It is a fact that hotels in Hong Kong are not cheap, in particular, those within the city area. If you are expecting convenience and a huge luxurious room, then this place may not be suitable for you. However, we are very pleased with our stay at this hotel as it is value for money.
We took the airport express to Kowloon station and continue the onward journey to the hotel by a cab. The taxi fare from Kowloon station to Cosmo Hotel is about 60HKD.
The nearest MTR station (i.e. Olympic station - brown line) is about 800m away (about 10 minutes walk). The hotel also provides hourly shuttle services to the following places:
1. Langham Place (i.e. MongKok MTR station)
2. Kowloon MTR station (also the airport express line)
3. China HK city (Ferry terminal to Macau)
The shuttle service arrives on time and a copy of the table time can be obtained from the concierge.
The hotel is very thoughtful and emailed information on the weather just a week before your arrival. The staff were excellent and were able to converse in English and Mandarin.
Checking in was a breeze although I have requested for double bed but it was not ready during check in. Hence, I took the room with 2 single beds instead.
The rooms are tiny but clean and comfortable. As a matter of fact, hotels in Hong Kong city area are extremely expensive and hence the room size of Cosmo hotel is reasonable given the price paid for and the hotel's convenience. As mentioned earlier, if you prefer a luxurious huge room in similar location, just be prepared to pay more than US$250 a night. Otherwise, you would have to settle for a hotel further away from town area for huge rooms at cheaper rates.
We had no problems with the room although my brother who stayed in another room had complained about water not sufficiently warm for showers and the waste water doesn't drain well.
We did not have any breakfast at the hotel since eating out is not a problem at all. There are several char chan teng just across the street and the prices of these breakfast/lunch sets are very valuable (about 20HKD for a decent set). Do ask the concierge for recommendations on where to eat in the vicinity.
I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is valuable and convenient but would like to caution those who are expecting a huge room. You'll probably be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book this hotel online to enjoy free in-room 100Mbps WiFi and a 24-Hour Full Stay (for hotel official site booking only)! This Mongkok boutique hotel is 100% smoke-free, where Ladies Market and Temple Street night market are just within 10-15 minutes away for a local shopping experience. Free daily shuttle to Mongkok, Tsim Sha Tsui and West Kowloon is also available. The fitness studio is open 24 hours. Dorsett Mongkok is an EarthCheck bronze benchmarked hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong