New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Friendly, Nice business hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel

Ranked #48 of 699 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Friendly, Nice business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is specific for business people.
Very, very friendly staff (almost too friendly for me).
Enjoyed my stay and will definitely come back.

Ps: Wifi is not free (does this still exist in 2014?? - I stay monthly on hotels but this is the first one in 3 - 4 years where wifi is charged (@12€ per Day)).

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Very fast and efficient pickup from airport. Quick friendly check-in.

Rooms are large, well appointed and quiet. They upgraded me to a suite which was terrific. Wish I was staying a couple of nights. Right next door to Asia World expo site. You can walk over road and take airport express to city if you need to. Regular shuttle service to airport.

Have stayed at Novotel in Tung Chung which is very nice hotel and right in the mall if you are into shopping, and also the Regal right attached to terminal which generally feels old and check in out is a nightmare. For the extra money I would go for the Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask to be near elevators, some of the rooms are a real hike if you have bags
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark R
Peter S, Resident Manager at Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear valued guest,

I like to thank you for posting a review, sharing your experiences during your recent visit to the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel.

It is with much pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and in particular, finding us as a preferred hotel in the area. Looking much forward to hopefully welcoming you back again and sending you very best regards.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

For an airport hotel, the Sky City Marriott at the Hong Kong airport makes a quick overnight stay an enjoyable experience. After picking me up in a black limo & meeting me at the door to walk me to my room, the hotel staff pampered me from start to finish. I'm only Elite Gold, but felt the hotel would have treated me well regardless of elite status. Bravo for great service & a relaxing stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

I'm thrilled to read your review. Thank you very much for taking time and trouble to share the good experience you had during your last stay.

I have noted that you recommend the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel for good location, as well as the service levels.

I appreciate your loyalty and thank you for staying at the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel when in Hong Kong.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great place for a flying visit to HK. I contacted the concierge before arrival to arrange the best seat in the house at my favourite restaurant at the top of Victoria Peak and transport in time for the 8pm city light show. It worked went like clockwork. The room was amazing and staff very helpful. I had a great night and continued on my journey the following morning thinking I would definitely do this again!

Room Tip: Get a room with a cityscape view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
      Location
1 Thank Groggwire
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and it is with much pleasure to read that we have made your stop-over both enjoyable and relaxing. We would love to welcome you back soon again to the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This hotel is awesome! I checked in really quickly, no lines and the lady gave me a slightly extended check out time which was welcome.

I had stayed here before and loved it hence I was coming back to relive a few memories. The room was really nice, big bed and sitting area and the bathroom was modern and clean. It had Thann toiletries which are a great brand but I will say the air conditioning could not cope with the heat and humidity. The room felt damp - and the corridors were better air conditioned than the room. That was a bit disappointing to be honest as I was hot and sticky all the time.

I went down to the bar and this is where I thought the service was below par and why I have not given the hotel a 5 rating. I understand that afternoon tea is important but to sit in the bar and be ignored for 15 mins, despite standing up and waving is unacceptable. The lady that served me was miserable and I was obviously bothering her from her afternoon tea job. I got thrown some nuts but was not encouraged to stay at all - I was never asked if I wanted another drink and got my bill before I had actually got my drink. All in all very disappointing as last time the bar was a great area.

The restaurant does a set menu for hotel guests - it hasn't changed in 2 years but it was great all the same and the view was awesome. A far better experience than the bar! IN fact when I had finished I decided not to have a post-dinner drink after my last experience and headed to bed.
The bus to Citygate shopping mall and the the cable car was easy and on time. Although on the way back it was full of folks coming to the buffet - when I got on the bus only had 1 seat left on it. As a hotel guest, I would have been a bit miffed to have been turned away as I had timed my departure to the minute with my flight departure time. Another system is in order I think!

Anyway apart from that - a great night stay - last time I was definite I would be back, this time I am a maybe! Sort you bar staff and bus protocols out!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
1 Thank aks120LasVegas
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for coming back to the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott and taking the time to share your experience. I do agree with you with the fluctuating weather in Hong Kong, we need to be more attentive on the Air-Conditioning system; but I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed the size of the room and its amenities.

And I appreciate your comment regarding the restaurant menu, as well as the shuttle bus service; I will definitely look into those issues for improvement.

I hope we will have another opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband and I brought our two nieces and nephew to HK to visit Disneyland. Looking for a good hotel with good amenities initially was a struggle. Most of the hotels in HK are not spacious enough they always suggested to get 2 connecting rooms to accommodate our number. Luckily we chanced up on this through our research and we were lucky enough to get one room and just pay for an extra bed for our nephew. Such a saving for us! It's proximity to the airport and shopping mall was a plus specially they have a shuttle to take you to those places. Shuttle going to Disneyland is also free that saves us the hassle of taking a cab and spend extra bill for the fare.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank maple_SMUFFS
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

... But otherwise, incredibly expensive! We stayed for one night (and most of the next day) on a stopover from US to India and found this hotel to be very comfortable :
- A shuttle bus picks you from the airport (and drops you off; that means no taxi charges for your 1 day stay!). There is a bus to the airport every 20 minutes
- We paid for and got a double bed room with Club Access. The Club was open until midnight every night , which was nice since we needed a late night snack after arriving (nothing fancy though - just cookies, drinks and some whole fruit)
- A HUGE Breakfast buffet was also included (upto 2 Adults and 2 Children) in the Club Room rate. Hong Kong restaurants are not exactly the most vegetarian - friendly. However, in this case, the buffet had everything from a large selection of bread and pastries, cut fruit of all kind, several juices (including my favorite, watermelon), waffles, made to order omelletes, cereal, muesli, yogurt, noodles, salad bar, turnip cake and a whole host of other items. Loved it!
- The hotel also runs a free shuttle, every 30 minutes, to Tung Chung, which houses the local outlet mall. We checked it out and while not very different from other malls, saw a lot of "SALE" signs, which is usually a good portended for Bargain Hunters.

Our room, with two double beds was very comfortable and the bathroom was large sized, with a bath tub and a vanity mirror. The kids (and we!) especially, enjoyed the view of the Sea from the full sized windows, with the sun reflecting off the water and surrounded by mountains. ...Though, the construction activity in the water maybe a turnoff for some, our kids loved watching the sand loaded barges come up for their deliveries. The room also had a comfortable work desk with charging points (and a thoughtful plug converter, which came in quite useful - thanks Marriott!)

The hotel is truly 5 star but inspite of all it offers, I still prefer the Langham Place (in Mongkok) for longer stays, given that it's in the heart of the city and is also actually a better value, with the taxi fare spread over multiple days. The Marriott is a great one-nighter though!

Stayed August 2014