“Located in Jordan”

Ranked #299 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney, Australia
“Located in Jordan”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a tour and it was a perfectly adequate hotel. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean enough. The hotel is situated in the Jordan area and close to temple street markets and nathan road. If you dont mind that part of kowloon go for it.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 16, 2013

On my previous review, I said I would write after coming back from Hong Kong end Feb'13 & early Mar'13 but I wasn't able to post again as I need for another 3 months before I could write a review on the same hotel.

Well, overall, the hotel was very clean and quiet. Staff could speak English and were friendly. Upon our check in, we were given a shopping bag (see attached) and we were surprised because this was the first hotel that we were given a bag! Apart from that, everything was good, nothing much to complain except the hard beds that most people complained here. But I could manage to sleep with it. If those who couldn't, ask for an extra bed...the mattress for the extra bed is soft.

Location was good with easy access to either Jordan or Austin station. I would recommend this hotel if you could stand the hard mattress for such a price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
edinburgh
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location, for the price I don't think you can bet much better. Easy walking distance to Jordan Road station and right next to Temple St market.
Was very clean, new toiletries and towels daily. The bedding was not changed just made up, but lots of hotels are doing this now I'm sure if I requested, it would have been no problem to change. The wifi is available on all floors in the rooms and there are also computers on the 2nd floor.
There isn't a restaurant but 3 streets away there are many good food options, just follow the crowd; if it's busy, it's good. And there is always the night market if you want cheaper street food.
The only complaint I would have is that the walls are very thin. The first night we had a baby in the room next to us and couldn't sleep, the next night we had a group who were celebrating till 2 in the morning. Take your earplugs if you are unlucky enough to be next to someone noisy. But to be fair the hotel did say we could move rooms if we wanted.

Room Tip: The rooms higher up are slightly bigger, ask for a family room to get a seating area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel before I joined a tour to go into China. The rooms are very clean and the hotel is in a very safe area. Staff were very helpful as I arrived very late at night. It is very close to Austin station and Nathan and Jordan Roads. Temple Street and the Ladies markets are very close. Also for those just interested in how the Chinese deal in jade. The Jade market is 2 streets away. It was fascinating to watch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Last minute trip led me to book this hotel.
1. Staff was surprisingly well spoken in English n when I called to ask that they accept my bags sent ahead by a day, they agreed whereas another in same vicinity would not even if I had confirmed booking.
2. Wifi throughout hotel was stable and free
3. Close proximity to Kowloon Station for airport express to airport or cross border bus to China. $20 taxi plus $5 per bag.
4. Easy to hail taxi outside hotel door
5. Housekeeping staff vey cheerful. The chubby lady quickly rushed to help when she saw me struggling with my luggage
6. Brisk 10 min walk to Jordan Station and Nathan Road
7. 2 mins to entrance of Austin station but a long walk thru subway to mrt itself.
8. Plenty of shops n eateries closeby
9 Hotel itself is on quiet street just off busy Jordan Road
10. Got the best exchange rate at the 2nd shop next to corner (not the one with the Western Union sign)
11. Corner suite on 15th floor was clean, large and cheerful

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room preferably a top floor corner suite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

1. Totally helpful staff who speak English well esp the reception ladies. I called to check that hotel would accept my bags arriving a day in advance n they said yes whereas another in same vicinity would not even if I had a confirmed booking. Very cheerful housekeeping ladies. The chubby one immediately came to help when she saw me struggling with my luggage. They even allowed me to store my bags after checkout as my flight was past midnight.
2. Mostly Chinese guests who are pleasant and well mannered, not rowdy nor obnoxious
3. Wifi in lobby n 1st floor computer / lounge as well as in room are free and stable
4. 10 min brisk walk to Jordan mrt
5. Very easy to hail taxi
6. $20 taxi fare to (add $5 more per bag) to Kowloon station where you can get on airport express to airport. You can also get bus to China from there.
7. My non-smoking suite room was clean, large n comfortable.
8. It was a last minute booking and I had a very good price online, otherwise would not have picked this hotel which I had never heard of. Very pleased it turned out safe and far better than expected.

Note tho that the wall sockets are 3-pins in HK so either purchase adaptor fm hotel @hk$10 or buy one from the stores. I actually overpaid outside as I was not aware the hotel sells
I had the best exchange rate at the 2nd from corner store (not the one with Western Union sign) on Wai Ching Road just next to Austin mrt entrance

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room corner suite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The previous reviews are quite right on. I spent three nights at this hotel as part of a tour package in March 2013. The location of this hotel is great if you want to be close to bargain shopping and affordable food stalls: you’re within a ten minute walk to Shanghai Street where I ate most of my meals (great BBQ, noodle soups, congee, fish balls etc and bakeries off of Jordon Road) and also within a ten minute walk to Temple Street which has a very unique night market that you can get some street shopping done. You’re also only a few minutes walk to the Jordon Road subway station so it’s very convenient for public transit. So in terms of location these were the reasons I really liked the hotel.
For the hotel itself, it is simple and yes it is small (remember it’s Hong Kong and if you’re on a budget keep this in mind). The price is very reasonable. I found it to be clean enough.
I saw one review from last year that last mentioned wi-fi - that reviewer said there was only wi-fi in the lobby. Well, I’m happy to announce that it must have changed in the past year since I had complimentary wi-fi in my room during my stay.
Now the issue with hot water: it’s not that there is no hot water. There is plenty of hot water. I shared the room with my parents so there were three of us showering a day. None of us ran out of hot water. The issue is that the water temperature fluctuates and does so unexpectedly and quickly. You’ll have the warm water running and all of a sudden it will be cold - you turn the tap more hot and then the water may come out scalding hot. I found that after about 5-10 minutes in the shower, the water temperature didn’t fluctuate as much. But as per the advise of others, do not leave young children or elderly to shower on their own here.
As for the hard beds, yes the beds are very hard. My parents and I actually had a room with two double beds and we ordered a cot for me so there were three beds in our room. The mattress of the cot is much more softer and tolerable - and I really want to stress that. If you are spending more than one night here and you find that the bed is too hard for you to sleep properly on, order a cot up the second night onwards and you’ll probably thank me :) That’s my tip!!
Oh and I noticed some people complaining about the staff. I found the front desk staff very helpful and they spoke a good amount of English - enough that I could get my point across. I wanted to book the Symphony of Lights evening cruise and they used the front desk phone to help me book it and the front desk ladies also gave me instructions on how to get there via the nearby subway station. They were very kind and helpful so no problems there with the service.

Room Tip: The mattress of the cot is much more softer and tolerable than the hard mattress on the beds - and I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family