Golden Crown Guesthouse
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$193
$149
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$237
$533
$380
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Metropark Hotel Kowloon(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$113
$78
Trip.com
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
$265
$214
Hotel ICON Official Website
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$294
$242
Agoda.com
$172
  • Pool
All reviewsdiscounted ticketsguest houseocean parkquadruple roomwater dispenserhot and cold showerattraction ticketsngong pingcouple roomnathan roadmtr stationtsim sha tsuiquad roomchange towelsmacau ferrybus stopbody soap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2010

we stayed at Golden Crown for 4 nights and we were really satisfied. Although the room was small but it was ok for us, since we spent most of our time outside and just go back there to sleep or rest. The price is very good for its location. A lot of shops everywhere and no problem to find restaurants or fastfood since its everywhere. What we love about Golden Crown: security (we're not afraid to leave our laptops), rooms were cleaned everyday and new sheets and towels were provided. The Lift was not overcrowded, so it was easy for us to get back to our room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sweet_kristine
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We stayed 4 nights in Golden Grown Guesthouse which was located at 66 Nathan Road. We booked 2 Luxury Couple & 2 Luxury Quadruple. The rooms were small but acceptable due to HK room standards. We requested all rooms to be at same level and the management had arranged that for us which was excellent!

The rooms were cleaned everyday with linens & towels changed daily. Hot & drinking water can be available from the common area outside our rooms. They have provide the rooms with vacuum flasks, cups & slippers for our convenience.

Overall, all of us were satisfied with this hostel as it was budget priced & in the most strategic location. As we were muslims, we have no problems finding halal food around this area as its just few minutes away from the Kowloon mosques and promoters promoting halal food can easily be seen as you walk down the streets.

I will definitely comeback to this hostel & recommend to those travelling on budget!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank sing_zana
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I stayed on this hostel last May 2009 with my mom & gf for 4nyts and I would say it's a perfect accommodation for those who are on tight budget, considering we're only tourists & the city has a high cost of living. When I always go to HK, typically once a year, I usually stay at a hostel because 2-star 3-star 4-star hotels are way to expensive in the city and mainly because of practicality considering you'd only use your room when you sleep at night & you're always outdoors during daytime.

Anyways, Golden Crown Guesthouse is strategically located at the heart of Tsim Tsa Tsui along the famous Nathan Road right across the Islamic Mosque & Haiphong Road. It's a very convenient place considering very near an MTR station & just minutes walk away from Victoria Harbor, Harbour City Mall, & many fast food chains, restaurants, and convenience stores. I would say the price per night's accommodation is competitive considering it's location is way too safe than hostels located on Chunking Mansions w/c is just a few blocks away from the bldg.

The rooms are a bit small, but it's equipped with hot & cold bath, A/C unit, a TV unit, telephone & unlimited WIFI connection just in case you have your laptops with you, just ask for the pass code when you pay your bill upon checking in. :)

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2010

My family enjoyed our stay in Goldencrown because it's cheap and has a very good location. Our room is very clean and it's very good value for money. They clean the room every day and give us fresh towels. When it comes to location, I say the place is perfect! Very accessible to bus, there a mtr station beside the buidling and 5 minut walk to star ferry. There's also a mall a block away and 7/11 all over. There's also a restaurant beside the building that serves good food, Tsui Wah Restaurant. I've been to hong kong many times and stayed in hotels and guest houses and so far this is the best place to stay if your on a budget or saving money for shopping. Highly recommended place in hong kong!!! Go Goldencrown...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Carlo P
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I traveled to Hong Kong last year with a friend and really enjoyed the experience. This year, I decided to take my parents and my aunt there as they had never been to Hong Kong. The previous place I was staying was already fully booked and I decided to look for somewhere along Nathan Road in Hong Kong as I knew it was convenient for us to travel everywhere.

I came across Golden Crown Guesthouse website and was rather impressed by the facilities and the pictures that were on the website. I decided to book a single room for myself and aunt while my parents shared a room. Despite the website showed that a standard single room was HKD 280 and a standard double room is HKD 300, they charged us HKD 330 for standard single room and HKD 350 for standard double room. The pricing was fine with us as we knew during peak season most guesthouses would charge extra.

What we didn't expect was to find dingy small rooms waiting for us. A room so small you can barely walk or put your stuff... Our rooms were 1/4 of the size of the rooms they showed on their website. Apart from that, they never bother cleaning the room except giving us clean towels everyday. Most people would say, what do you expect for that price you pay? Well, I can tell you this much. Last year in the other guesthouse, we paid less that what we paid today and every single day they would clean our rooms, change the bedsheets, clean the toilet and sometimes the girl who works there would also do our laundry and we didn't even ask her!

They say there is internet in each room? Yes, there is wi-fi available but 90% of the time you would not be able to connect to the wi fi and therefore it is useless. They'll give you the password however it connects for a while and later it would be disconnected and when you try to reconnect it would not work.

Overall I would say our stay in this guesthouse is horrible and I would seriously not recommend anyone to stay in this guesthouse. Find a better place. It's just not worth it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family