Lowest prices for your stay
$162
$66
Booking.com$127
Trip.com$144
KLOOK$1,117
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel was great value, and a lovely place to stay. It was convenient for a walk around the main sites in Hong Kong and straight away we had a good feeling for downtown, as it was near the night market and some good restaurants. At the same time the hotel was quiet and comfortable - and we were lucky enough to have a great view.
We actually visited as part of a trip (G Adventures) which gave us a really good introduction to a lot of local places in a number of cities in China, from Yangshuo to Beijing. I wish I was still there, meeting local people, tasting yummy food and being wowed by that wonderful country. Our super cool, fun, smart and patient tour guide Howard really helped us find our way. Thanks so much! It was the trip of a lifetime. Enjoy China, we found it a wonderful place.

Room tip: We were on the 22nd floor and I could see the harbour and I thought it was great
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights recently. Hotel is located in a good location, 100 metres from Austin MTR station, which makes it very easy to get around Hong Kong. Hotel is just off Jordan Rd & near to Nathan Rd if you don't mind walking. Plenty of shops & restaurants within walking distance too. The rooms are clean but quite basic. No bottled water or room safe supplied. Also no breakfast offered, but plenty of places to eat near by. Hong Kong accommodation is quite expensive so if you don't mind staying a short distance from all the action, then this is an okay place to stay.

Room tip: Good view from room 2101. Beds are quite firm (as with most beds in China) & small.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jimmel
Reviewed June 10, 2012

West hotel was booked by our travel agent not knowing that it is not a decent place to stay ESP if you have your family along for the holiday. Here are the reasons:
1. Not enough non- smoking rooms. I was surprised that they didn't anticipate that a family like ours can never have a smoking room or floor to stay. We had to endure the night coughing very now & then and with my youngest girl having another attack of asthma after a long time.
2. Reception can speak 2-3 English words max. And prob understand only 3-4 english words also. Need I tell more?
3. I dont think they even have their own dining area. I may be wrong, but I didn't see any after staying for 3 nights. They also don't advertise, recommend or simply say anything about it. So I assume there is none.
3. If there's a hotel for patients suffering from scoliosis wherein the recommendation is a firm wooden bed with some thickened sheets or comforter on top, then stay in this hotel! I remember sleeping in hard beds like these whenever I stay in the remote provinces here in the Philippines, inside huts and primitive houses of my relatives who live simple lives. It is simple living back in those days! Imagine, I was able to relive it!!!
4. Bell service is non- existent in this hotel. Go up to your room and go down with all your luggages ON YOUR OWN.
5. Concierge is also non existent in this hotel. If ever, the reception will make up for the vacuum, but their not good at it either!
6. This hotel is compliant with the worldwide campaign to reduce the use of bottled water bec they serve their complimentary water in a plastic pitcher inside the ref. Where this came from, I have no idea....
7. My universal adapter had a small part broken while I was inserting the power cord of my handycam. So the solution? West hotel sells adaptors, no lending or renting! You can only buy!
8. The shower has a mind of it's own! Just be sure that if you have a small child, don't let him/ her shower on her own! A 3rd degree burn is a real and possible consequence.
9. Even if our booking from the travel agency indicates that we are getting a family room, West hotel keeps on giving out supplies good for 2 people only. When we ask for additional for our family of 5, the next day the same thing happens- supply for only 2 people! I dunno what to make of it!!!
10. When we asked for our luggage to be stored as we checked out and waited for our transfer to TST, the reception requested me to just throw it in their security room doubling as luggage storage. Luggage were piled on top of one another like soiled clothes. I took the queue and placed it neatly by myself just to save the integrity of my luggage.
Bec of all these, I won't ever go back to this hotel. Offer me a billion dollars and I will reconsider.

Room tip: I think there's no good room at all in this hotel, if all other room are similar to the 2 rooms that we stayed in
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank japbencef
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Hotels are expensive in Hong Kong, and this hotel offers a good range of facilities of the money. A few negative points.
1. You can spend ages waiting for lift, ask for a room on the lower floors.
2. You can't open the windows, they are bolted shut, so ask for a non smoker room if you are not a smoker.
3. The wifi is excellent but only available in the lounge and the lobby on the ground floor.
4. The beds are hard, very hard !! But the air con is excellent.
A few positive points.
1. The staff are lovely, friendly and do their very best to help.
2. Excellent location

Room tip: If you are going to the airport, take the short walk to Kowloon station and from there the airport express is a short 30 min hop to the airport and it's not expensive. The walk is via the overpass so you don't have lots of roads to cross and Kowloon station is at most a 10 minute walk, even with luggage.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cleversod
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The hotel is within walking distance to Jordan mtr and Kowloon mtr where you can take the airport express, the walk is about 15mins, so it is not really that near to mtr station. It is on the more 'quiet' side of jordan/yaumatei area but since Kowloon is so small and compact...nothing is really 'far' away. The trade off is you pay less for some inconvenience in location, you have to decide yourself which is more important.
The service is okay for this 2 or 3 star hotel....dont expect too much but they are very efficient and polite, it helps if you speak some cantonese. Service is minimal, if you need anything you have to request it. The room is kind of dated/old but reasonably clean...the bed is okay unless you like really soft type bed...which you wont get unless you go to a 5* hotel. I got a high floor room with really good view, a corner twin room which is very nice.
If you are looking for comfort/cosiness or superb location this is not for you.
I would say for the price....this hotel is worth the stay.

Room tip: High floor corner rooms have great view and is spectacular night time
Date of stay: February 2012