“Well worth a visit!” 5 of 5 bubbles

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I visited the Tsim tsa tsui location. I must say the previous reviewers were right. Very hard to find initially, I eventually found the woman manning the closed store front. She walked me across the street and in 5 minutes I was inside. For future visits, take the D1 exit from the MTR and you are steps away.

Being from Manhattan, I did not find the receptionist surly, in fact fairly helpful instead. I chose the 277HKD head and foot massage. 75 minutes. You are given a locker for your things, and I did not find the shoes ratty. Bathrooms were spotless. You spend about 15 minutes in a massage chair and water bath. They wash your feet and then you head in for your massage. I must say the room is so much fun. Probably about 20 chairs full reclined and the most comfortable I have EVER experienced. I asked for a woman and she was amazing. Constantly checking if pressure is ok. The head massage was really different with a rolling technique I had never experienced on the neck. they put a warm neck compress on to keep the muscles relaxed during the foot massage. she massaged from heel to knee, with just the right pressure. She even climbed on top of me at the end for full body pressure. They gave you some nice tea to conclude.

Great price, kitschy decor, totally worth it!

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Hong Kong
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is based on various sessions of foot massage I had at the place.

The Good: halfway the foot massage I always fall asleep! the decoration and it's background ambient music/sounds really help to relax.

The Bad: it's pricey, 200HK$ for 50 min. foot massage.

The Ugly: the foot massage starts with a 15-20 minutes foot soaking in an electric foot-spa-chair

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Xueyan D
gold coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best Massage place in Kowloon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

The best massage place in Kowloon! After researching on Trip advisor i decided to try out tai pan reflexology & massage spa.
It was truly amazing. After a warm welcome from reception staff they were able to fit us straight in. starting with a relaxing foot bath. We were then taken to a relaxing dimly lit room, where we enjoyed a 30minute scalp massage & 1hr body massage. It was one of the best. It was a great end to the trip

I would highly recommend it!!

Visited October 2012
10 Thank ski_bunny189
Durban, South Africa
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“ESCAPE FOR A FEW HOURS IN KOWLOON”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Situate on the West side of Nathan Street, Kowloon (No 83) this little gem of a place really lived up to the expectations created by it being one of the few spas in Kowloon that has a ground floor entrance and totally relaxed Spa feel and decor.

This means that you can thankfully avoid traveling up in an over-crowded for a generally forgetful massage experience in some dingy half-baked apartment.

The massage ’menu’ is extensive ranging from the basic 25 minute foot massage for Hk$99 to various combos ranging from around Hk$218 to Hk$588.

We went with the 75 min foot massage and head massage for Hk$ 277 and insisted on female masseurs after reading a few bad reports of male masseurs on Trip Advisor.

After placing our shoes and belongings in lockers, our feet were washed while we sat in massage chairs and after 10 minutes of this we were lead into the main treatment area. The decor and ambiance was first class and the beds extremely comfortable.

The ladies were awesome and really knew their jobs. They used the perfect pressure but still always enquired whether we were ok. Time-wise they went at least 10 minutes over the agreed 75 so there was no feeling of being ripped off. In fact we slept a bit after the treatment so all in all we spent about 100 minutes in the establishment.

Compared to most of the other Kowloon “Spas” this one is definitely worth a visit.

Visited November 2012
6 Thank Alexmac24
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“After being loyal for 2 years, they became greedy1”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have been going to Taipan on Nathan Road for 2 years, put up with the rude reception staff and very changing masseurs because it is convenient and I didn't want to start looking around for something else.
Then one Sunday I was told that I had to book 1.5 sessions to make it worth the masseur's time, that they had so far accommodated me because I was a regular, but this has been a rule for a long time. However, it is written nowhere, and even my masseurs said he had never heard this before.
Better they screw the Mainlanders and the Japanese who go there - I am certainly not going back!

Visited August 2012