“Never again.”

Ranked #127 of 160 Specialty Lodging in Hong Kong
Quezon City, Philippines
“Never again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Booked through Hosltel World for a HK trip around August 2012. When we got there, after about an hour looking for the place, they apparently don't check bookings through English sites (I don't know why they listed themselves there, though). The receptionists I met were mere High Schoolers and weren't at all hospitable. They said that there was no booking made and turned us away. I came back a few hours later to speak to the Owner and though she said there were no more beds available at the "hostel", she offered her own apartment nearby. We had to share the 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment with a whole other family.

The cheapest hostel with the best location, probably, in Causeway Bay, but I will never book with them again. If I didn't know how to speak Chinese, we probably wouldn't have been able to get lodgings with them even if we paid for the room already!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nadia323

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
muntinlupa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

I checked out this hostel and was shown 2 rooms. a small and a smaller room. I said I was going to think over which one I would take, have lunch and come back later. But the guy said I had to decide right there and there and if I left, not to return anymore.

What a way to deal with customers or guests. And as if they had the best or better rooms in the business. So I left and checked the next building , found a better room and a decent and courteous reception.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank blazt

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

I booked a "private single ensuite" room through hostelbookers.com for 5 nights at HKD 380.00 per night. The room I was given was little more than a cupboard right next to the reception area. It measured 1.2m wide. It had a sliding door with a gap all around it so I was woken at 7am every morning by constant, very loud conversation right outside the door as if it was in my room. There was lots of noise late at night too. The staff had an utter disregard for the fact that I was in my room right next to them.

The door could not be locked but the staff told me they are always on reception and it is advertised as "24 hours staffed reception". However whenever I came back to the room late at night there were no staff around at all. I had to leave my valuables with a friend in another hotel.

The shower head and hose were badly leaking and temperature control extremely difficult. On one occasion I was scalded by hot water spraying out of the shower head at all angles.

I had no TV, towel or "bathroom kit", all of which were advertised, and I was not aware of any fridge, security locker or internet access, all of which are also advertised.

In summary I am disgusted by the false advertising and the rip-off price for the humiliating facilities I had to endure.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank mid-range-guy
manila philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

I travelled to Hongkong June 10-13, 2009 with my 4 nephews (all below 12 years old) and my 21 year old cousin and 25 year old niece. The location of this hotel is its best feature. The staff were friendly and helpful. The price is reasonable and commensurate with the size of the room, but the location of the hotel makes up for the size of the room. There is a taxi stand in front of the hotel, and the MTR is just a skip and hop away.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2009

After our horrible experience in another nearby hostel, this hostel was like a life-saver. The staff was the complete opposite, very accommodating and although they knew very limited english, you could see their willingness to serve their customers. The rooms were not spectacular but very clean, the CR was still small but the service definitely made up for any thing they lacked. They provided 2 public computers 24/7 for any one to use on a 1st come 1st served basis and also provide free drinking water. Rates are not exactly the cheapest but it's great considering the location of the hotel. For those wanting to stay in CB on a limited budget, this hostel gets my vote.

C1 has newer rooms and is their newer property. C2 is the original hostel.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple