“great value”

Ranked #46 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Espoo, Finland
“great value”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Despite being at the airport, this hotel is of great value. Fact that express train station is next to hotel, this hotel can also be used as base for HK city travel. I use it for business travel as it is much cheaper than similar city hotels and commuting by train/taxi is easy and cheap. it has great breakfast, MArriott Style as always and Gym at the hotel is outstanding. Recommend it for stopovers on catching next flight, for business trips or even HK area exploring. Rooms are very comformtable and quiet with all needed amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kai68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
England
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We booked a night's stay between flights but only used the facilities for about 6 hours before our 9pm flight. Check in was quick and efficient. The beds were very comfortable and the room was large for HK. The room had all the facilities we needed. Well worth paying the extra to do this. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RosinaK
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here last year and so looked forward to a second experience. Not disappointed. Friendly efficient check in and nice room. Executive lounge is good, with all you need, only con is the flights leaving HK during the nights so bring earplugs! Perfect place for overnight in HK. We ate in the Velocity Grill and enjoyed their food. Breakfast in the restaurant was great.

Room Tip: Find one where the airport noise is quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Last year when I was transiting in Hong Kong and I did not want to go all the way into the city, I spent a night at the Regal Hotel which was attached to Hong Kong Airport, and I found it to be satisfactory, but it's location can not be beat ! On this trip I decided to try out the Marriott Sky City which is also located on HKG Airport property but I don't know who gave this hotel 5 stars? At best I would compare this Marriott Hotel to a Motel 6, I even get better service at a Best Western. Regardless I made my reservation on the Marriott Hotels website. I requested a King Size bed on a No Smoking floor and I confirmed my reservation with my Amex card because I knew I would be checking in late, about 7 pm and departing early the following morning at 6:30 am do to an early flight. At 7 pm there was no Shuttle Bus running to the Hotel which was a huge drag, in fact the hotel is the only one in Hong Kong Airport that does not have a representative in the airport. I had to take a taxi to the hotel. Upon arrival the front desk person took a copy of my Military ID because I asked for a discounted room rate, I paid $180 for the night, which happened to be the same rate I could have got a the Regal without any discount. The front desk person told me that the No Smoking was not guarenteed and they only had a No Smoking room that was a disabled room. I told the agent that I wanted to take a hot bath and I did not want to be in a Smoking room due to my asthma. The agent was arguementative, so I asked to speak with a manager. I was told the manager was at some other desk, and I could walk over and speak to the manager. I told the agent if I was going to do any more walking it was going to be out the hotel back into a taxi and go over the the Regal. Of course upon speaking to the manager, apparently because I was checking out early they could give me the room I asked for " as a one time courtesy " . I could not believe all this crap they gave me upon check in. I will never stay at this hotel again and now I understand why the Regal is so much of a better option when transiting in Hong Kong. On a side note, when I checked out they did provide me a private van to take me back to the terminal.

Room Tip: GO TO ANOTHER HOTEL !! Try the Regal Hotel at Hong Kong Airport !!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank NiceGringo
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is a fantastic hotel. I arrived on my birthday from a horrible 13 hour international flight. From the moment I walked into the hotel, I felt relaxed. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The lady at the desk actually noticed it was my birthday. She gave me some recommendations on how to make the evening better then the flight. When I got up to my room, not only did I have a fabulous view, it was so peaceful. (This is saying a lot, since this hotel is very close to an International Airport). The breakfast buffet was fabulous. I didn't have to eat all day. The concierge was very helpful in cementing my plans to visit Macau. Thanks to him I had a easy stress free time getting there. Yes, the hotel is on the expensive side, but it is so worth it. Did I mention it is very close to the train to get into the city? Everything is fabulous.

Room Tip: Every room seems to have a good to awesome view. The higher up the better.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LorenG
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently started staying at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of getting to the hotel and the hotel's excellent rooms and facilities. Up until I started staying here I had chosen to either take the Express and stay in Hong Kong or stay at a competitors hotel right at the terminal. I decided to try the Marriott SkyCity and found the shuttle to the property was fast and convenient and that the property rooms were very quiet, clean and well appointed. The hotel also has very good and convenient dining choices. It is also located in an area where you can safely take a long walk in what is almost a rural area just outside the airport or take a good long run as I did. The staff is very professional and the service on checking and checkout is excellent. I plan to stay here many more times when I have to transit Hong Kong or fly in from international locations to visit Shenzhen when it's too late or inconvenient to immediately make the trip into China.

Room Tip: The property is away from any traffic and located in a quiet area off the airport. I would recommend...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bizaviator
Tustin, California
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Hong Kong is a very busy city. When you're in the heart of it, your physically and mentally on your toes. So much to see and do. When you want to take a step back from it all, you can enjoy a few days at SkyCity Marriott. First, this location is good and bad. The bad part is not all that bad if you want to escape a little bit from the greatness of Hong Kong. SkyCity Marriott is located on Lantau island, so its a train distance away from the main areas. But this does have the good side of things. This is great location for Disneyland and to see the Big Buddha. Also, since its so close to the airport, it's great for the night before an early flight. Maximize your rest before a long flight back. The closest city is Tung Chung which has the cable cars to the Big Buddha and an Outlets Shopping mall. See my review on the CityGate Outlets.

Back to the Hotel. Great Reception area and customer service. All the staff was quite proficient with English, which is a big help for tourists. There is a free shuttle every couple minutes to Tung Chung and the airport. They also provide a free shuttle to and from Disneyland. Beware though, this is just a one-time scheduled shuttle in the morning and afternoon. Ask the receptionist on checkin for the Bus schedule to Tung Chung

The rooms are very nice. More Western style and comfortable. Beds were nice and the room size is great. More of a modern feel. Each room has a decent view. Food in the hotel is decent. They do serve chinese and western menu's. They have 3 restaurants to choose from.

I'd say this is a good hotel if you spend a few days away from the main parts of the city. This hotel is not ideal if you want to be in the center of everything.

This is just my personal scale so you know where I'm coming from.

1 - Never Again, Avoid at all costs
2 - Poor experience. Look for alternatives
3 - Decent. Has pros and cons.
4 - Good. Would Recommend.
5 - Incredible - Makes me want to come back and do it again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple