“A Superior Choice, and Incredibly Convenient”

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
Ranked #53 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I agree with May014, this hotel is one that keeps on giving and getting better and better. I spoke with the Assistant Manager yesterday, and also a charming executive from the PR/Sales Dept., and they seem to be totally focused on the customers' experience. And, without hesitation, I can tell you it works.

I've stayed here twice in 2012. The shuttle from the airport is perhaps a five-minute ride. The lobby is handsome, modern, spotlessly clean and attractively organized. Check-in is fast and painless. Both of my rooms have been flawless, with the usual Marriott mountain-of-pillows, fruit on the table, great towels and excellent TV choices.

Breakfast is great, with enough choices to put some kilos around your waist. Even the fruit is fresher and tastier. Plus, if your lucky enough to have access to the Executive Lounge, it is large, spacious, filled with fellow professional travelers and serves a lovely Bordeaux that i enjoyed too much.

In short, while this hotel is far from cheap, it's an excellent value for the money. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side (even numbered) get great views of the runways at HKK
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,143)

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed in the city over the weekend at the Sheraton but moved to the Sky City Marriott for my last night before heading out. Very nice hotel. Staff was very friendly. Rooms were nice. Only complaint was that the air conditioning could only be set as low as 21 degrees celsius. Like to set it on 19 or 20 to sleep but that wasn't possible.

Concierge lounge was great. Very friendly staff and food was great. Generous offerings.

Had breakfast in the restaurant on my departure day. Great buffet. Toaster was set too hot so it burned everything - but they had an awesome banana bread that made up for it and didn't require toasting.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is already my third time staying at the Marriott Skycity. Each time I stayed, I found the services got better and better.

Location:
The hotel is 5 minutes drive to the airport (free shuttle service provided every 20 mins) and also located right next to the Asia Expo airport express MTR station. While located in Chek Lap Kwok, it is very convenient to travel to the city by MTR by purchasing the same day airport express MTR ticket for only HKD90 return to the Kowloon station.

I usually stay at this hotel on the nights before I return to Sydney Australia on overnight flights. The big plus is that I can very comfortably have a hot shower at the gym of the hotel before boarding the plane even after I checked out. Also the shower at the gym is well equipped, with aromatherapy shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and towel that are the same ones you will use in the hotel room.

Porter service and front desk service excellent:

Being able to drop off my baggages at their shuttle service desk and the airport was great. I basically dropped off my baggages with them at the airport once I landed, went off to Kowloon to have dinner with relatives and then catch the airport express MTR to get back to the hotel directly. The lovely staffs at their airport counter even taught me exactly where to catch a mini-bus from To Kwa Wan in Kowloon to the Kowloon MTR station for the airport express. Really great service.

On my day of leaving, I was going to the Quan Spa before leaving and asked their porter which floor the spa is on. The porter was so friendly and helpful, he pulled out a HKD$100 discount voucher from his pocket and gave it to me so that I can get discount on the already booked treatment at Quan Spa. What a pleasant surprise!! Then he walked me to the lift to send me to the Quan Spa. The service is so good and well beyond my expectation!

Room: Very large room, very clean and comfy. I always have sleeping problems when travelling but Marriott always maintains such a good universal standard in all their hotels to provide the good quality and comfortable pillows and beddings. Sky City Marriott is no exception and the comfy bed helps me to fall asleep right away.

Overall, this hotel is a true 5 stars hotel with 5 stars service. My loyalty is with them and definitely will stay there again whenever I bypass Hong Kong.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank May014
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for two nights, the location is great and the rooms are nice and clean. There is a bus that runs every 20 minutes from the airport to the hotel - it is in the basement under the airport express. The service at reception is very friendly and efficient and I was able to check in very early. The gym has a good selection of equipment.
They have a bus service to the citygate outlets - I went there for an hour but it isn't all that great and tends to be quite full. Overall a good stay and I would recommend it and will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank libica
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Excellent hotel close to the airport. The service was impeccable...some of the best I've ever experienced. The rooms were extremely clean, the buffet was awesome and had an assortment of both international and western foods to choose from. If you don't feel like a full breakfast, they have a great coffee bar with pastries and sandwiches for a reasonable price. They also have free airport shuttle service and a shuttle that takes you to a huge mall located about 10 minutes from the hotel if you feel like shopping, eating, etc. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the airport, you will have views of big ships on the water, jets landing and b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here just one night due to an early morning flight since it's right by the airport. When I arrived I found their desk at the airport easily enough, and they had a driver take me to the hotel at no charge. Since I had arrived so early, my room was not ready but I could pay extra to upgrade to a better room that happened to be available right away, which I did. The room was very nice; it was on the 11th floor, still considered Club Level. Very comfortable bed, very clean room, up to date looking, very nice bathroom. I was right away checked on by housekeeping, and again by someone asking if I needed any laundry done. I then took a free shuttle to the local outlet mall called City Gate. Since it was a national holiday it was over-crowded and not worth the effort. So I came back an hour later and ate lunch in the restaurant. I ordered a burger and fries; it was fine; nothing special. I took a rest, and later woke up to take advantage of the happy hour in the Club Lounge (since I paid extra for all this!) Made a couple of drinks; the appetizers were not too exciting. For that I prefer the Sheraton group of hotels. But, it still covered me for dinner. Overall I would say it was a great hotel to stay at. Very helpful staff that spoke very good English. I took the free shuttle to the airport the next morning, and that was only 5 minutes away. Definitely would recommend this to anyone looking to stay at a nice, clean, American hotel near the airport. One more thing to note: even though it's right by the airport, I never heard a single plane flying overhead!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here for a layover between flights and for an airport hotel it exceeded expectations. My room was spacious, although it was trimmed in South Beach colors, clean and comfortable. If you are a gym rat the gym/pool are fantastic! I was pleasantly surprised at the size and offering. This alone will get me back. The sports bar was closed because it was a Monday night so I grabbed something in the open atrium lounge. Food was fine and watching all the people come and go was good for people watching. They also have a monitor which shows the departures and gates for all flights. Make sure you take advantage of the free shuttle to/from airport. You can catch it at bay 29/30 in terminal two but check the website to make certain it has not changed.

1  Thank Dave4242