Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$193
$149
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$237
$533
$380
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Metropark Hotel Kowloon(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$119
$78
Trip.com
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
$265
$214
Hotel ICON Official Website
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$294
$242
Agoda.com
$172
4,013 results
All reviewsolympic stationshuttle busolympian cityfamily quad roomladies marketmobile phonewifi hotspotcomfort roomfree smartphonefree callsfree shuttle serviceprovide shuttlerooms are smallwalking distanceminute walksim cardchina ferry terminal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights recently. Good location, a 10 minute walk to MTR/ladies market and the bus is useful for getting your bearings. We didn't use it much as we already had Octopus cards for the MTR.

Good buffet breakfast which was always refreshed even if you go down late.

Lovely views from the bed, we enjoyed sitting on our bed with a beer at night watching the world go by! I do agree with other reviewers that the bed was a little short, but not too bad.

My only issue was we asked specifically for a double room when we booked, but they were all full when we arrived, so we had the choice of upgrading to a breakfast included double room or keeping the twin room. It was a little annoying that we had to pay more, but I suppose that's a lastminute.com issue not the hotel's fault?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed just 3 days in Hong Kong. We originally booked another hotel...which was an insect-infested hovel, which was the size of a mousecage, with rude scruffy staff.
We saw the Dorsett online, and decided to walk in and see.
We were greeted by the customer service manager, a young man named Eric, who showed us a couple of rooms, and informed us of the hotel's special offers. The rooms are on the small side, which is normal for Hong Kong....but very clean, well designed and made the best of a small space. We were on a high floor, and had a wonderful view of Hong Kong.
Breakfast was good....a buffet with a good selection of Asian and western food.
The staff were very friendly and efficient...Eric, Kathy the guest service supervisor, all the front desk staff, and concierge....they went over and above normal guest services.
We would definitely stay here again....and would recommend this hotel very highly.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We found this hotel based on on-line recommendations and were not disappointed. The room was excellent, especially since we had three people staying in the room (Premier Suite), and needed to utliize a pull-out sofa. There was more than sufficient room, even with the sofa pulled-out. Good views, and the room was very clean (an important point for us). Hotel staff are very attentive and friendly. We had to request extra towels on two occassions and they were brougth to the room in less than five minutes. Bathrooms were nicely appointed. Walk to MTR (Metro/subway) station is straight forward, which provides very quick rides to Hong Kong Island or elsewhere. Be aware that if you are traveling with someone with slower mobility, it is several blocks to the MTR, so prepare accordingly. Thers is a free hotel shuttle to another MTR station which leaves on the hour if you do not wish to walk. Area around the hotel is fine. A few restaurants within a block of the hotel, and more extensive offerings about five or six block walk to Mong Kok or accessible by the free hotel shuttle. Cabs are plentiful in the area.

If we ever return to Hong Kong will likely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Traveling with my mother-in-law so needed two separate sleeping areas. The Premier suite worked very well for us, especially given the price. This room could easily accommodate a family of four, especially since you will unlikely to be staying in the room that often.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed five nights in this hotel. The standard room was very clean and well equipped. It wasn't very large but more than enough for one person. The double bed was a bit short for 185cm tall body fortunately I can sleep diagonally on it :-) Only one thing bothered me. As I overcome time shifts with a difficulty I slept till midday first two days. And although I let sign "Don't disturb" for a housekeeper a ringing phone woke me up each time, maybe they wanted to ask me if I really want to be undisturbed :-)

The hotel is located about 10 minutes of walk from the MTR (metro) station which is perfect for a town sightseeing. But when you arrive from the airport the best way is to go by the train express to Cowloon station and then take a taxi which is very cheap in Hong Kong (you will pay for this route a bit more then for a BigMac). Hotel also advertises the shuttle bus from this station. BUT CAUTION!!! There are two hotels named Dorsett in Hong Kong and both have buses from the same place. So you can easily come to the wrong hotel as me :-)

If you choose this hotel you will stay almost in the heart of MongKok district which is in my opinion the most genuine Hong Kong part. And I have to say then although I moved on its streets during nights I never felt unsafe, of course you have to be careful. So if you want to discover the Hong Kong I can definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
CosmoHotelMongKok, General Manager at Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Mr Michal

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We have noted your comment on the size of the bed.. On your next visit, please approach our Housekeeping team for a bed extension arrangement, this service is available to ensure our guests a better sleeping experience. Please accept our apology for the unintentional ‘wake-up’ call during your midday sleep, please rest assured your message has been brought to our housekeeping department’s attention and they will be extra cautious in the future.We are so sorry for the disturbance caused.

Once again, thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed here fro three nights. The staff were extremely helpful, esp. the concierge, they are always giving really good advice on how to get somewhere. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel looked new and modern. The location is pretty ok. It's a 7-8 minutes walk to the olympic station and the hotel provides an hourly shuttle service to the hong kong airport station, to mongkok etc. That helps getting around too.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family