“Great airport hotel”

Ranked #49 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Perth, Australia
“Great airport hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here for a day en route home from the US. A quick and easy free shuttle from the uber efficient HK airport gets you in the hotel lobby within minutes. Check in and hotel service in general were to the best Asian standard. Ie really good. The rooms are spacious, clean, modern with a great bathroom. Lovely pool too. Food is pricey, but good quality. We had a club room that gave access to the 15th floor Exec Lounge that also had free food and a great view of planes landing. No issue with noise.
We also grabbed the shuttle to the close-by MTR station that had us in Nathan Rd in 30 minutes. Easy peasy.
A definite revisit for those not needing a city stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Let me start by saying that this is one of the best Marriott Hotels in the world. I stayed here recently for an event that lasted 8 days in the Asiaworld Expo and had not much choice but to stay here. The service standards is just superb but it is not centrally located. There is a shuttle bus that links the hotel and HKIA's terminal 2 in just a few minutes. There was once where I took a cab from the hotel to the airport to get some snacks and was ticked off by one of the cab drivers in mandarin as they have been waiting there for a few hours. Just to know that they are earning around 30HKD from my cab fare. The rooms are in great standards! But some rooms are just a little too far away from the lobby. The reception standards are great too! On the day of departure, I decided to visit Tsim Sha Tsui for a few hours and asked the bell boy for the fastest way of transport to Tsim Sha Tsui, Firstly he told me that the fastest transport would be the taxi, but it was not cheap. Secondly it was by the Airport Express to Kowloon. Thirdly it was by the shuttle bus to Tung Chung and take the MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui. I took the second option and found the airport express in good condition and travelling at a high speed, costing 100HKD for a two way transport on the same day. The breakfast buffet has a large selection of local oriental meals and full of international selections but it wasn't cheap. Overall the hotel is great and in good condition!

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room on the higher floors with sea view!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
California,USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed only one night at this hotel. Room was clean and in decent condition. Bathroom was large enough we very basic toiletries. WiFi worked well but you need to pay it if you are not member of the Marriott club.
Service and shuttle were OK and friendly.
Overall, a decent hotel if you need a room close to the airport.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Wilson H, Manager at Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel and taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is important to us as it helps us to enhance both our product and service standard. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Despite being at the airport, this hotel is of great value. Fact that express train station is next to hotel, this hotel can also be used as base for HK city travel. I use it for business travel as it is much cheaper than similar city hotels and commuting by train/taxi is easy and cheap. it has great breakfast, MArriott Style as always and Gym at the hotel is outstanding. Recommend it for stopovers on catching next flight, for business trips or even HK area exploring. Rooms are very comformtable and quiet with all needed amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kai68
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We booked a night's stay between flights but only used the facilities for about 6 hours before our 9pm flight. Check in was quick and efficient. The beds were very comfortable and the room was large for HK. The room had all the facilities we needed. Well worth paying the extra to do this. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RosinaK
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here last year and so looked forward to a second experience. Not disappointed. Friendly efficient check in and nice room. Executive lounge is good, with all you need, only con is the flights leaving HK during the nights so bring earplugs! Perfect place for overnight in HK. We ate in the Velocity Grill and enjoyed their food. Breakfast in the restaurant was great.

Room Tip: Find one where the airport noise is quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Last year when I was transiting in Hong Kong and I did not want to go all the way into the city, I spent a night at the Regal Hotel which was attached to Hong Kong Airport, and I found it to be satisfactory, but it's location can not be beat ! On this trip I decided to try out the Marriott Sky City which is also located on HKG Airport property but I don't know who gave this hotel 5 stars? At best I would compare this Marriott Hotel to a Motel 6, I even get better service at a Best Western. Regardless I made my reservation on the Marriott Hotels website. I requested a King Size bed on a No Smoking floor and I confirmed my reservation with my Amex card because I knew I would be checking in late, about 7 pm and departing early the following morning at 6:30 am do to an early flight. At 7 pm there was no Shuttle Bus running to the Hotel which was a huge drag, in fact the hotel is the only one in Hong Kong Airport that does not have a representative in the airport. I had to take a taxi to the hotel. Upon arrival the front desk person took a copy of my Military ID because I asked for a discounted room rate, I paid $180 for the night, which happened to be the same rate I could have got a the Regal without any discount. The front desk person told me that the No Smoking was not guarenteed and they only had a No Smoking room that was a disabled room. I told the agent that I wanted to take a hot bath and I did not want to be in a Smoking room due to my asthma. The agent was arguementative, so I asked to speak with a manager. I was told the manager was at some other desk, and I could walk over and speak to the manager. I told the agent if I was going to do any more walking it was going to be out the hotel back into a taxi and go over the the Regal. Of course upon speaking to the manager, apparently because I was checking out early they could give me the room I asked for " as a one time courtesy " . I could not believe all this crap they gave me upon check in. I will never stay at this hotel again and now I understand why the Regal is so much of a better option when transiting in Hong Kong. On a side note, when I checked out they did provide me a private van to take me back to the terminal.

Room Tip: GO TO ANOTHER HOTEL !! Try the Regal Hotel at Hong Kong Airport !!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business