“Fantastic fresh seafood”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Fantastic fresh seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

At this restaurant you can choose any seafood you like, shells, fish, lobsters, crab, catfish anything you like! All seafood is prepaired in traditional chinese way with very good taste! If you go out for dinner for good food in stead of for nice looking restaurant, go here!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
“Fresh seafood at a price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went there on a Sunday evening and tried to book a table in advance. Although they do "accept" reservations, but I was reminded that I still have to expect a waiting time! So much for a reservation! I decided to turn up at 6pm for my 6.30 booking and only had to wait 5 minutes for the table to be ready. Then it was time to choose the live seafood among the dozens of fish tanks. The price of the seafood is not much cheaper than the seafood restaurants in town. When the seafood did arrive the taste was bland. The service was slow but polite. The non-seafood dishes were average. The experience of picking fresh seafood before your meal may appeal to first time visitors, but I am not sure whether this is the best one to go to along the promenade.

• Visited November 2012
“Very expensive.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

You pay for the fish (2 or 3 times the market price) then you pay for the cooking. Definitely not worth going.

1 Thank Assouhk
Hong Kong, China
“Relaxing seafood dinner after hiking in Sai Kung”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

I've been to Chuen Kee a few times after strenuous trailrunning sessions around Sai Kung.
This is a concept familiar to HK people but not necessarily to western people.
You get seated, then you go to aquariums to select the beauties you want to be cooked for you and you ask the waiter how you want them to prepare the seafood (boiled, stir-fried ...).
They quote a market price, and basically the price on the final bill will be double. It is very affordable for the freshest seafood.
For the preparation, well, it is cooked in chinese way, so we like or we prefer others (I do prefer vietnamese way but we don't have the same ingredients in HK).

The atmosphere outside is noisy and messy, but who cares.
I would appreciate not to see dogs eating on the tables though.
We can take away if we're too full.
Don't miss the place if you're in Sai Kung.

• Visited May 2011
4 Thank needlehill
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Whats all the Fuss About”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Perhaps because I am not Chinese I just cant understand this place. Its rated highly but for me all the dishes taste the same and they just don't know how to nail seafood - no spicy whole fried fish just a mix of seafood (albeit it is fresh) that is average. Seems very expensive for what it is - could they have two price lists? I suspect so and wont be back no matter how many visitors plead me to take them!!!

Visited January 2012