“New and convenient”

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
Ranked #46 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Was there for 3 nights in a normal deluxe room, hotel staffs and service is up to Hyatt's reputation. Room sizes are average , slightly smaller than W's Elements but are definitely adequate in Asia's standard. Located conveniently around restaurants , shops, and only 5-10 mins walk to Harbour city .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and my step son and I spent 2 weeks in Hyatt TST Hong Kong..we are very satisfied and happy with our stay there days before the New Year and stayed till the first week of January, 2014..The concierge and lobby staffs were always helpful..the hotel restaurants esp were we have eaten twice in the Chinese Restaurant of Hyatt , the food were great and my husband likes the waiter services there esp Gavin or Kevin his name?? also the chef there was understanding when I ordered for congee I asked Gavin or Kevin if the chef can put lots of fresh ginger coz I wasn't feeling well that time and I was happy I had wat I ordered for..the room we stayed was a very nice, clean and with a good view altho not facing directlty the Victoria harbour but the Hotel staff tried to give us a half good view of the harbour and street view of Hanoi rd from our window..the bathroom was clean..the housekeeping staffs are always making the room and the bathroom clean..we also had room services and they were also good and the staffs, too..
the mood and the environment of the hotel is excellent, then in this hotel is the K11 art mall which u can shop eat and enjoy the mall with ur hotel just seconds from u..location also good..MTR just a seconds away from the hotel, 7 eleven, bars, shops, food everywhere..also one more why I clicked 5 for the rating is that, my husband and my stepson was not feeling well in the first few days Hyatt does not have heater in all rooms and its winter there, but they sent us a ceramic heater to be used anytime free of charge in our room..also the wifi free of charge when u click hotel wifi complement everytime use it..it never gave us a problem at all..the bathroom utilities like the shampoo, body wash, soap, shaving crème,lotion and etc are of good quality, they provide always bottles of water..
they have foxtel channels and local and foreign channels in their tv..
we r over all satisfied and happy to have stayed in Hyatt TST and will stay again next time we visit HK again..
It has also a fitness room, well kept and clean and lots of water and towels for u to use and swimming pool, too..
Thank you Hyatt TST for a wonderful experience..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear yvemarie, thank you very much to share your positive feedback. I was concerned to learn that you felt not well during your stay and wish you a speedy recovery. I was delighted you enjoyed your stay, especially service from Gavin, Kevin and the team at Front Desk. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to them. It is a great pleasure to receive your compliments to hotel facilities and cleanliness of the guestroom. We are happy to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and i use my points to upgrade to the regency club suite. This is the second time i stayed in this hotel but the first time i brought a toddler along.

Upon check in, i am impressed with the level of service and details the hotel staff provided us. We were provided with baby tub and bottles sterilizer in the room. This is the first time i have seen a hotel provide service to this detail.

The location of the hotel is superb. Good food is within walking distance. Mtr station is right below the hotel in the k11 mall. There is a lot to see , eat and do even just within tst alone that you dont have to take the mtr out..

The hotel is clean, and amenties are modern. Being on the club level, we have access to the lounge which serve complimentary breakfast over a nice city view over the harbour. The lounge also provide evening cocktails and drinks till 11pm.

And of course, the hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I enjoy every minute of my stay in Hyatt Regency.

Check out the street Hau Fok street (厚福街)just behind the hotel. They have lots of desserts shops there and i havent even finished trying all of them ! There is a great dim sum restaurant there too!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sengkangboy

Dear sengkangboy, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a great pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the hotel location and the cleanliness of the facilities. We were delighted to learn that we were helpful and friendly. Please rest assured that we will recognise the team for the assistance provided to you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The location of this hotel in indeed superb for business travelers since it is in the centre of the bustling city and evenings are indeed good with a whole lot of restaurants and bars just next door. The breakfast served in the restaurant is also very good.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear anandiyer34, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your recent experience. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit, especially the hotel location and our breakfast at Café. It is a great pleasure to receive your kind compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is my third stay at the Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) since it re-opened at its current location, which is directly linked to the TST / TST East MTR station, a godsend especially if you want to escape Hong Kong's heat and humidity during summer. The service of all staff members was brilliant as usual, and the public areas of the hotel were clean and well kept. I do however feel my guest room was showing some wear and tear, especially with the bathroom and the carpet. For example, during my current visit, I noticed the tiles in the shower area of my room were heavily stained and alerted reception accordingly. Immediate efforts by housekeeping / maintenance staff to rectify the problem were unfortunately ineffective as the stains were deeply ingrained. Fortunately for me, there was also a separate (and spotless) bath tub in the bathroom which I was able to use instead during my stay. In my opinion, these maintenance issues are somewhat surprising given the hotel is still relatively new, and is emerging as the weak link in an otherwise consistently excellent hotel experience in HK.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank tsangers
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Watching the New Year's Eve fireworks in the Hong Kong harbor from the Hyatt Regency Hotel was a lovely and thrilling experience!
The hotel is very well located and the rooms are modern and comfortable and the staff at the hotel, every one, is friendly, helpful and makes one feel very comfortable at all times. The food in all the restaurants is excellent.

Room Tip: All rooms have interesting views, of course the view of the harbor is preferred.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear efloydatty, thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments. It is a great pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the hotel location, overall hotel service and facilities. We were delighted to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Hyatt Regency TST in Hong Kong recently. It is worthy of a positive review!

SERVICE: Superb. Very attentive with excellent spoken English. The high point was after they found out that it was my partner's birthday before our arrival. The Manager in charge very graciously, and free of charge, arranged for a lovely personalized cake and card. Smiles and helpful individuals all around. This hotel could serve as a model world-wide.

LOCATION: Upside - it is right in the middle of the HK tourist district. Downside - it is right in the middle of the HK tourist district. The pushy shills around the TST area can be a genuine put-off, but the hotel itself is excellently located for anyone looking to properly explore Hong Kong. Like most hotels in the regions, though, it is a hike from the airport and can be a pain to get to if you do not know the roads.

ROOM: Stunning. We upgraded to a club-level suite and were not disappointed. Comfortable and modern sitting area combined with a bedroom that had a panoramic harbour view. All this with coupled with a bathroom that could double as a small apartment - really a treat. On an unrelated note, the pool/hot tub are not to be missed and offer a great view of TST and HK island.

FOOD: We ate in the Regency Club for dinner and breakfast (included in the price). While not a jaw-dropping selection, it was a tasty spread with a good wine selection. If you are willing to sub this option in lieu of going out to eat, it actually makes the Hyatt one of the more economical options in this part of HK.

ROOM TO IMPROVE: As always, the lack of free wifi (not an issue for the club level, but for others) is a sticking point. Come on, Hyatt, you can take this cost on without screwing your clientele!

Room Tip: Go for the harbour view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple