“Never let us down”

Ranked #40 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Never let us down”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a overdue review.

I was there for a family trip last winter (Dec 2012) and I love this hotel over many hotels I have stayed in HKG. The rooms was clean, spacious, new and location was never better.I never had a chance to try the breakfast spread nor the spa but I believe they would stand it to the brand.
Great job and keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the hotel location and overall facilities. We were delighted to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had a lovely room on the 16th floor, very spacious and comfortable. Large windows, a pity the view wasn't up to much. Huge bathroom with a shower and bath although I would have preferred the little "luxuries", ie shower cap, razor etc, to have been in the room rather than having to call down to housekeeping for them. The meal in the chinese restaurant was very good as was the breakfast in the morning, one of the best buffet breakfasts I have ever had.
The pool looked very nice with plenty of loungers and the floor above is dedicated to an ouside sitting area with wooden flooring and lots of plant troughs.
Very attentive staff throughout the hotel, would definately go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I've stayed in several Hyatt hotels around the world (London, Dubai, Bangkok, Istanbul to name a few) and I have to say this is the best I've stayed in so far.

My wife and I got in after our long flight from Sydney yesterday on the 18th - we were promptly checked in and shown our suite on the 13th floor by a very nice manager - Janice. Very professional, kind and efficient service.

Our suite is very nice - photos to come. It would've been nice to have been put on a higher floor but the view is still quite good. There was an issue with the toilet, but I called reception and within 2 minutes someone was knocking at the door and fixed it up. Such hiccups are unavoidable in all hotels, and I don't think it's fair to judge a place on if such minor inconveniences occur but rather the manner and speed in which they are resolved, and in this case it was sorted in an almost unbelievably fast pace with ease and professionalism.

The location in TST is probably the best place to stay in HK if you're a tourist. This is probably my 7th or 8th time to HK and I much prefer staying in TST than on HK island itself - First of all the view from TST is better because you're looking onto the island and TST is a business and tourist hub so everything you need is at your doorstep. I chose this Hyatt based on its location (there are 3 Hyatt hotels in HK) and I made the right choice. The hotel itself is above a shopping mall and MTR station is it is very convenient - there are some reviews that were put off by the hotel being above a shopping mall, but ignore these - the location is great and makes things much easier.

This hotel is brilliant and I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on high floors and facing Victoria Harbour.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We appreciate your feedback on the bathroom facilities, and I am glad that it was fixed immediately. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the hotel location and the service provided by Janice Ting. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to her. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel is very new and rooms are decorated very well. The beds and bathroom are amazing and it's well worth every penny to stay at this property. I'm there on business trips and each stay has been great. The breakfast buffet is as good as any i've had anywhere. You are few blocks from Nathan Road, Metro and Ferry. The gym is okay, kind of compact, but serves its purpose.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the buffet breakfast, overall service and facilities. We were delighted to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Its very good hotel with good location . you get everything within 5 minutes of this hotel. rooms are clean and good to stay for 2 persons. I was given room on the higher floor with Harbour view and enjoyed the beauty of Hongkong.

Room Tip: higher floor on the harbour side
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the hotel location and facilities. We were delighted to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.
Glen Waverley, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband, daughter and I recently spent a week at this hotel and it certainly lived up to the great reviews given on trip advisor. The room was very spacious and comfortable for the 3 of us as well as very clean. The location was superb and we had easy and close access to MTR (train service) and shops. The services and help provided by all hotel staff was simply outstanding. We were always greeted with a friendly and welcoming smile and assistance was always provided for any queries or requests. I would certainly stay at this hotel again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the hotel location, overall service and facilities. We were delighted to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.
Tatamy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Recently hosted a business meeting here and couldn't have been happier. Staff were extremely attentive and met all of our needs and more. Room was immaculate and comfortable. Hotel was very nice and a great location. However, I cannot say enough about their service. From the moment I got to the hotel I was greeted with smiles. Hotel staff were extremely helpful. During the meeting we had several attendants who remained right by our team to help with any issues or even just get coffee or anything else we needed. I really could not have been happier.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent meeting at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui. It is a great pleasure to read your positive comments concerning the overall hotel service and facilities. We were delighted to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager