“No Better way to finish a hike”

Shek O Chinese & Thai Seafood
Ranked #1,067 of 8,564 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Paro, Bhutan
“No Better way to finish a hike”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

After hiking Dragon Back there is no better way to finish than a meal in Shek O. Not directly on the beach but outside near the traffic circle. You are here for the food. Highly recommend the Red Curry Prawns, Basil Squid, and Curry Duck.

Been here dozens of times and never once been disappointed.

• Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Well worth the trip out to Shek O”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was one of our favourite restaurants when we lived in Hong Kong in the early 1990s. On our recent visit to Hong Kong, we were pleased to see that it was still in business. The food was as wonderful as we remembered with steamed garlic prawns, chicken satay and the pineapple rice being especially delicious. Yes, the restaurant is basic to look at but don’t let that put you off.

Chandigarh, India
“Great Food after a Great Walk!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

After doing the Dragon's Back Trail, we took the bus to Shek O Beach. Over there is this great restaurant that serves amazing food. We ordered the Mussels, Prawns, Chicken, Asparagus, Prok and Rice. All the dishes tasted fresh and good. The Pork and the Mussels are recommended. Chicken on Fire is another great dish. The chicken is actually served on a plate, which is on fire. It was juicy and tender. We were not expecting the place to serve such "fresh" food, but they did an amazing job, The service too was prompt and non-fussy.

• Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Terrible place to eat. Ordered ground chicken with eggplant, barely any chicken there. The employees' attitude was not good at all. At payment they hovered over me and even attempted to reach into my wallet. Also overpriced. Go somewhere else, they don't deserve your business.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced food, poor service”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a terrible place to eat. I read about eating here after doing the Dragon's Back hike, and since I love thai food I was excited to go. I ordered ground chicken with eggplant. There was barely any chicken! An employee, whom I think may have been the owner, charged me more money for extra chicken. Upon payment of the bill, the waitress hovered over me as I searched for change, even attempting to reach into my wallet. Not worth going at all! Terrible attitude towards customers.

1 Thank badger08138585