“Fabulous location, wonderful staff”

Red International Restaurant & Bar (Pure fitness)
Ranked #5,031 of 15,797 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar, Grill, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The staff at Red are so helpful, the views are wonderful and the option of drinks outside looking over Vic Harbor and dinner in doors makes this a unique and truly enjoyable bar / restaurant.

Be aware though, if raining the outdoor area has no cover, the indoor area is small and just for eating.

To single ladies, lots of lovely men have afterwork drinks here, as it is located in the heart of the CBD, us married girls just enjoyed the view while drinking cocktails, no, really - the view!

I will be having my birthday dinner here next week and the staff went out of their way to help me arrange it, which is unusual for HK.

It is not cheap, but the location is worth a few extra dollars.

Great place to bring visiting relatives and or tourists.

Enjoy!

Date of visit: April 2012
1  Thank sparkles72

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Will never understand why there is a service charge of 10% if they do not serve the food or the drinks to the tables.
But the area itself is public, so outside food and drinks is allowed, which is good.
Food quality at Pure is good, a bit overpriced, but maybe justified dueto it's special location.
Happy hour price for the beers is good though, always have very nice atmosphere.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I was looking for a nice stop from the IFC center where to eat and relax facing the bay.You go there for the view, and you realize the food is good quality and service take care of you!
Plenty of seats available outside just under the skyscrapers.
I've just landed and went to this place to cill out and enjoy the view.
Recommended.

Date of visit: May 2011
1  Thank ciply
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Red is a small restaurant with a great outdoor venue in addition to the interior restaurant. The restaurant itself is nothing special but the menu is very good.

My friend and I arrived at 5:45 on a Saturday evening after having gone to an event. The restaurant was absolutely empty save for one table of three but we had to promise to return the table to them by 7PM. We said okay and proceeded to order. The waiter spoke very little English and was unable to understand that I didn't want rice with my meal but would have asparagus instead. Even though asparagus was an accompaniment with another entree he said he would have to "ask the chef" if it was okay to make this change. He ducked into the kitchen and was gone quite awhile but he eventually came back and said okay.

The food was well-presented and well-prepared. However, when I ordered a second glass of pinot noir I was told they had run out and the only way to get another pinot noir was to order a bottle. I asked for a glass of another type of red but they were out of that as well unless, again, I ordered a bottle. I called for the Manager and explained this was no way to run a restaurant. He was very nice and comped two glasses of the pinot from the bottle he opened.

We stayed until about 8:30... there were a few more diners but the place was only half-full. This habit of making a prospective diner promise to return a table by a certain time is a problem in Hong Kong. I personally find it very rude and a turn-off and I don't understand why they would want to irritate a customer who shows up in order to make sure they can accommodate someone who MIGHT show up. My advice when you are in Hong Kong is to take the table and enjoy yourself... if they try to remove you at the appointed time, remember that "possession is nine-tenths of the law"!

Date of visit: January 2012
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Red Bar has great views of the Hong Kong skyline and is a great place to take visitors for a drink before they go to the airport. The bar is on a rooftop and has a very large wine selection, a good choice of beers and tasty cocktails.

The bar is also situated in IFC mall which is above the Hong Kong Airport Express train station, we often take our guests for a final view of Hong Kong before they leave.