“GREAT HOTEL”

Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong
Ranked #76 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel was very very clean, affordable price and accessible to malls, groceries, banks,mrt stations and nearby stores. Never we have regret on staying here among other hotels. The staffs are very friendly, We love Kathy from the front desk as she is very accommodating and very polite to guests. She immediately assisted me and my family in whatever needs /queries we have. The concierge is also accommodating especially their head concierge (sorry forgot his name) He always assisted us on locations,routes and shuttle services we need. The hotels shuttle service is very convinient to all guests as this adds value to our stay. Its value for money. We stayed in a quad sharing room / family room. The housekeeping always make up our room upon arriving the room with 4 complimentary water as required and room is ready once more. No issues on billing/food is great and affordable and breakfast is also good.
We could have tried their restaurants upon looking on menu very affordable and comparable to the price outside. Was just busy doing the tour and did not had the time and chance to do so. All staffs are friendly and very accommodating regardless of full occupancy. I will definitely stay here again and will recommend this hotel. The hotel can be classified as 5 star quality product and customer service.

Sheila
GM(Regus/Philippines)

Room Tip: For families 4 pax (Quad / Family room required) Free Wifi, Breakfast and complete amenities Grea...
1  Thank Sheila M

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Cosmo Hotel Mongkok last May 2012. I came to know of this hotel via tripadvisor.com. It was our first trip abroad and in Hong Kong and I wanted everything to be perfect. I am really glad I chose this hotel, because at the end of the day, it is service that really counts. The moment we stepped out of the cab, the staff immediately came outside to help us carry our bags. Then upon check in, we were allowed early check in, which we really appreciated as we were really tired from our long travel plus I had a 1 year old baby with me. We booked 2 standard twin rooms and we were not disappointed. We were at the 9th floor and I really didn't encounter much noise as some reviewers have stated. The rooms were clean, the towels and free bottled water were replenished everyday, the A/C was really cold (meaning it worked perfectly) and the bathroom was clean though a bit shocking due to the frosted glass but water temp and shower worked perfectly fine. Last May, the shuttle had a fixed schedule every other hour, but now I see they have listened to customer's requests for more shuttle schedules. The shuttle is free of charge and gets you where you need to be. The concierge is really courteous, they assist you with directions, and if you take a cab they hail one for you and tell the driver where we are going. THe area around the hotel is safe, even at night! THere are groceries across, a mcdonald's and some chinese eateries too. If you walk towards Mongkok Street Markets, it's a bit far so better take the shuttle. We took a walk around the hotel and discovered the local businesses around and we had fun discovering the place. If you need to go to Disneyland, this is the hotel to be since it's just near the Olympic Mall where the Olympic MTR Station is. That's the MTR Line going Disney and Ngong Ping. So it's really convenient. We had no problems of discrimination or rudeness that's why I like this hotel. A tip would be to take the hotel shuttle if going to the airport on a super early flight back because the taxi we rode in going to the airport charged us more than HKD300! I really recommend this hotel because they know how to go the extra mile :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
CosmoHotelMongkok, General Manager at Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for your detailed review and traveling tips. It’s our great pleasure to learn that you chose to stay with us again and had a pleasurable trip with your family. We’re happy that you were satisfied with the well-appointed room with amenities all you need and massage shower with high water pressure in the modish décor bathroom, particularly the attentive service rendered by our Concierge team. Apart from the free shuttle service that takes our guests to the popular shopping and entertainment area, guests can tour around the city to Disneyland, Ngong Ping 306, and even Central efficiently with the nearest Olympic MTR station just 4-minute walk from the hotel. Please visit our hotel website for the latest promotion and privileges including free WiFi, free 24-hour check-in/out service, best rate guarantee and more exclusively for bookings made on website and plan your next trip with us. Once again, thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family very soon!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Recently stayed for thirteen nights in a superior room as wanted to explore hong kong as a destination in its own right rather than a stopover. Found the location to be great local olympic mtr was only two stops to hong kong central and only one stop to the fantastic elements kowloon shopping centre and airport express as well taxis readily available as well as hotel shuttle bus. The staff were extremely courteous, knowlegable and helpful. All the staff on front desk and concierge spoke fluent english. Recommend eating at the hotel - good thai food . Daily room service very good. Overall a very well run hotel in a good location.
u

Room Tip: Superior room slightly bigger than basic room particularly with large full length window. Stayed on...
Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2012

It is my first holiday trip in Hong Kong, and I am glad that I have chosen my stay at Cosmo Hotel Mongkok.

However, there are only two points that I would like to highlight and share which are as follows:-

- Query: Firstly, it is clearly stated that there will be free WIFI access available at my room but there is no free WIFI access at all during my stay. However, I reckon that the reason is that my room is situated highly on the level-26 and thus far away from the WIFI access points; as a result, I need to spent quite some time at the lobby every night to access my emails.

- Secondly, there are only two passenger lifts and there are many occasions where the lifts are so fully occupied that my family has to wait for several trips in order to be able to use the lift. However, I reckon that these instances occurs mostly in the morning during peak period where mostly everyone are leaving the hotel.

Nonetheless, other than the two points mentioned above, I would genuinely give the overall rating as 9/10.

All in all, I would hereby express my sincerest thanks to the staff of Cosmo Hotel Mongkok for the great customer service at the concierge and also the house-keeping services that has seriously enhance my pleasant holiday trip.

Needless to say, I will definitely look forward to stay with Cosmo Hotel Mongkok for my future holiday trips in Hong Kong.

As well, I would like to give special thanks to Suki Chan for letting me know the specific arrangements of the airport-to-hotel shuttle services, and also Karen Cheung for the valuable information prior to my visit to Hong Kong.

Thank you so much !

Regards,
Kevin

Room Tip: "Higher floors has a good view of the suburb areas"
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
CosmoHotelMongkok, General Manager at Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Kevin, thank you for choosing Cosmo Hotel Mongkok for your first time in Hong Kong. It’s our great pleasure to learn that you had a pleasant stay here and enjoyed the attentive services rendered from our concierge, housekeeping and reservations team, your kind compliments will be directed to them as it is always encouraging to hear from satisfied guest because the positive feedbacks strive us to further uplift our standard of services. I’m particularly happy to know that you give us a rating of 9 out of 10 and will choose Cosmo Hotel Mongkok for your future visits in Hong Kong.

In regards to your comment on the WiFi services, guests can approach our 24-hour guest services manager for immediate assistance and even change of room if any issues regarding the connection of internet since we would like to ensure a smooth surfing experience for all our guests. We very much appreciate your patience and understanding on the traffic of the lifts, we trust that it was due to the demand from the high occupancy at the hotel during your stay, in fact we have three elevators in full operation to serve the our guests even in peak season. We hope to welcoming you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Cosmo hotel was a great find for us. 3 minute walk from the Olympic MTR station, your first impression of the hotel with its beautiful lobby is good. You get a smiling welcome from the staff that is always there to help. We arrived for our honeymoon, and we were welcomed to our room with a fruit basket, a bottle of wine, and a heart made of towels on the bed. Even before we arrived the correspondence with the hotel was remarkable..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed for 1 night while on a business trip to Mainland China. I have stayed at and reviewed this hotel in the past but on this trip stayed in a Suite.

Pros

- As mentioned before, this hotel has a friendly, English speaking staff which is very helpful
- Location in Mongkok is convenient to several of the markets and close to public transportation

- The suite I stayed in was on the 22nd floor facing out toward the rest of the island. The view was spectacular at night, unblocked by any of the neighboring high rises
- Although on the smallish side for more than 2 people, it was convenient if you were planning an extended stay with a seating area and TV, dining area, and separate bedroom and bathroom
- Bathroom was large and modern
- Bedroom had a large picture window looking out on the city, flat screen TV, and comfy but small bed.

Cons

- As mentioned, the bed was a little small. I am over 6' so the bed was a little short but was still comfortable
- The tub didn't drain properly. It filled with water while taking a shower, but this is merely a maintenance issue, nothing major

This has been my go to hotel on most of my trips now to Hong Kong. I am there 5 or 6 times per year for business. It is a short walk from the Olympian Mall which has an MTR stop. You can take the Airport Express and 1 transfer to get there from HKG, about 25 minutes. The Mall has good shopping and dining options. I had booked a normal room but arrived after 11pm and got upgraded to a Suite because they were overbooked, a nice bonus. I would recommend this hotel for any type of visit, business or pleasure.

Room Tip: If possible, try to get a room with a West facing view of the city
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Robert, thank you very much for choosing Cosmo Hotel Mongkok and your continued support. It’s our great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our guestroom overlooking a spectacular city view with the spacious mosaic bathroom with massage shower and bathtub, the friendly and attentive services rendered by our professional team and the convenient location of the hotel surrounding a neighborhood that offers an array of restaurants and eateries featuring local and international cuisines. Apart from the MTR station, the hotel also provides shuttle services for bringing our guests to multiple destinations including Mong Kok, Tsim Sha Tsui, and West Kowloon. To your comment regarding bed size, there are actually king bed available for Room CosMorganic or above and guests only need to request upon reservations. Your noted in regards to the water tub is well taken and our housekeeping team will perform checking on the drainage more frequently to ensure guests a refreshing shower experience. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at Cosmo Hotel Mongkok on our last 3 days in Hong Kong with my husband and teen and toddler sons (with the 1st night spent in Disney Hollywood after Disney day tour and after arriving from the airport so we would maximize the time). I decided on this hotel after hearing all the good things from tripadvisor and believing I can live with the minor complaints.

Room Tip: everybody was correct, get a room not lower than the 20th floor, far from the lifts and choose the expressway view.

Reasons:
1. The view is heavenly, either day or night.
2. You won't be bothered with the comings ang goings in the lift.
3. The lifts filled up very fast going down so if you're in the middle floor chances are the lift is already full when it arrives at your floor.

We got the Superior Room. It is really quite small compared to rooms in the Holiday Inn Golden Mile and Royal Pacific (where we stayed before) but for a fraction of their prices, it's already value for money since it includes all the essentials (flat TV, bathroom rain shower, Ipod dock, ref).

In fact, what really made our day is that they went out of their way to give my husband a birthday card (I assumed they got the information from the passport details they needed for check-in) and complimentary food basket. That's personalized service that we were not expecting but loved to receive.

Free wi-fi access is only at the lobby (limited seating arrangement) and paid wi-fi access at the rooms.

The nearest MTR station is at the Olympic Station (just about 3 blocks away, walking distance). The nearest mall is the Olympian City and there's a McDonalds in front and a 7-11 and park and shop a stone throw's away.

Now the rooms for improvement.

We have to request for a change in pillows since the one they provided smelled musty and if we will bring up the ACU temperature, the room will start to smell old. I am not sure if this is because the room was too small so the air becomes more compressed, or it's just the room we have or the hotel has a problem in housekeeping.

All in all, since you will be out sightseeing anyway most of the time and if you can live with a slight old room smell, the hotel is a really good deal.

And the staff is really very helpful and goes out of the way to help (even if it means asking for a replacement adaptor at 3 in the morning because the one in the room is defective).

Will we go back? A definite yes but maybe try a bigger room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
CosmoHotelMongkok, General Manager at Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you for your detailed review. We believe you have enjoyed your stay with us and the birthday celebration with your husband, and glad to learn that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Hong Kong. In fact our hotel comprises of five room types and the Suite Air and Room Family Quad sizing up to 42 sq m can accommodate 3 and 4 guests respectively which is more spacious to provide a carefree environment for your family with children. It’s nice to know that you were happy with the exciting view of the hassle and bustle in this city, the great value of our well-equipped guestrooms, and also the convenient location of our hotel. In regards to your comment on the smell in pillows and guestrooms, we always remind our guests to keep the air-conditioning at certain temperature for better ventilation to ensure freshen air available in the guestrooms. That said though, a musty smell of our room is still a rare comment to us and we hope you had the chance to relate this to our Guest Services Manager on duty 24-hour for an immediate rectification of the issue. We’re happy to share that a pillow menu featuring 11-choice of pillows including the rose, lavender scented pillow, etc. is now available for guests’ selection. Please visit our website for the latest promotions and exclusive offers including free WiFi, free 24-hour check-in/out services for bookings via our hotel website and plan your next trip with us. We look forward to serving you and your family in the near future.