2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$129
Hotels.com$129
Expedia.com$129
Trip.com$128
eDreams$129
Priceline$129
3,695 results
All reviews airport hotel tung chung close to the airport asia world expo asiaworld expo free shuttle the executive lounge lantau island between flights an early flight indoor pool outlet mall cable car airport express breakfast buffet stayed here for one night short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I booked into the Sky City before a trip to China, left a bag and returned to check in again four days later. Arrived back at HKIA tired out and went to the Marriott's shuttle desk. Within five minutes I was whisked across to the hotel. Waiting at the door was the duty manager, who greeted me and escorted me direct to my room. The check-in paperwork was all done. My bag came up a few minutes later. Now that's service. Smart work.

The rooms are spacious and bright. The place has got a nice vibe. Despite being an airport hotel, where so many guests are one-nighters, the staff are exceptionally pleasant and engaged. The business lounge has a spectacular view of the runways and the sea. Breakfast in the main dining room is ok. All in all, a refreshing business travel experience.

Room tip: Aircraft noise depends on which runway is in use, but the general air traffic patterns suggest you'd be better off asking for a room on the north side of the hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Due to a change in business plans I decided to stay near the airport for a night and chose this Marriott, mostly because of my generally positive experience with the Marriott brand. In all ways, it greatly exceeded my expectation. Starting from check in, with incredibly cordial duty manager and desk staff, and all the way through the stay everything was very high quality. The rooms were very clean, spacious, and well fit out. Internet was very fast, and the executive lounge was spacious and modern. Next trip to HK I will be tempted to stay at this hotel even though it would been a daily commute to the city.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Excellent place to stay but it is considered far from the main action on Hong Kong Island or Kowloon.

Granted that Hong Kong MTR Station is just 30 minutes away via the Tung Chung Line, it costs as much as HKD19 for the trip. To Kowloon stopping at the shopping district of Mong Kok and Tsim Sha Shui requires a change at the Lai King Interchange station. We came back late from a day trip to Macau and a taxi ride from Shun Tak HK-MAC ferry terminal back to the hotel costs us HKD285.

Of course it is near to the airport and the hotel shuttle to the airport as well as to Tung Chung where the MTR station is, helped a lot. However, the last bus leaving Tung Chung for the hotel is 22:00 and if you are out till late, you can take the airport bus service S1 from Tung Chung and get down at the Sky Pier stop which is next to the hotel. I have to thank the helpful hotel staff for this tip. They have a shuttle service to Hong Kong Disneyland which I didn't use. So those considering a more affordable stay that is nearer to this theme park can consider SkyCity. Afterall, you are on Lantau Island where the theme park resides. Even if you miss the shuttle from Disney, you can still hop on the train for Sunny Bay and then transfer for Tung Chung to get back either by the last shuttle or S1.

Furnishings in the room are modern and clean. Sleep was comfortable and we cannot hear any of the aircraft from the airport.

For the aviation enthusiasts with long lenses, the Sky Pier bus stop does offer a good vantage point to take pictures of planes taking off if the weather conditions permitted (as in clear, bright skies for that fast shutter shot).

It is unfortunate that being a frequent visitor to Hong Kong that I was not able to taste the delicacies of in-house restaurant. We hopped on the shuttle to Tung Chung and dined at many Hong Kong styled cafes that open as early as 06:00AM.

All-in-all, a highly recommended stay if you are not deterred by the commute to the main shopping and action areas of Hong Kong Island and Kowloon.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DNAseI
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We booked this hotel because we had an early flight 0830 the next day. We arrived late afternoon and the concierge took our luggage and directed us to check-in promptly. The room was very bright and modern. Bathroom was clean and large. The room had cable TV showing EPL. We could hear planes but only slightly and managed to get a good night's sleep. We had in-room dining and the food (Hainan chicken rice and tandoori chicken salad) was excellent. The concierge was also very helpful with inquires that we had. The gym was large and had modern equipment. Tip: there is a free every 20 mins starting from 0500 hotel shuttle bus to-and-from hotel to airport. Saves you taking a taxi. However, the shuttle bus is small and would have to turn people away if full. We would have no hesitation staying here again

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had 2 stopovers (2 nights on the way over and 1 night on the way back from Europe) and both times very pleasant and a good sleep. No noise from the planes and good black-out curtains. I had room service both times and that was quick and good. The porters were very helpful and all over the service was very efficient and good, with a smile.
The airport shuttle was excellent, on time and the driver helpful with the luggage. To my surprise the hotel even has a shuttle to Tung Chung metro Station, form where the Cable Cart goes to the Big Buddha or if you want to go into the city, you can take the metro from there. There is also a small shopping centre and quite a few of the Fast Food restaurants.
I can definitely recommend this hotel if you only have a few days in between flights.

Room tip: All rooms are good, ask for a high floor
  • Trip type: Traveled solo