This is my first time writing a review on trip adviser, well this hotel definitely deserved my recommendation. I booked the quad room online for a 6D5N stay at the hotel. There is an early bird discount of 25% plus free room wifi and daily buffet breakfast for my booking. Website is user-friendly and provided lots of details about the hotel.
Front desk reply to my email is very prompt, usually I will receive an response from the hotel within a day. I understand from trip adviser that the hotel provide complimentary red wine for birthday, thus I dropped an email to the hotel to enquire as it is my Dad's birthday. I asked them where to get a cake and to my surprise the hotel Manager, Mr Yannick replied saying that the hotel will provide a complimentary cake and wine. Yannick is actually very receptive and agree to my suggestion of a room service surprise for my Dad. Few days before the stay, the hotel sent me a weather update, to prepare for the trip. Thumbs up for pre-stay service.
We arrived at the hotel, and the bell boy was fast enough to assist us in unloading the luggages. Front desk Manager, Mr Eddy Lo assisted us with the check in. He provided us with the different brochures, map of the areas and the shuttle bus schedules. Remember to prepare 1000 HKD for deposit which is refundable at the end of the stay if no usage or consumption is made.
The Quad room was a bit small, bit of disappointed when we saw it even though we know that hotel room in Hong Kong is small. However the room is clean and the bed is comfortable. The toilet is filled with necessities and there is a box filled with toiletries and even sewing kit. We requested for a Ipod dock and a microwave, and these are in place in the room. A complimentary fruit platter is also given as a welcome gift. Good view from level 22 and it makes one feel at home. Cleaning service is good as well as we asked for cleaning everyday and the staff have done a good job. We didn't use the wifi service as there is a charge to it which we do not quite understand how it works. Nevertheless, we bought the 7 days unlimited data usage from 1010 at the airport for 100HKD which served good use!
There is a Mac just opposite the hotel, make getting food easy and it is cheap too! Even though the nearest station Olympic is of walking distance but we didnt walk to the station as it is cheaper to take a cab from the station or even take the shuttle bus. Roads in Hong Kong is a bit messy with lots of alleys, thus it is safer to take a cab to avoid getting lost.
Shuttle bus runs every one hour start from 8.30am to nearby place - Langham Place, Canton Road(China Ferry Terminal) and Kowloon station for airport express. Remember to queue for bus early as it gets packed quite fast especially in the morning.
My dad has an awesome surprise on his birthday. Eddy called me at 10 plus to confirm the timing, this awed me as I didn't expect that he will take the initiative as I thought that the Front Desk is waiting for my cue. They came on time and surprise not just my Dad but me as well. What I didn't expect is that, Eddy and 2 other of his colleagues came along with the cake and wine. I expected a room service with a trolley and left it outside the room. They took the extra effort to sing my Dad a birthday song and even take photo for us. This is what I called exceptionally service, my Dad loved it and the surprise is a success! Thumbs up to Eddy and his team.
1) Shuttle Bus - Bigger bus to cater to larger crowd especially on busy morning or increase the frequency.
2) Lift - long waiting time, suggestions probably allow people to take stairs to walk down especially those having breakfast at level 2.
3) Room - there seems to be a smell lingering in the room at times, probably air refresher can be installed to make the room smell better.
4) Breakfast - this need serious improvement as we have the same breakfast everyday. There need to be varieties to make the stay even more pleasant.
Overall, my family have a pleasant stay at the hotel and we enjoyed it. Thumbs up for exceptionally good service of the Front Desk and we definitely will go back to Cosmo when we come back to Hong Kong and of course I will recommend Cosmo to my friends for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book this hotel online to enjoy free in-room 100Mbps WiFi and a 24-Hour Full Stay (for hotel official site booking only)! This Mongkok boutique hotel is 100% smoke-free, where Ladies Market and Temple Street night market are just within 10-15 minutes away for a local shopping experience. Free daily shuttle to Mongkok, Tsim Sha Tsui and West Kowloon is also available. The fitness studio is open 24 hours. Dorsett Mongkok is an EarthCheck bronze benchmarked hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong