“Comfortable...... No Free wifi in room.”

Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong
Ranked #76 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here for Christmas, my self, my husband and my 3 year old. We had the queen suite. Nice clean room, with a Good size bathroom. The shower was very good.

What I didn't like about this room was the bed was small, length wise... My feet were hanging off the bed. (I'm not even that tall 5'6)
There's no free wifi in the room... Everywhere in HK there is free wifi but not in the hotel room.
The pull out sofa bed was uncomfortable.

We also had a free breakfast each morning.. I didn't enjoy it. There wasn't much food to choose from. Worse thing was it was the same food everyday.

What I liked about the hotel was the free bus shuttle service.

I paid a lot of money to stay for 3 nights in a okay hotel. There was nothing special about this hotel. No luxury there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
CosmoHotelMongkok, General Manager at Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your comment. Hope you had an enjoyable stay with your family for the Christmas holiday. We’re glad to know that you were pleased with the spacious bathroom and the comfortable shower with high water pressure, as well as the cleanliness in the guestrooms. In fact the hotel provides bed extension for taller guests and also bed toppers which can also use on the sofa bed for different preference. We’re also happy to introduce the pillow menu featuring 11 choices of pillows from softer choices of feather and scented pillows to the firmer choices of buckwheat and they are all costless to guests booking Room CosMorganic or above. While the Olympic MTR station is only 4-min walk away from the hotel, it’s nice to learn that you’ve enjoyed our free shuttle service, it’s one of our favourite services because it brings our guests utmost convenience with running multiple destination in Mong Kok, Tsim Shai Tsui and West Kowloon. The breakfast buffet offers Western to Chinese options including fresh fruits, bakeries, cereal, etc., and your comments on the breakfast selection will be directed to the restaurant for their further improvement on the variety. While the hotel lobby and restaurant offers free WiFi services, guests can also enjoy free WiFi in guestrooms and other exclusive privileges including free 24-hour check-in/out services, best rate guarantee and more if they book on hotel website. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The staffs are very approachable and helpful.. they see to it that the guest schedules for the tour is fix and note is so helpful for the reminder of our schedule for the next day thank you cosmo hotel mongkok for a job well done " sa uulitin " =)

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 22, 2013

althought location is not so convenient, hotel provide shuttle service to mongkok, ferry terminal to Macau, airport express station.. during our stay, they specially arranged a plate of fruits and a bottle of red wine for my hubby's bday without any arrangement from us.. and all of the staffs provided good service and their friendliness creates a warmth environment!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Staffs are helpful and area is accessible to most area. The area has good food to explore and breakfast around the corner is not a problem. The hotel may consider to relook at the wireless coverage inside the room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K_Lim_Spore

Thank you for your comment. We’re glad that you appreciate the attentive service from our professional staff and the convenient location of the hotel. Indeed there’s an array of restaurants and eateries offering local and international delicacies surrounding the hotel, and the free shuttle services to multiple destinations brings our guests to lavish dining options and entertainment around the city. As for your comments on the wireless coverage in room, we hope you had the chance to convey that to our 24-hour on-duty Guest Services Manager. If time did not allow unfortunately, may we invite you to contact us at mktcom@cosmomongkok.com.hk and provide details of the issue. We will certainly investigate further and rectify as appropriate. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during my trip to Hongkong and had a very pleasant stay. Each one of the staff i came across were all very friendly and helpful. I would like to specifically appreciate the Concierge Mr King Li for the attention he gives to each of the guests at the hotel. I would surely like to visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't fault the place
Friendly staff
Rooms small, but i am sure they all are ln Hong Kong
Clean, new and good location
Asked for some coffee sachets , on day 1 , only two left in room , they sent up 8, within 2 mins
A 7/11 , mcdonalds and good local food eateries close by

1  Thank Martin F

Thank you for your comment. It’s our pleasure to learn that you like the attentive and caring services from our professional team, the cleanliness in the guestroom, also the convenient location of the hotel. There are actually five room types sizing up to 42 sq m in the hotel and all of them are smartly designed to maximize space for a relaxing stay. The surrounding neighborhood offers an array of restaurants and eateries featuring local and international delicacies and groceries just around the corner for guests to enjoy a hassle-free vacation. Thank you for choosing Cosmo Hotel Mongkok and we hope to welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in October 2012 and I found the location amazing. It was 15 min walk from Olympic station and there was a shuttle from the hotel that takes you to Mong Kok Station. I got the Suite Air room and it was very comfortable and quite large for HK standard. With the Suite Air room, we got free breakfast (which was excellent) and they also gave us 4 water bottles every day. Because Mong Kok is more residential area, there's lots of great food places to eat around the hotel.

The service is excellent and I would def go back.
What made this trip even more special was that I celebrated my bday in HK and to my surprise when I returned back to my room, the manager gave me a lovely bottle of wine and a birthday card. I've travelled to many places and stayed in many hotels, but I never felt as specials as I did when I stayed at this hotel.

I also celebrated my birthday in HK and

Room Tip: Suite Air - if you have more than 2 guests.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family