“The Worst experience in HK”
Review of FLIPPER'S

FLIPPER'S
Ranked #30 of 103 Quick Bites in Hong Kong
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

I’d been wondering what the hype was with Flippers because every time I walked past there was a long line. I thought this must have meant the pancakes were really good. I was wrong!
I queued up on a quiet day for 20 minutes. The welcome was like a Mexican wave of “Welcome to Flippers” said by EVERY worker every time a new person was seated. Funny at the start, annoying after 45 minutes! I tried to order the Salmon cream cheese pancake. Nope, sorry don’t have. So I tried to order pancakes with bacon. Nope, sorry don’t have. In the end, I ordered a plain pancake. They brought my flat white out within 10 min which was watery and milky and didn’t taste of coffee at all!! Then I waited for 35 min for a plain pancake, which was really eggy and really airy. It tasted of nothing! My husband who has a sweet tooth was excited to get his pancake with chocolate sauce, but for the first time, he took a bite and left the rest behind. A total disappointment.

Glad I’ve finally been there because now I know why the queue is so long, not coz the pancakes are good, because the service is so slow! Thanks Flippers... I will never return again!

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank 706aliciah

Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

以為呢啲pancake會好似梳乎厘咁既texture 一開始感覺好似食緊空氣咁 但後來發現佢都有特別既質感 而且都幾飽肚 叫左原味同榛子朱古力 發現原味既cream比較好味 definitely worth a try for their pancakes!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 8, 2019 via mobile

The pancakes taste much more pancakey than the ones from other popular Japanese chains in HK (which are heavy on eggs and taste more like omelettes). I've never been a fan of cooked fruit but in all fairness the caramelised banana was OK (a bit shy of ripeness).

Place opens at 11:00 but there was a line-up at 10:25 (on a weekday). Ordered at 11:11, pancakes ready by 11:30.

FYI 11:45 is about when the first round of customers finish.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

Really disappointed to have waited in a line to finally get in and get a table, (after wanting to visit for 4 days but the line was too long) to only finally get a table on our last day here in Hong Kong and sit down to order and are then told that there is a minimum charge and we can’t just get one pancake meal to share.. I then politely asked if we could please get a take away pancake seeing as though we waited in the line.. which the man at the counter replied no we don’t do takeaway pancakes.

Really really disappointing, I wouldn’t recommend going here at all.. the staff are rude and not willing to accommodate your needs and budget.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank AGnz321
Reviewed November 14, 2018

Really nice fluffy (wobbly) pancakes, and good drinks. Insanely long wait for a table, and not a super relaxed atmosphere. But the pancakes are hilarious (especially when you see them wobble) and are quite nice.

Date of visit: October 2018