“A Gem Hotel”

Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong
Ranked #75 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“A Gem Hotel”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We booked 2 Family Rooms (1 is a wheelchair accessible room for my mum). We have a very comfortable stay at Cosmo Mongkok with the excellent hospitality from all levels of staff, good room amenities and location in a safe neighborhood. Breakfast is very a simple spread and free wifi in room if booked direct on hotel website.

There's a huge shopping mall Olympian City which is just a few minutes walk away (tip: cut through HSBC Building, also linked to Olympic Station- direct MTR to Disneyland Resort), good Tim Sum restaurant at Kowloon Plaza (tip: 2 mins walk after the Shell Petrol kiosk), McDonalds, Mannings, Watsons, pharmacies, clinics, small eateries (tip: just across the hotel). Taxis are readily available at doorstep (tip: use the new tunnel for crossing to HK Island to visit Ocean Park, best choice to avoid jam, need to pay a toll fee of HKD60, total cost about HKD170-180). Use the free hotel shuttle bus and get off at Langham Place to either walk to Ladies Street, Aquatic Fish & Pets Street or take the Mongkok MTR to go to TST for luxury shopping.

We will definitely stay at Cosmo Mongkok for our next visit. Special kudos to the great Concierge team for making our stay even more memorable. Good job!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank pinkbabi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (829)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed at Cosmo Hotel Mongkok,16th floor for 4 day/3 nights.
Reasonable price and Very Good location,
and hotel also provides free shuttle Bus to mtr.
Hotel rooms were very clean and new.
Housekeeping was good,room was always cleaned/ properly and up to par.
The receptionist men were polite and helpful
and the ''good-looking handsome" bell boys were so attentive, opening doors, helping with luggage and greeting everytime,
All staffs are very friendly and always give a hand whenever you show up.
Excellent service through out the hotel.
Have no hesitation in recommending this place to family and friends,
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would love to go back again.

1 Thank skyyeo1973
Leongatha
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed at Cosmo Mongkok for 5 nights, wish it could have been more! Excellent service through out the hotel. Have no hesitation in recommending this place to family and friends. Check out the indoor market across the road, a true cultural experience for us westerners and it not on any tourist maps.

1 Thank Mark B
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family were in Hongkong recently and stayed in Cosmo Hotel Mongkok for 6 days.
The experience there was simply SUPERB !!

The service was TIP TOP !!
They will always be there to greet you when u enter the lobby and get out of the lift. Free Shuttle bus was there to pick you to 3 shopping centers. Really convenient !

Cosmo Hotel Mongkok really leaves a deep impression in me and it gives myself and my family a memorable one !!

3 Cheers for them !!

3 Thank SatisfiedFamily77
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is my first time writing a review on trip adviser, well this hotel definitely deserved my recommendation. I booked the quad room online for a 6D5N stay at the hotel. There is an early bird discount of 25% plus free room wifi and daily buffet breakfast for my booking. Website is user-friendly and provided lots of details about the hotel.

Pre-stay:
Front desk reply to my email is very prompt, usually I will receive an response from the hotel within a day. I understand from trip adviser that the hotel provide complimentary red wine for birthday, thus I dropped an email to the hotel to enquire as it is my Dad's birthday. I asked them where to get a cake and to my surprise the hotel Manager, Mr Yannick replied saying that the hotel will provide a complimentary cake and wine. Yannick is actually very receptive and agree to my suggestion of a room service surprise for my Dad. Few days before the stay, the hotel sent me a weather update, to prepare for the trip. Thumbs up for pre-stay service.

Check-in:
We arrived at the hotel, and the bell boy was fast enough to assist us in unloading the luggages. Front desk Manager, Mr Eddy Lo assisted us with the check in. He provided us with the different brochures, map of the areas and the shuttle bus schedules. Remember to prepare 1000 HKD for deposit which is refundable at the end of the stay if no usage or consumption is made.

Room:
The Quad room was a bit small, bit of disappointed when we saw it even though we know that hotel room in Hong Kong is small. However the room is clean and the bed is comfortable. The toilet is filled with necessities and there is a box filled with toiletries and even sewing kit. We requested for a Ipod dock and a microwave, and these are in place in the room. A complimentary fruit platter is also given as a welcome gift. Good view from level 22 and it makes one feel at home. Cleaning service is good as well as we asked for cleaning everyday and the staff have done a good job. We didn't use the wifi service as there is a charge to it which we do not quite understand how it works. Nevertheless, we bought the 7 days unlimited data usage from 1010 at the airport for 100HKD which served good use!

Location:
There is a Mac just opposite the hotel, make getting food easy and it is cheap too! Even though the nearest station Olympic is of walking distance but we didnt walk to the station as it is cheaper to take a cab from the station or even take the shuttle bus. Roads in Hong Kong is a bit messy with lots of alleys, thus it is safer to take a cab to avoid getting lost.

Shuttle service:
Shuttle bus runs every one hour start from 8.30am to nearby place - Langham Place, Canton Road(China Ferry Terminal) and Kowloon station for airport express. Remember to queue for bus early as it gets packed quite fast especially in the morning.

Surprise:
My dad has an awesome surprise on his birthday. Eddy called me at 10 plus to confirm the timing, this awed me as I didn't expect that he will take the initiative as I thought that the Front Desk is waiting for my cue. They came on time and surprise not just my Dad but me as well. What I didn't expect is that, Eddy and 2 other of his colleagues came along with the cake and wine. I expected a room service with a trolley and left it outside the room. They took the extra effort to sing my Dad a birthday song and even take photo for us. This is what I called exceptionally service, my Dad loved it and the surprise is a success! Thumbs up to Eddy and his team.

Improvement Suggestions:
1) Shuttle Bus - Bigger bus to cater to larger crowd especially on busy morning or increase the frequency.
2) Lift - long waiting time, suggestions probably allow people to take stairs to walk down especially those having breakfast at level 2.
3) Room - there seems to be a smell lingering in the room at times, probably air refresher can be installed to make the room smell better.
4) Breakfast - this need serious improvement as we have the same breakfast everyday. There need to be varieties to make the stay even more pleasant.

Overall, my family have a pleasant stay at the hotel and we enjoyed it. Thumbs up for exceptionally good service of the Front Desk and we definitely will go back to Cosmo when we come back to Hong Kong and of course I will recommend Cosmo to my friends for a wonderful stay.

3 Thank Catherineyunz
CosmoHotelMongkok, General Manager at Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Catherine, thank you very much for spending your valuable time to write us a review, nice to learn that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and it’s our great pleasure to have your thumbs up for our warm hospitality, from the pre-arrival correspondence and weather forecast to your dad’s birthday surprise, also the cleanliness delivered by housekeeping to the shuttle that brings guests great convenience to tour around the city. Your kind compliments will be directed to Eddy, Yannick and their team. It’s always encouraging to hear from satisfied guests as the positive feedback strive us to uplift our standard of services continuously. Our Room Family Quad is one of the favourite room types as it is smartly designed and well equipped with the facilities and amenities that all you would need and it can cater up to four guests. While free WiFi comes with bookings made on our hotel official website, the service charge for Internet is to be charged by the service provider (not the hotel).
We treasure your feedback for further enhancement and they are all well taken. The daily complimentary shuttle service runs more round in the morning during the peak hour indeed and we’ll revisit the demand to offer guests’ convenience. There are actually 3 lifts in full operation to accommodate high demand even in peak season, guests can always approach our 24-hr guest service manager if any immediate assistance is required. I hope you also had the chance to relay the usual odor to our housekeeping so that immediate rectifications can be taken. Our breakfast on the 2/f offers both western and Chinese choices, fresh fruits and cereal, also made-to-order egg dishes to please guests’ appetite, your comment will be directed to the restaurant and they will review the menu options for further improvement.
Once again, thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family in near future.
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed September 24, 2012

stayed in Cosmo Mongkok Hotel for 3d/2n and i can definitely say that we did the right choice.

SERVICE:

We did the reservation through their website so we can get the free wi-fi and 24 hr check in/out. Communicating with them is very easy. The Reservation representative answered all our inquiries immediately through email and this for me is a plus since we are located in a different country and first timers in HK so this helped us to ease our worries. They also sent an email regarding the 4 day weather forecast during your stay.

We arrived in HK at 8am and went directly to the hotel. free shuttle bus is being offered so we get off the Kowloon station through Airport express and from there we were picked up by the shuttle bus. we didn't check in right away since we took advantage of the 24 hr check in/out promo. but they let us leave our stuff in the concierge free of charge so we can start touring without the problem of carrying our luggages around. they provided us with the city map and gave us some tips as well on how to get around. we came back at 5pm. check in was so easy, very fast and hassle free. the staff gave our room key and one of them personally brought our luggages to the room. they attended to all of our needs attentively.

VALUE

very worth it! we booked the hotel 3 weeks before our stay and everything went well. a week before our stay, i checked their website and found out that they dropped the rates from HKD 1800 to just HKD 1300. that's a huge drop and although we didn't know the reason why, it made us very happy because that's a big savings on our part..

SLEEP QUALITY

we had a very sound sleep when we were in this hotel. ac is good, it's already turned on when we came in and that's a plus point since we don't need to wait anymore for the room to get cooler specially when you came from outside which is very hot since it's still summer. my husband complained about the pillows though, he said they're very soft as if you don't have a pillow at all. but for me it's just ok. i slept right away. maybe because i'm really tired. no noise or whatsoever.. everything's very cam at night.

CLEANLINESS

Rooms are very clean. no foul smell as what other reviewers mentioned. Rest rooms are very clean as well. had a housekeeping on the 2nd day but none on the 3rd day. maybe because it's already our last day so they just let it as it is but still ok..

LOCATION

Location is ok, Can reach the Olympic station in 5-10 minutes and Mongkok station in 10-15 mins. McDonalds just across the street, Watson's on the other side and a couple of 7-11 around. there's also a mall nearby..

Free shuttle bus is very convenient but i would like to suggest if you add 2 or more so there will be more trips and customers don't need to wait an hour anymore for it.

ROOMS

rooms are superb. space is not a problem specially if your just going to use it for taking a rest after a whole day of touring around. love the window as it offers a very nice city view.

we might go back to HK next year and i would definitely chose this hotel again..

5 Thank kcblue1923
Thank you for your review. It’s great to know that you found your stay with us valuable and enjoyed the privileges including free WiFi and free 24-hour check-in/out service, as well as best rate guarantee through booking on our hotel official website. We hope that the services that we extend before guests departing to Hong Kong can help to ease the worries and offer a hassle-free vacation. It’s nice to know that you had a sound sleep in our clean and comfortable room, and we’re exciting to share with you that in 2months’ time, we’ll be introducing a pillow menu featuring 11-choice of pillows all costless to guests booking Room CosMorganic or Suite Air. Guests can select from the softer choices of feather and scented pillows to the firmer choices of buckwheat and stone pillows, we’re sure that your husband will find one that best suit his preference.
Great to know that you also enjoyed the convenient location and what is offered in our neighborhood. Our free shuttle service runs daily to multiple destinations including Mongkok, Tsim Sha Tsui and West Kowloon which brings our guests to all the hot spots around the city. It actually runs more rounds during peak hour in the morning to accommodate the high demand. Your comment is well taken and guests’ demand will be revisited to ensure their convenience. Hope to see you again very soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We recently stayed at the Cosmo Hotel, Kowloon and I highly recommend the hotel. It is very refreshing to enter the clean and quiet hotel after a day of sightseeing and shopping.The staff was very accomodating especially Tannniek.The staff is there to greet you when you enter the lobby and also get off the elevator. It is a boutique hotel with a lot of class. The lobby is impressive, and the rooms, although small are very elegant.The room layout was most efficent and very modern.
The location is very close to shopping at the MTR (transit system). The closest MTR is Olympic which is about 10 minutes by foot. The hotel provides free shuttle to 3 locations within Kwoloon.
There are many formal and informal resturants and stores within within walking distance.

1 Thank 00Travelingcouple