Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
$33
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 16, 2009

The Hotel was located in the Chung King Mansios,where ground floor full of people try to distract you and bring you to different places.And some chinese claim they are manager but actually is a cheaters for their commission.First time visit,was scared by the ground floor.And we go up to the Hotel where located inner Chung King Mansion,Block C,Floor 15.there are few blocks abcde in chung King,and this one located at the last tower.When the lift open on Floor 15,Block C.The look are fresh and seems all brand new,clean.Then people say Hi to us.And go to check-In,the place was quiet with many guests stay,the Hotel I think they have around 77 rooms becasue we saw the number until 77.And really it's a big difference to the ground floor.Internet are good connection and staff are honest and humble.Price is cheap,all the things I have never expect before.But the room was small and bathroom too.But there are not big problem for us.We suggest people to have a look to this Hotel first when you been to HK.And try to prevent people from the ground floor bring you to somewhere else.

Date of stay: December 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank KennethKK
Reviewed December 10, 2009

You probably dont get the room that you booked
+ all the other negative stuff that the previous guest have written.

Date of stay: December 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank enri v
Amy C, Owner at Lucky Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

We are brand new budget hostel,and located in Chung King Mansion where favored by many budget travelers due to it's cheap accommodation and central location in Hong Kong.Due to the valued land in Hong Kong,budget hostel room are small,but room are clean and with private bathroom,free internet access,air-condition,fan,television,telephone,fan,towel and slipper.Our check-in time is 12:30PM - 01:30AM,and Check-our time is before 12:00 noon.The building ground floor which is not belong to us and for building management,there are so many shops like money exchange,baggage,restaurant as well.There are many people to make shopping and make the ground floor so crowed,but actually is very safe and no crime in our building.Money exchange are much money in the shop,but they are still running properly.Your comment are very important for us to improve our service,and we are welcome to serving yours next time.

Reviewed July 7, 2009

The Hotel was Located in the Chung king Mansion,where are full of touts and disturb you in the lobby of the building,just ignore them(both chinese and Indian),becasue they always mislead or cheat people to different place.The Hotel was located in the Block C,Floor 12,where are Clean and no need to queue too long to wait the life compare with Block A.The Room was entire small but it was New and with Free Internet Access.Try to send the E-mail and listen their advice before you go,Luckyhousejoe@yahoo.com.hk.Would recommend for Budget Travellers.

Date of stay: May 2009
2  Thank Christroper
Reviewed May 14, 2009

i read the reviews on this site and internet comments about the notorious Chung King Mansions. this hostel was not as bad as Chung King Mansions is made out to be and actually very modern and recently renovated inside. the retail lobby level does live up to its reputation of being seedy but the location is fantastic on Nathan Road walking distance to Kowloon Harbour and the Airport Bus stop right outside. Chung King mansions is a collection of hostels and guesthouses and the quality can vary quite drastically. this is family run and very clean. the room was nice with a flat screen tv although quite small. the bathroom is an oversize shower cubicle with a sink and toilet located inside but thats hong kong for you! I dont know about the comments of the desk clerk i've read on here, it was some african guy but i had no problems. be careful to follow the advice the hostel sends when you book of not to talk to anyone in the lobby when you arrive as they will try to take you to the wrong hostel. also do not touch any of the food that is being sold in the lobby

Date of stay: September 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
5  Thank LondonE7
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I originally booked a hostel called “England Backbackers Inn” and upon arrival I presented my documents relating to my booking and was then aggressively told that I would be staying in “Hong Kong Lucky Hostel” when I asked a member of staff why I was being moved to a new hostel the employee just started shouting in an aggressive manner telling me that I was going to a better hostel and I shouldn’t complain.

After carrying my own bags down 3 flights of stairs we arrived at the Hong Kong Lucky Hostel and I was shown to my very small room, I then informed the staff member that the room I originally booked at England Backbackers Inn displayed rooms with a double bed and nice décor but what I was looking at was a hospital bed, barred window, broken fan and a all-in-one shower over toilet 2ft high basin pod. The staff member walked away and then after 5 minutes came back with another man that choose not to introduce himself and both just started shouting at me telling me I was a trouble maker and that no other person had companied EVER.

I advised the two gentlemen that I would be complaining to the company that I booked the hostel through and that I would be writing a review on tripadvisor and there reply was “so what” and “I don’t care do what you want” …… the conversation became so heated and the men so aggressive that I said I would speak only with the Owner and then tried to shut my room door on the arrogant aggressive young men.
After several requests that the Owner speak with me regarding my complaints and absolutely no reply I simply gave up, I had paid for 5 nights in full and the company that I booked through where of no assistance at all.

I had complained of dirty towels, broken fan, broken telephone socket, staff shouting on the mobiles at 3am and so on but none of the complaints were dealt with and just both myself and the staff keep away from one another.

Easily the worst travelling experience of my life.

Date of stay: April 2009