“neat room, very nice location!”

Majestic Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hong Kong
Majestic Guest House
Ranked #52 of 263 Hong Kong B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here last March. The location was very strategic as it is just across Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station. The biggest room that they have was neat (with free wifi) and it was comfortable especially if you'll go to HK just backpacking. The owner (Mr. Thomas) was very accommodating and nice and they will always make the rooms when you're out exploring the city. I'm planning to go back to HK next year for another quick vacation and I will definitely stay again in this guest house. Highly recommendable for those who wants a quick vacation to HK.

4  Thank kuyaotep

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a very clean, well kept place to stay. There is someone here all day, every day, so you don't have to worry about security. Small details (hair dryer, toothpaste, toothbrush, shower gel, shampoo, use of communal fridge) are all supplied. Rooms are cleaned every day. Rooms have very reliable hot water (very important; and done via individual room water heaters), TV and AC. But they are small. Really small. If you are only looking to use your room as a base, this place is EXCELLENT. Situated in very short walking distance from both the Peninsula and Star Ferry Pier in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, this place is right on the money on Kowloon side. If you like spending time in your accommodation, choose somewhere else. We were perfectly happy, because we wanted to spend most of our time exploring Hong Kong. It's a matter of personal style. HK is such an amazing place, frankly, the last thing we wanted to do was spend time in our room!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LondonTravelbird
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My room was little small even if it was room with a single double bed. But I was prepared for it. Room was very clean, cleaned every day, no need to bring soap, shampoo, toothbrush, everything was there even AC adaptator. The owners are nice people. Location is perfect, everything you need is around. Even if this guest house is a little bit more expensive, no problem waiting for the lift like in Chunking Mansion, everytime I took it it was almost empty! I will surely come back there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Qidamin
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Of course if you happen to be in Hong Kong, you'd know that guest houses would be quite small along with the bath. I didn't expect much from Majestic but it was great staying here. Though our rooms were kind of small, it's clean and are being cleaned when we return from our tour. Water is and microwave is also available and wifi connection is great.

Also, the location is along Haiphong road so just across the building is the MTR. It's also near everything - from restaurants, shops, Star Avenue, ferry stations, and more.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank karixie
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had a nice stay here. Right beside the metro, 15 minute walk to star ferry. On a main road, but high up and facing away from the street so it was quiet at night. The rooms were very clean, but tiny tiny tiny. I guess thats to be expected in Hong Kong though.

2  Thank aligen2000
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed at this guest house for 5 days and it was a really good experience. For its price, ( around 200HK$ per head per night) the place was really near everything, MTR, supermarket, shops, Nathan road and near everything. The owner, Mr Thomas was very accomodating, even giving us info where to buy discounted Ocean Park tickets. The rooms were small but each has its own bathroom, had amenities like free soap, shampoo, toothbrush, hair dryer, tv, free wifi, hot water, drinking water, water kettle, as if you are staying in a real hotel. You can even use their microwave or ref. There was no bath tub of course but they have a basin in every room where you can soak your tired feet when you get home. There were no scary characters outside the building like chungking mansions and was located very near cheap restaurants ideal for travellers on a tight budget. The place was also very clean and not one cockroach in sight. Surely, all of us will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose room B for double room and room E for triple room.
3  Thank kengkeng1963
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I don't know how good is this GH, but I was not at all satisfied with the communication. I wrote to the manager, Thomas, who replied he had a room for my dates, in the Seagate GH, same management. I confirmed my booking by mail (as he suggested) and then - silence. The timing was very precious, everybody knows how quickly go the cheap rooms in HK by this time. I tried to call, but once he told me he would reply tomorrow (?!) and the next day - hung up the phone and never answered again. 2 hours later I get a mail : sorry, our rooms are fully booked. Do you call it good management? Me, no!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple