Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com$40
Priceline$45
eDreams$40
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Dont stay here if you are expecting a hotel-like experience. First of all, as you arrive at Chunking Mansion, you will encounter a lot of africans and south asians hanging around. Some may sell you stuffs or service. Just ignore them and go straight to the elevator. Take note of the guest house's block and floor, as each block will have its own elevators and each elevator will take you either to odd or even number floors. Maple leaf is at block E and at 12th floor.

Check in was a breeze and i even got a room upgrade. Even with their largest room, it seems very small and crampy. But the room is very clean and so is the bathroom. Air cond and wifi is available in the room and drinking water dispenser is available at the hallway.

Location is in the hectic Tsim Tsa Tsui area, and the legendary posh Peninsula hotel is literally your neighbor. Walking distance to avenue of the stars, star ferry and MTR station is right across the street.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
10  Thank Mike_Jkt
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Probably the hotel manager (including receptionist and cleaning service) was well aware that his service was displeasing. He sent a "No Show" notice to the hotel booker I used to book this hotel, whereas I did show up and stayed here. Hence, I couldn't write a review about this hotel on that hotel booker's website. When I argued why he had done so, he said that it was his new receptionist's fault. And yet, the record of "no show" wasn't changed.

I wonder how many times he has done this trick. How many negative reviews has he forestalled??

Just a night before my arrival, he sent me an email asking on what time I would check in. I explained to him my condition and that I probably would arrive at night. He sent a reply to that email which means he had read my email. Therefore, he should have no reason for sending my hotel booker a "No Show" report.

My room was extremely small. Under my bed were two (at least) big suitcases of whom I don't know. Before I went to bed, a cockroach crept up the wall bidding me good night. The next morning, another one or maybe the same one, greeted me good morning. I smashed that one and left the beaten cockroach on the wall.

In the afternoon I returned to my room and found a bunch of keys hanging on my key slot. I went out to find the manager/receptionist who was holding a mob in his hand. He said that he had been cleaning my room.

The beaten cockroach on the wall was gone. I went into the bathroom. Another cockroach said good afternoon to me. With all my might I stomped that alien to death.

My towel had been replaced with a (seemingly) new one, but torn.

At night, when I returned back, another cockroach crawled on my blanket. I crushed that alien between the blanket and brought the blanket outside for exchange of a new one. I got a new one but was asked at what time I was going to check out.

That was a rather irritating question, because the night before that matter had already been discussed and agreed. Thus I had to repeat our talk the previous night.

In the middle of the night, past eleven o'clock, he knocked on my door. "What is it?" I asked from inside.

"What time are you going to check out tommorow?" he asked, again. Aaargh.

Between my sleep that night, I heard guests passing my room and whispering in front of my door. When I got out, I noticed that the manager had sticked a big white piece paper on my door telling me to leave my suitcase in the room and I should get it at the receptionist no later than 6:00 PM, and bla bla bla. What a treatment!

Chung King Mansion is located on a strategic place. However, for a first timer in Hong Kong, let alone finding Maple Leaf Guest House, finding Chung King Mansion itself is headache. The frequent Indians along Nathan Road and inside Chung King Mansion offering accomodation makes it worse.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
15  Thank automidori
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Location of this guest house is pretty good, close to bus from the airport and within walking distance of the harbour.
It’s pretty difficult to find, as the building has several blocks with separate elevators, so make sure you ask the owner which block and which elevator.
I arrived at half past 8, but had to wait until 9 AM before someone arrived. Luckily, some Chinese people had arrived as well, or I might have up and left …. There is a sign giving you a number you can call, but I’ve not yet entered the 21th century and can’t use my phone in Asia.

The room is small, as stated on the site, but very cleverly situated. Not suitable for claustrophobics, or indeed for a long time, but for one night, it was good enough.
Shower worked fine, as did the tv and the internet.
Airco was a bit difficult to adjust.
Bed was firm, I like it that way.
Not overly noisy, despite its small rooms.
Drinking water(free) and microwave are available in hall way

I did find 2 small cockroaches in the bathroom in the morning, but to be honest, in a building like this and in that climate, there’s no way to avoid that, I suppose …
The room and bathroom were clean.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Meyem
Reviewed December 21, 2012

It is easy to find this guest house. The owner really friendly and she always check the room everynight before 11 PM and our room always clean everyday. The owner give me the information for nice destination in Hongkong. And she also offering the cheaper ticket of Disneyland, Ngong Ping, The Peak and Madam Tussaud.

Since the price of mineral water so expensive in Hongkong, this guesthouse make me lucky because provide free mineral water ( hot & cold water ) in the dispenser. We can make coffe and also hot noddle for breakfast in the morning.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Rasawulan
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I just stayed four nights at Maple Leaf in a single room. The lobby of Chungking Mansions is looking super dodgy, but don't be put off, just walk to elevator E and ignore pesterers trying to talk you into staying at their guesthouses or stell you stuff. Room was extremely small, 2m x 2m, but I did not plan on staying in a room anyway, I walked around HK from morning to late night. What was most important for me, the room was very clean, and there were no bad smells. The bedsheet was spotlessly clean, but bed was a bit hard - I read that it is standard in HK. Guy that was in the reception is very friendly and agreed to look after my baggage after I checked out. Drinking water is provided, as well as hot water - in the lobby there are toiletries provided, so you don't have to buy anything. Overall, If I ever go back to HK, and will be solo travelling, then I will definitely stay at this place again.

Date of stay: December 2012