“nice botique hotel”

Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong
Ranked #76 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed August 23, 2012

staying in this hotel was an experience for me since its my first time to stay in a botique hotel. the lobby was nice and clean with free wifi. when we got off the elevator i was surprsed since the door of the room was already there. its the first time ive seen a setup like this. then once i got inside the room it was really small, i remember the time when i was in an inside cabin in a cruise ship. there was not really a lot of room to move at, the bathroom was about 2 square meters in size. the room was clean and the view was nice.

the location was ok since there was a convenience store near and the olympic mtr station was just 10 mins walk from the hotel. the food establishments near were good and inexpensive. there was also a shuttle to take you to the mall and to tsim sha tsui area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank manilabiker
There are newer reviews for Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We recently stayed at the Cosmo Hotel and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and the quality of the rooms very good. The rooms are daily cleaned and the hotel is located in an exciting part of Hong Kong and close to all services and markets. They have a nice Thai restaurant in the hotel. We also found the rooms to be well air conditioned and quiet. Looking forward to going back soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank barnettsj
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have being at this hotel in July 2012 for 1 day and decided to book it on the return way after China trip. Unfortunately I was trapped in Shanghai because of Typhoon haikou: the aircompany cancelled the flights and the airport was closed. I informed thу travel agency through which I booked hotel, but because at first flight was only postponed for few hours and between Europe and HK are several hours of time difference, the travel agency received information from me around 4-5 p.m. They contacted hotel but hotel stuff refused to movethe booking to later dates and refused to return payment.
I think it is so unbelievable, that hotel management counts that typhoon is not the reason not to come to hotel !! They say I had to inform in advance about the reason of "not showing" and cancel the booking well in advance. But I can't realise how this is possible?? Who can predict typhoons, how I am supposed to know that if I am a foreigner, I do not speak Chinese, I can't read local newspapers. Moreover government didn't inform foreigners through hotel stuff or whoever. How I was supposed to predict typhoon and inform Mongkok Cosmo Hotel far in advance.
I think it is just rediculous. And Hotel management just want to keep the money, and don't think about their reputation, clients feedback and opinion. It is too bad to be so consious about money, and don't consider act of god events. I absolutely can't believe that 4 star hotel can so much disregard the customers.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Hoiku
CosmoHotelMongkok, General Manager at Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you for bringing to our attention your recent experience regarding the typhoon. According to our hotel policies, guests will not be charged for their cancellation and amendments because of their flight delay caused by typhoon if the cancellation or amendment is made in advance or even on day. Also, front office would check the flight details before guests’ arrival therefore we could be aware of any possible amendments caused by flight delay or cancellation. In cases like such, guest is also advised to contact hotel directly so that prompt arrangements can be made. Although this is not a standard procedure as all booking amendments or cancellations should be directed to hotel by travel agents yet for our guest’s best interest and conveniences, exception can always be made if situation allows. We do value our guests’ feedbacks the most and strive to offer a pleasurable stay for all our guests. We look forward to seeing you at Cosmo again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. Check in process was fast and had an early check in. Was provided with complimentary Wi-Fi. Given a room on the 18th floor- which was pretty nice. Don't be shocked by the size of the room, even though it was small, the space was cleverly set up,

Housekeeping was good- room was always cleaned/ properly and up to par. Concierge was really helpful and willing to help. The only downside was when I was trying to ask a staff from the front desk to show on the map or landmarks where the pick up point for the shuttle bus from Mongkok as we missed the bus & wanted to take it when coming back from MK - he got impatient with me and explained that even if tried to explain to me, I wouldn't know where cause it's too complicated. I was pretty taken aback by that.

Hotel provided free shuttle service to various places like Mongkok MTR/Langham Place, Kowloon AEL and China Macau Ferry Terminal which was very convenient and fast. Shuttle bus service always leaves on schedule- so a tip is to be there at least 10-15 min before the scheduled timing as at times there will already be a long queue.

I felt that the nearest Olympic MTR was a little far from the hotel (especially after a long day of shopping), at least a 10 min walk and a hassle if it rains or missed the shuttle bus. There's not much shopping around this area, but if you really explore, there are really awesome and alot of restaurants/cha chaan teng around the area! (Food is good around this area!) :) There's also convenience stores & Macdonalds just opposite the hotel!

Might consider another hotel, maybe nearer to Mongkok (if you're here for the shopping!)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank purseee
CosmoHotelMongkok, General Manager at Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Purseee, thank you very much for your review. We’re delighted to know that you enjoyed our cleanliness of the room and the attentive services rendered by our professional team. The hotel provides five categories of rooms sizing up to 42 sq m and all are smartly designed to utilize space for guests’ comfort. I apologize for your encounter with the particular staff at front desk, we’ll look into the issue and make sure all our team members are trained in line to carry out the best quality of service. Guests can also approach our concierge team for enquiries regarding shuttle services or the 24-hour on duty guest services manager if any immediate assistance required. Apart from the shuttle service and the Olympic MTR station in walking distance, other public transport including buses and mini vans are available just outside the hotel to bring our guests to explore around the city, our concierge team would be happy to suggest the appropriate routes for guests’ itinerary. We look forward to welcoming your return soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Modern, smart hotel with comfortable rooms in a exciting part of HK. The service was excellent with staff always wanting to help, providing advice on a local cheap eat or the best way to get anywhere. The rooms are compact but I've had a lot smaller in HK before. Highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DianeFromLondon
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I found this hotel through my internet search engine for my accommodation need of family of four in one room in this congested city. My daughter received a complimentary welcome gift- a cute Cosmo bear. Though the room is small with two twin single beds clamped close, and no chairs in the quad room, it's clean and sufficient for each adult/teeange kid to sleep in their own bed and be in the same room with their parents..., We got breakfast daily on the house! I was surprised by a complimentary bottle of wine and fruit tray on my birthday during my stay !! Food is abundant around the neighborhood with all kinds: from local mama-papa shops to international favors. Though surrounded by tall buildings, we were on one of the higher floors with a nice tall window and the view of the city was great... they included free hotel shuttle service, and the hotel staff were very courteous with excellent service

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank happytraveler293
CosmoHotelMongkok, General Manager at Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your review. I hope your daughter loves the Cosmo bear specially designed for children who stay in our Family Quad Room and you have enjoyed the wine and fruits that we arranged to celebrate your birthday. It’s our great pleasure to learn that you were impressed with the room overseeing the city skyline and sincere service rendered from our professional team. Apart from the local restaurants and eateries surrounding the hotel, groceries are in easy reach in the neighborhood which allows guests a hassle-free family trip. The hotel is located amid Mong Kok and Tai Kok Tsui with the nearest Olympic station within 4-min walking distance. The daily complimentary shuttle services to multiple destinations in Mong Kok, West Kowloon, Tsim Sha Tsui brings our guests to explore more exciting activities in town. Please visit our website for the latest promotions and exclusive privileges including best rate guaranteed, free WiFi, free 24-hour check-in/out services, etc. and plan your next vacation with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I'd go back to Cosmo Mongkok any time I go back to Hong Kong. It may take a bit of navigational skills at first to get there but just ask around and the people will direct you there, or you can even get the hotel staff to speak to the taxi driver if they are confused. A 5 minute walk to Olympic station, you're easily connected to the MTR (subway) and at a quite central location. Food is abundant here- you can try the local delights at the neighbourhood shops around the area or the ever familiar McDonalds across the street or restaurants at the huge mall by Olympic MTR station. There's a noticeable Watsons nearby too in case you need off the counter medicine or any personal care items.

The hotel room may be small but it is clean and sufficient. The sitting deck by the tall window is just awesome to sit by and watch people go by. The hotel staff are really friendly and helpful, always ensuring that you have a pleasant stay ahead.

With all their promotions, it's a great place to stay and it's definitely worth your money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends