The Cityview Hong Kong
  • Breakfast included
M1 Hotel(Hong Kong)
Nathan Motel(Hong Kong)
2,898 results
All reviewsyau ma tei mtrladies marketmtr stationpremier roomnathan roadeconomy roomcity view hotelnew wingtemple streetfree upgradecircle kexcellent locationconvenient locationwalking distancenight marketminute walkairport express
Reviewed September 1, 2009

This hotel provided us with a good value for money base in an excellent location. There were a number of school/youth parties checking in at the same time as us but the hotel seemed to be locating them in the original block whilst putting families and individual guests in the newer block and higher floors. We had a slightly surreal experience of having a temperature gun aimed at us as we checked in - the receptionist asked my permission but my husband and daughter were not asked or told what was happening. Our room was spacious and more than large enough for the three of us. It had been newly decorated. There was plenty of storage space. We asked for additional coathangers and pillows which were brought very promptly. Our safe was not working but a workman arrived quickly and the fault was corrected within minutes. The room contained a large double and a single bed - the matresses were firm and the bed linen new. The room was well cleaned and maintained. We were given a voucher for one free breakfast, so went down and tried the meal on our first morning. The dining room was full of the aforementioned school parties, but the meal was quite adequate. We decided however, that it wasn't worth the £12 per person that it would cost us to buy so we relied on the Best Baker by the station which filled us at a fraction of the hotel price! We also tried the coffee in the coffee lounge but would not recommend it - it was overpriced and sloppy with coffee grounds throughout the cafetiere - disappointing. We were also disappointed to be told that the pool and gym had been closed. Our room key kept failing and having to be replaced. The hotel staff told us it was because we were placing it next to a mobile phone - as we didn't have one with us this seemed unlikely.
I would however recommend this hotel to you. It is in an excellent location and will provide you with a good value for money central base for your stay in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I asked the taxi driver to take me to the Cityview and I gave him the address. He was surprised as he dropped me off with the comment "Oh this was the YMCA.' Believe me, if every YMCA was like this then there would be no need for any more outstanding hotels! Someone has completely turned this former YMCA into a jewel in Hong Kong.

The rooms are huge! The price is very affordable considering you are in Hong Kong. A real bargain. The beds are comfortable with wonderful sheets. You will not have a harbor view but you are only 15 minutes away from the harbor on the subway once you leave the front door of this hotel. The subway is almost at the front door just around the corner. I went everywhere on the fabulous subway system in this city. Even to Lantau to see the Giant Budda. You are within walking distance to the night markets. .

The front desk is most helpful and so respectful of all their guests. The breakfast is wonderful. There is a chef by the name of Rambo who makes omlettes to your order with a great smile. Wonderful to see someone who really enjoys his work in the hospitality business. No need to wait since he is so quick at it. Save time and have a great breakfast here and you will probably just need a light lunch later in the day.

This hotel is very clean. You cannot find a speck of dust anywhere. My non-smoking room was perfect. They do charge to use their computers but if you travel with your own there is free internet. I do not think you can find a better deal at this price anywhere in Hong Kong. Again, I did my homework and found this hotel using the reviews of fellow Tripadvisor members. You cannot go wrong with this hotel. I look forward to staying here on my next trip to Hong Kong!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank magicdavid
Reviewed August 4, 2009

The only reason this hotel did NOT get 5 stars from me, were the paper thin walls that allowed the slightest noise to come into your room.

For a Hong Kong hotel, my room (1022) was quite spacious. As with most beds in Chinese hotels, the mattress was quite firm. Pillows were excellent. The bathroom was a good size and the toiletries that were provided were good.

The "check-in" staff were friendly and efficient and the concierge staff were superb in their directions and helpfulness.

With an MTR stop right across the road and Nathan Road less than a block away, you couldn't ask for a better location in Kowloon. The "Night Market" and the Ladies' Market are both a very short walk away.

For the price, an excellent choice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank WindsorTenor
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Stay there for 2 nights during July 2009. The hotel is on a superb location, just a few minutes away from the Ya Ma Tei MTR station. (Take exit D, then cross the road on your right hand side, then turn right again and walk straight for around 50 meter). Lots of great food and good shops in the area. Also easily walk to the lady market and temple street. 7-11 mini mart is next to the side entrance of the hotel. The girls at the reception were very friendly and helpful. The room was nicely clean. The shower pressure was so nice, I wish I could take shower the whole day. Perfect value!!!

Only one minus point: the wall is so thin, I could hear everything on the corridor.

I’m planning to re-visit Hong Kong in 2010 and will stay here for sure.

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank AmAme
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I've just returned having stayed at this hotel and would not hesitate in recommending it.
Checking in was smooth, the staff, friendly, the bed was very comfortable even though other reviewers didn't like the firm mattress and the breakfast buffet was plentiful and reasonably priced.
I didn't have a laptop, yet I was able to use the hotel's computer facility at 30HKDollars for half an hour. (It could be added to the room bill, or paid for in cash.)
The hotel is the first stop from Kowloon Station on the K5 free Airport Express Shuttle bus service, and it runs every 20 mins between 6am to 11pm.
Yau Ma Tei MTR station is just 2 mins walk from the hotel using the A2 Pitt Street exit. Ladies' Night market in Mong Kok is one stop up on the line but to walk it, is just under 10 minutes. Go up Nathan Road and start at the Dundas Street end of Tung Choi Street. Yes, it gets crowded but you don't miss any of the stalls if you start here and make your way to the other end.
For price, facilities, comfort and position it's a good hotel and I intend to return.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo