“Refreshing drinks & beach view”

Hemingway's Discovery Bay
Ranked #1,449 of 9,139 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bar and restaurant by the waterside in Discovery Bay. Live bands on Saturday nights with an acoustic Sunday session at 4-8pm.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The food was great, loved the apple mojito. The seats by the bay could've had some shade. Other then that, everything was just right.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We just went there for a casual drink. At the beginning we order a cocktails for both of us and then I saw on the list frozen cocktails. My gf and I change mind, so we decide to go ahead for two frozen drink. After 5 mins we receive two cocktails which was not frozen so I thought it was the "style" of the bar. Well.... I don't like complain so I just accept em and drink..... Remember..... I was just looking for relax. After other 5 mins maybe more two real frozen drinks arrived on my table. Wooiwwww very surprised: firstly because take almost 15 mins to make it and secondly because it supposed to be the original order. By the way in a good manners, obviously, I ask to the waitress Why we had two drinks each, probably " we" misunderstood each other. Despite my calm and my good reaction And ready to pay them anyway......the waitress instead of try to explain or listen she let me feel so embarrass and drop these cocktails on the table without even care if it was probably her mistake. Is ok no problem at all. I ask for the bill after 5 mins we haven't finish no one of them. We pay and we left. I assume certain circumstances unfortunately happen but be polite and give a smile something could be fix more then one problem.

1  Thank dimitri d
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Sit on the sofas, have a beer, eat some fries, burgers or even something healthy ( chicken grilled is good). And relax, life is good, kids are safe and you can see a beach.

2  Thank Mark W
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stopped there at the end of the afternoon. We got a place on the terasse and seated in sofa. This place is nice located just near the bay. We had some drinks but the service is not fast at all. First they bring the drink for my wife but they forgot my draught beer. When i order again a second beer , it tooks very long time to bring me again the beer. The service is bad in general as they also forgot to bring the drink for an other customer just seated in an other sofa near us.
About the food, they only serve some snacks. We ordered the chicken satay and the quality and taste was average, nothing more.
So if you want to have a drink, this place is nice located but dont hope to have a good service

2  Thank etienne c
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The only reason we went to Hemmingway's was for the view. It has a stunning view of the bay and Disney Land and the fireworks in the evenings. It's great as a bar if you order drinks only. But the service and the food is awful. We were really disappointed with the quality of food, and for how long we had to wait to get the staff's attention, and then to be told that what we wanted was sold out. The staff don't really seem to care - I think they mostly have temporary staff. But as a bar, it's fine. We were going to the bar to get our own drinks and bringing them back to our seats, which were outside. Their outdoor seating area, in terms of view and comfort, is among the best I've seen in Hong Kong.

1  Thank Anita M