“more than expectation”
Review of Hong Kong Hostel

Hong Kong Hostel
Ranked #285 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed May 16, 2014

we booked triple room and got room 212. 3 single beds, cleaned everyday, spacious enough for us (asian std), bright and colorful toilet wall and purple sink, location is superb, hair dryer/fridge/water dispenser in corridor. a little bit noisy, you can hear people's voice from the street but we're too tired everyday so it didn't matter for us. many malls and shops nearby, wellcome supermarket across the street. During our stay May 11th, MTR Causeway Bay exit E can only be used to exit access, while for entry MTR station we have to use exit D2 on hennessy road.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank juna06

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The location is pretty good: in a large shopping district with lots of night life. The directions were a bit half-assed; details on getting from the bus stop to the hostel could be greatly improved and I wasn't the only person to have issues find the place. The management was inflexible to changing any bookings, which I found to be a major issue. Also, the place was not as nice as I was expecting considering the price.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank PolarNomad
Reviewed April 27, 2014

With the room rate we paid, i think is quite worth of money, location is very central. Room is small but sufficient for the sleep and clean. It is good for a short stay at Hong Kong. The only bad things is you will see a lot of different people taking the lift in and out the building.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I hate to see that some people had such bad experiences. I actually had a blast at this hostel. Although the buildings are separated into multiple apartment style entrances, it's kind of nice because you have varieties of people that you bump into along the way from your floor down the street to the main section.

The negative aspect is that this place is really difficult to find. There were no signs at all, I literally found it at 11:30 p.m. because I saw other backpackers on Patterson Street. Similar to anywhere in Asia, people don't know specific directions of streets that are not the main streets so your best bet is to grab a map, if possible.

Once found, the lobby area has an elevator. Go to the 3rd floor and wahlah-- the room I was in had six beds- shared bath. Not bad at all actually... Hot water lasted long enough, lockers are big. Chinese people staying there were smoking in the lobby of the fifth floor sections but Chinese people smoke everywhere so that's something I've gotten used to. Other then that.. All good. Bed made the next day and they even let me keep my stuff there far check out until I caught my bus back home to China. Stay! Great location and a good spot for your buck.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hostel is locted right in the middle of the hustle and bustle, really close to the subway and shops. The actual rooms are located a little everywhere around the block so make sure to go back to the common area by reception to meet people! Rooms were clean, I stayed in an 11 person dorm which was surprisingly nicely spaced out with 2 bathrooms and a small common area. Reception staff were friendly, so was the cat, and the overall atmosphere was great for my first time in HK! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Perfect location!

One of the best hostels I've seen in Hong Kong. Of course can't be compared to good hostels in Europe, but definitely worth the stay for its decent cleanliness and great location to shopping malls and eating places which are all within walking distance.

Staff and helpful and had no issues with arrangements. Might have occasions of overbooking.

Will come back again for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank quest4more
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I flew in from Chengdu and arrived at HKG airport quite late at night. I knew the direction I needed to go and found myself on Paterson Street. However from there it was a bit more difficult to locate. There wasn't many signs indicating that the hotel was above a row of shops and you needed to get the elevator to get to the reception. Finally after about 45 minuets of walking up and down the street trying to find the entrance and get to the reception, I was laughing! I booked myself in and was given a key to my single en-suite room. It was small, as to be expected in the majority of asia but it was brilliant. Shower over the toilet, another normal for asia. The walls were a bit thin at times and I could hear a lot of noise from the other rooms but to be honest, you are smack bang in the middle of Causeway Bay. It is perfect for its location! I paid for a single room because it was a lot less cheaper than getting a hotel room!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo