“Very satisfied and we look forward to staying there again”

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
Ranked #36 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Makati, Philippines
“Very satisfied and we look forward to staying there again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We traveled in June 2012 (sorry for the late post) but I could still remembered that our stay was perfect.
We came in using the Airport Express which would take you around 25-30 minutes from the airport to the Kowloon Station then there is an Airport Express van to take you to the hotel in 5-10 minutes depending on how many has to go down to the earlier hotels on the route to Hyatt Regency.
Checkin was a breeze but we had to wait for our room to be ready by 2pm so we left our bags in the storage room and started going around Kowloon.
We also took the airport express going home so we just hopped on the Airport Express van that comes every 15-20 minutes =)
LOCATION :
The hotel is connected to the MRT station as well as an Art Mall with interesting stores.
The hotel is also across the Spring Deer restaurant if you are fond on having goose/peking duck.
There are also money changers around so spend 10-15 minutes just canvassing the rates to get the best deal.
I have stayed in Guangdong in Pratt and Marco Polo Gateway a couple of times but both are dated hotels already so Hyatt Regency TST is worth your try =)
ROOM :
We got a Deluxe Room which is enough for a couple but could be tight for 3. The rooms are very much new given that the hotel has been operating for I think 5 years or less. The king bed is very firm and comfortable and pillows are perfect. Get a bigger room though if you have kids with you.
BREAKFAST :
Breakfast at THE CAFE was not crowded. We would go down between 7-8 but there were not much people considering it was a weekend. Also, we enjoyed the breakfast spread (Chinese, American, Japanese food) as well as different kinds of coffee and hot chocolate is available. (see my picture of the hot chocolate - not your usual hot chocolate) There was also an ice cream machine but too bad it was not working when we were there.
DINNER :
We also went to THE CHINESE RESTAURANT for dinner since we were craving for Peking Duck and couldnt get a table anywhere near. Service was superb and the duck was very good and not so expensive.

Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: High Floors near the elevator since hotel is a long stretch you dont want to be assigned to the one...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank welovetotravel_585

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

(We actually travelled in February 2011 but I couldn't go back any further on the dates)

We arrived at the airport after a long flight from Perth via Singapore. We had ordered a car to the hotel with baby seat and it was easy to spot the driver waiting for us with name placard in hand. He happily took our luggage and lead us to the car which was away from the crowds and hustle of the main entrances.
After a wonderful ride in a nice, clean vehicle we arrived at the hotel valet area and were swamped with smiling faces which was a surprise considering it was about 9pm and we were exhausted. All the luggage was taken care of, they loved our son... may have something to do with the blonde hair and blue eyes! We were escorted around and shown our suite. We booked a Regency King Suite up on the club lounge floor and the rooms were spotless, well appointed. Ours was one end overlooking the river which did mean it was a little cramped due to having a rollaway bed in the lounge room but that's no fault of the hotels. They were very accommodating to our sons needs.
The club lunge was wonderful. Overlooking the city and river, it was spacious with booth seating along the wall and lounge seating elsewhere. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The food was great although we couldn't get used to the congee so opted for more western style breakfasts!
The only things I could fault were ... well nothing really. It was expensive but that's what we wanted and no more so than what you would pay in Perth, and certainly much better quality! There was basically no facilities for children other than the bed but it's to be expected and nothing out of the ordinary for this level of Hotel.
I think this hotel set the tone for the awesome time we had in Hong Kong and we will definitely stay there again next time. I think Hyatts in Australia are waaaay behind in comparison.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BHWA
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a great pleasure to read your positive comments concerning the overall hotel service and facilities. We were delighted to learn that the Regency Club were helpful and friendly. Please rest assured that we will recognise the Regency Club team for the assistance provided to you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights on the club floor Jan 11-16 for the first leg of our 3 week honeymoon.

Club level has their own dedicated checkin that is only accessible by club level members. Queenie was so nice and patient. Seeing that we just flew 15 hours plus transport time to the hotel, she offered to have us sit in the lounge and enjoy refreshments while our room was being prepared. Both my husband and I were always greeted by name, nice touch.

The room was very well laid out, a bit small but typical of Hong Kong. I especially liked that the bathroom mirror slid so that I could see the tv while getting ready. Just in case you're absent minded like me, you have to insert the key into a slot by the front door to get the lights to work. Duh! I don't have any complaints about the room, very comfortable and a nice place to come back to after a long day of sightseeing. Daily breakfast consisted of pastries and bread, fruit, cheeses, salad, coffee, tea, and at least two to three hot foods. While I was there, it consisted of congee, frittata, and quiche. Great way to start the day. We also enjoyed the daily happy hour from 5-7pm. Wine, some liquor (although I don't know what kind) and light appetizers.

The hotel is located on top of the K11 mall (malls everywhere in Hong Kong!) and close to MTR stops. Very convenient. We were married at the Hyatt Huntington Beach and were spoiled by their service, Hyatt TST is no different. Top notch service and property. I would definitely return.

Thanks Hyatt TST for the excellent stay!

Room Tip: Club level is the way to go.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with your honeymoon trip and your positive comments concerning the hotel location, overall service and food. We were happy to receive your compliments to Queenie Lam. Please rest assured that we will recognise her for the assistance provided to you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The location is perfect. Close to lots of shopping, restaurants and sights. We spent 3 nights in a suite on 20th floor. The staff was terrific. The remembered us in the Regency Club which is always nice. The room steward was seen regularly in the hall and was friendly.

Check in and out went well. At 6AM, the front desk agent knew who I was when I walked up to the desk and had notes that I had requested a cab the night before for the ride to the airport.

The entrance to the hotel was confusing for my business associate that took us to the hotel at midnight from the airport. It is located above a shopping mall so all indications are the hotel is there but you can't see a lobby from the street. There is a driveway entrance to an underground drop off area and as it turns out that looks to be the main entrance. You can reach the hotel elevators to the lobby from the street level but you have to walk through part of the mall. So just be aware that you can drive down to the basement and not have to pay for parking if you are there for a short time. It didn't appear that was the case and necessitated circling the block for a second pass.

We enjoyed the room, view and ammenities. I noticed the drapes were dragging on the sills (significantly) and made the room look unkept when we walked in. There was also the smell of smoke which shouldn't happen on a non smoking floor but we were greeted with it each time we came back to the room.

The pool area was nice although for us folks with knees that have seen better days, the very low lounges were difficult to get in and out of. After spending some time in the Winter Sun (it was about 80F), I noticed a few higher lounge chairs but they were in an area away from the poolside.

Thanks to the friendly staff at Hyatt Tsim Sha Tsui for a nice stay. We would visit again.

Room Tip: A tip but not about getting a good room is the grocery store that is in the mall below the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights in the club deluxe room from 21 to 27 Jan 2013, I must say the service from this hotel and all the staff is fantastic and excellent. Credit must be given to Ms Amy from the private club lounge as she was very friendly, accommodating, and very helpful in looking after my family of 4. Club deluxe room is generally spacious with decent size bathroom that comes with spa and open type shower cubicle. Room get clean twice a day and a note on the desk to say who clean the room. Free complimentary WIFI, docking station for iPod, Nespresso machine with free capsules are just some of the club room offering. Breakfast and evening drinks at the club lounge was thoroughly enjoyable and offer privacy, night view was good from the lounge overlooking HK.

I will definitely return to this hotel for my next visit to HK.

Cheers.
Mr. Chiam Room 2206

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kbd807609
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a pleasure to read your positive comments concerning the overall hotel service and facilities. We were happy to learn that the Regency Club were helpful and friendly especially your compliments to Amy Fung. We were delighted to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed in Hyatt Regency TST for 4 nights end Jan 2013. A friend of mine recommended the hotel as it is newly built compared to the other ones nearby and it's location near the shopping area. Well he was right in all aspects as I really enjoyed my stay. The MTR station is within the hotel complex which also has a shopping mall, this is quite handy as it has a supermarket for those who need it.

I was checked in by the ladies in the regency club and they were helpful in all aspects. It is important that you pick a room at the higher floors if you want to enjoy the harbor view, and of course everything comes with a price in Hong Kong. I stayed in room 2216 which enjoys great views of the harbor, had a lovely bathroom with walk in shower and bath tub. The room as well comes with a nespresso machine, quite a good touch.

The fitness center has good cardio equipments for those who enjoy cardio with very basic weight lifting equipments. This is the only thing I found missing in the Hyatt Regency TST as I am one of those enjoy weight lifting training. Eventually I ended up going to fitness first gym which was nearby as well with no problem.

Other than the very basic weight lifting equipments, my stay in the Hyatt Regency TST was very pleasant and highly recommended, I for sure will return back if I travel back to Hong Kong.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at the 2 year old Hyatt at s Deluxe Harbourview rooms with breakfast. Chechnya in was seamless and transportation to the hotel was cheap and easy. I took the Airport Express and they have a free shuttle bus , K3 that takes you to the hotel. Room was not big but since I was traveling solo, it was fine. Bathroom is of a rescan able size and the room was generally well appointed and maintained. Breakfast was good. As of January this year, they have free wifi and broadband for all guests. A really good gesture as that is one of the factors when I look for a hotel to stay. It is located in K11, a arty mall which is linked to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR. Around the area, there are plenty of stores, cafes, and restaurants. Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the location, hotel facilities and food. We were delighted to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.