All reviews soy street diamond member langham place nathan road olympian city rooftop pool nice property ladies market lobby bar front desk staff minute walk street food yau ma tei small gym late check nice stay night market
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall the hotel is nice, close to the HSBC Centre/Tower. The rooms are on the small side, a King Size bed takes up most of the floor space and I found working at the desk you were up against the bed. The couch in the room was very narrow. Bathroom ceiling inside the shower was coming undone. Breakfast was overpriced for what you got. I have heard others complain of noise, but I did not have the same experience, probably because I picked a room at the end of the hallway.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank BDLINY
Summer-HiltonHelp, HiltonHelp at Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok. If visitors can find a comfortable hotel in the city they visit, it will definitely create a pleasant experience for the journey. Our hotel would like to provide this experience to our guests, we continue to improve our service with the feedback from guests, so we believe that we will bring surprise to our guests all the time. Hope that you will have more discovery about our brand in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

By far one of the best Hilton Garden Inns I have stayed at in comparison to Hanoi or Kuala Lumpur. The room exceeded my expectations in terms of comfort and location wise, for business travellers, I did not find it less convenient to stay in Mongkok compared to Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon. Plenty of restaurants and cafes at Langham Place which is a 3-4 min walk away. I would certainly stay here again for future business trips to Hong Kong if my customer appointments are on the Kowloon side.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Marvin M
Miko-HiltonHelp, HiltonHelp at Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok. We are glad you chose our property during your stay in our area. Sincerely look forward to your stay again with full praise, We wish you a happy life!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The "ugly"..went to the rooftop pool one night and there were zero towels available. Then, one of the pool guys was sleeping on the job. The "bad"..the hotel sits away from the main road 4 blocks or so thus you have to walk thru a slightly less secure area but its not terrible. The rooms are smaller than the normal USA rooms, but again its not a terrible difference. The other thing of note, is the SEVERE level of paper thin walls that allow too much interaction with your neighbors. That is just unacceptable for a Hilton property. Now the "good"..it's a newer hotel so things are still fresh and neat. The staff were great! I was provided early check-in as part of my Hilton benefits, and the young man was more than professional in assisting me with the check-in process.

Now to some personal opinions. The normal hotel in Hong Kong is well over-priced, but this particular stay was during the 2019 protests so the hotel prices were more favorable due to decline in business and tourism. This particular hotel should never be priced more than $80/nightly, unless there were some type of event causing a shortage of room availability in Hong Kong. There are many places around the world deserving of high dollar price tags, but this is not one of them. I like Hong Kong for its cultural differences, but it's just another place on the map. It's not NYC, and it's not LA. With the current and ongoing protests, it has humbled Hong Kong businesses to lower their price tags. If it can be done in the short term, then why in the long term have the businesses expected and demanded high price tags?? I've been to HKG more than once and never made any purchase of matter. I avoid the high priced hotels and the high priced businesses in general.

Date of stay: September 2019
Miko-HiltonHelp, HiltonHelp at Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok. We sincerely appreciated your review. Our hotel located in the most popular area, you can feel the unique charm of Hong Kong. Wherever you want to go, it is convenient for you to take the MTR. Moreover, our hotel aim to provide guests with a convenient, fast and comfortable stay. If you have any questions during your stay, please contact us for help. We appreciate your feedback, and we will continue to improve ourselves, to bring guest a more perfect stay experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

With the rate you are paying at a great location and room at affordable rate, I will surely recommend to any business traveller or tourists as compared to a 5 Stars hotel nearby. Walkable distance to Langham Place and Ladies Street.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank BPC82
Zoila-HiltonHelp, Hiltonhelp at Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review of your stay with our Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok . Our hotel is located in the heart of MongKok, the most prosperous heart of the Kowloon Peninsula, adjacent to Nathan Road and MongKok MTR Station. It is close to restaurants, Asian and international cuisine. This area is a hub for shopping, entertainment and business in Hong Kong. There is a number of tourist hotspots which can be reached within 10 minutes on foot. If you want to find traditional culture of Hong Kong, we must be the best choice. We look forward to welcoming you again next time!

Reviewed September 11, 2019

During my recent visit to Hong Kong and Shenzhen I stayed in the Hilton Garden In (Mongkok) for three nights.

The hotel is not situated within the hustle and bustle of Nathan Road, but it is within walking distance (600 - 800m) of everything you might need to make your trip hassle free (Metro stations; Olympic and Mongkok, Modern Shopping Mall; Olympic City, Restaurants; Olympic City and the neighborhood, Markets, too many to mention.

I am not too fussy when it comes to hotels and the Hilton was luxurious in comparison to some of the places I have had to stay in during my travels and I could not fault it.

My only recommendation would be that the hotel offer a Shuttle service to/ from Hong Kong West Kowloon Metro Station, which would make your connection to mainland PRC and the Airport very simple instead of dragging your suitcase through town. (Yes, I know Uber is there for a reason, but this is a recommendation ;D)

I averaged about 16 km a day walking in Hong Kong on top of all the trips I took on the Metro, which gives your the opportunity to get to know a place and experience it first hand. If you are visiting Hong Kong and you don't like walking, the place is not for you.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Zoila-HiltonHelp, Hiltonhelp at Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Matt P,
Thanks for your stay with Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide personalized experiences for each of our guests, and are always actively looking for ways keep costs fair while offering the finest in accommodations and service. We appreciate your review as it provides feedback that we need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. We are responsible for providing you with a wonderful stay. Looking forward to your next trip with us.