Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
Conrad Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$436
$433
$367
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$476
$261
  • Restaurant
Metropark Hotel Mongkok(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$314
$465
Hotels.com
$714
3,238 results
All reviewsairport hoteltung chungclose to the airportasia world expofree shuttleasiaworld expothe executive loungebig buddhalantau islandbetween flightsan early flightruns every minutesminutes from the airportshuttle serviceindoor poolcable caroutlet mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Marriott Hong Kong SkyCity has never failed to impress. Located adjacent to AsiaWorld-Expo, this hotel is located 5 minutes away from the airport. Access is either by the Airport Express, the frequent scheduled hotel shuttle service, or if arriving after midnight, a taxi. The hotel shuttle runs every 20 minutes from around 5:00 AM to 12:50 AM. A couple days before I was scheduled to arrive, I received an email from the hotel's Guest Services department, which is routine these days for most major hotels. The difference here is that the staff requested my flight information, and suggested that I proceed to the hotel's service desk in Terminal 1, Location B05. I had a personal request, so I replied to the email message, and received a reply that the hotel would do their best to honor my request. On arrival, the staff at HKG was aware of my arrival, took care of my luggage, and escorted me to the shuttle van.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was met by Bella, from Guest Services, and she made sure my luggage was tagged and taken to my room, as well as personally escorting me to my room, completely bypassing the entire check-in process. Once in my room, all I needed to do was sign the registration form, and show my credit card. This was by far the easiest, most pleasant, fastest, and most personal service I have ever received on checking in to a hotel.

The rooms are spacious, immaculate, and have just about every amenity you would expect, with a modern decor. The blackout curtains really work, and it is really quiet - quite frankly, I never heard anything from the hallways, or adjacent rooms. If you want a quiet, restful sleep, this is the place to be. Hong Kong MRT station is a short 30 minutes away by a comfortable ride on the Airport Express train (HK$100 same day round trip).

As a Marriott Gold member, I was able to book a special rate of US$180 per night for a large room with a king bed, and was upgraded to an "ocean view" room and extended Executive Lounge privileges. The hotel was celebrating their fourth anniversary and in addition to the complimentary breakfast at the Executive Lounge, the breakfast buffet at the SkyCity Bistro on the lobby level was also complimentary. For those guests who are staying on the Executive Floor, or who are Gold or Platinum level, the Executive Lounge access also offers complimentary soft drinks all day, and what the hotel calls "finger food" and premium wine, beer and spirits from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm daily. Grace and the rest of the staff are very welcoming and willing to assist you with anything you may need. Wired and wireless internet access is available in guest rooms, the Executive Lounge, and all public areas of the hotel. There are other benefits that go along with Executive Lounge access, and I refer you to the hotel's fact sheet on the Marriott website for a complete description.

Even though the hotel is fairly new, it does see plenty of traffic, and more than a few airlines use this property for crew layovers. I have been a guest at this hotel a number of times since it first opened, and the rooms and common areas still retain a fresh, vibrant, and clean atmosphere. This is a lively place, and the staff know how to treat their guests. Laundry and Dry Cleaning service is available daily, out by 10am, back by 6pm, and there is an Express Service that will get your clothes back to you within 4 hours (last pickup 2:00pm) if you need something cleaned really quick (I did).

The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service to Hong Kong Disneyland, leaving the hotel at 10:00 am and leaving Disneyland at 8:45 pm daily. There is also a frequent shuttle service to the Tung Chung MTR station throughout the day.

Once again, the staff is what makes this hotel get 5 stars from me. My plans changed, and I had to cut short my stay by one day, and needed the room until 6:00pm on check out day. Suzanne at reception was very helpful and accommodating in canceling my last day, and I was able to keep the room until 6pm on my day of departure for an additional cost of 50% of the daily rate.

I look forward to my next stay here, and can definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night for our onward into China, and the place was perfect after a 14 hour flight. The check-in process was fluid, and the room very comfortable. My wife enjoyed the spa the next day, and I used a well equipped gym. Unfortunately, the swimming pool was under maintenance, but good to know that one exists. The train into the city is a minute's walk from the hotel if one wants to explore. We also tried the dim sum restaurant within the hotel, which was ell above average. Overall an excellent stay with friendly service; we would definitely stay here again if transiting through Hong Kong.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with a friend and we were given a sea facing room with an amazing view of mountains and occasional airplanes approaching the runways in the nearby airport. The room, the corridors and the lobby had a impressive ambience. The area near the hotel is calm and quite and we enjoyed the cool sea breeze as we walked around the hotel. We tried the swimming pool which was good, but it could have been better if it was in the open to allow sunlight in. The beds were nice and very comfortable compared to other Marriott properties I have stayed in. The free shuttle bus service is another good thing about this hotel. The concierge happily provided us a timetable of the shuttle buses and maps to help us conveniently explore Lantau and nearby outlying islands. I feel it is a right choice to stay in this hotel if you are interested in exploring the outlying islands of Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Choose the sea facing room!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stopped over in Hong Kong for one night on our outward and return journeys to the Philippines. It was a very positive experience. There is a free shuttle for the short journey from the airport to the hotel, which was great. All the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We were able to get checked into our rooms very quickly and back out to visit Hong Kong for the couple of hours we had left of the evening. It was also very easy to walk from the hotel to the expo train station and get the express train straight into the centre of Hong Kong.

The hotel breakfast (although not cheap perhaps) was also great - all our children loved it.

On our return visit, I was able to get a rollaway bed for my teenage son, so my two boys didn't have to share a double bed. I had to pay a little extra for it, but I hadn't requested this in advance, and was delivered very quickly.

I would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 17, 2013

As I usually don't stay at Marriott properties this was a great surprise for me. Service and staff were top-notch and location could not have been better with easy access to airport and city. Loved it. Airport Express access was one of the best features

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo