cafe retail outlet to purchase merchandize. The outlet was humid and hot. Why? When we asked the staff, they say it's like that. The outlet was so uncomfortable, then it was hard to be in there. Just picked up a few merchandize and walked out. Didnt want to try out the T Shirts because it was hot and stuffy.

• Visited July 2013
HardRockHK, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for coming to Hard Rock Cafe Rock Shop. I am sorry that the central air conditioning unit was not working properly earlier and the management has just fixed it. Again, sorry for any inconvenience caused, which shirt(s) did you want to try on? And what size are you? We can check the stock and if you can give us your address and we are happy to send you one.

Please contact us at sales.hk@vtijs.com and thanks.
London, United Kingdom
“okay , if u are starrving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Well, I visited this hard rock when I was really hungry after my trip where we didn't get anything to eeat . So when I saw this I was happy as I love hard rock. And I had chicken strips and a burger well I really loved it we had couple of drinks as well to enhance the taste - so it was superb . But. When I was in malta and ordered the same fOod in their hard rock - I thought this was far better than the chinese version of it !!

• Visited March 2013
HardRockHK, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Great to hear this! Thanks for your comment! Rock on.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good place to have your meals!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Food and drinks served in timely manner. They have provided our son with colouring paper and tools to keep him busy and not bored easily. Will be great if the weather is sunny then you can sit on the outside table. For everyone wants to reach this place without taxi you will have a little challenge to reach it since the place position in in the end of the street. We order hamburger and nachos which is very good taste.

• Visited June 2013
HardRockHK, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thanks for your comment. We will see you again and in the meantime, keep rocking!
Hong Kong, China
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Upstairs restaurant waiter was arrogant and not inviting.
Retail shop staff took charge and lead us to the lower entrance away from the restaurant host and provided us with a nice table.

Food and drinks were served fast.
Chicken strips tasted terrible. Like a Cajun / Paprika spice bend. Nothing like the proper recipe.

Band was unfortunately terrible.
Turning up the volume is no solution for not being able to sing in tune.
The female singer was terrible. Could not hit a note just drowned it out with high volume.
The bass player equally as bad as the lead guitar player. They both missed so many notes they were either drunk or stoned or simply incompetent.

Possibly if I got totally smashed before coming to the HR Cafe I might have not noticed as much.
No amount of alcohol or drugs could have made me think that this band actually knew how to play an instrument or sing in tune.

Overall I would never recommend anyone to go there other than to buy a t-shirt.
There are buskers on the street corners that are better musicians than those in the HR Cafe Hong Kong.
Better everyone should cross the street and eat Italian or go to Macau for some decent Hard Rock food and choose to listen to a band in another bar.

• Visited July 2013
HardRockHK, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thanks for your comment and may I have your contact so that we can follow up your experience at Hard Rock Cafe?

At Hard Rock, we value our guests' constructive comments and we constantly seek for improvement.

Please contact us at tel: +852-2117 3808 or email us at sales.hk@vtijs.com, we look forward to hearing from you.