“GREAT LOCATION...”

Citadines Ashley Hongkong
Ranked #181 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our family of 5 ( kids age- 12, 9 and 3) stayed in this Apart'Hotel for a week using it as our home based whilst in HongKong.

RE- LOCATION: The location was perfectly located. Eateries surrounds this property, the train station was less than a 5 minute walk and the ferry around 10 mins. Great fine dining and walk-in dining around the area ( we loved the Macau Restaurant just one street down- try it...)

The breakfast was always the same everyday and it was a set type. Very average but enough to fill your empty stomach in the morning until your next meal. The coffee at the Barista is very good- that I would give the cafe a thumbs up. Our kids didn't mind the food as they had some simple choices from hot American and Asian foods.

RE- ROOMS: The Management allowed our number of family to stay in one studio premier room which had a queen bed and a double size sofa bed ( thanks again- this saved us money) . It was small in size but we were always out to even enjoy the room. But it has a self catering kitchen - no laundry facilities though ( but laundromat nearby) . The bathroom is also quite small but good enough, we had no problems. Not enough tv channels to entertain the kids but have a few English channels but again, we were hardly in the room. They have a DVD in the room too.

CONCERNS: There was a continuous noise from the air-con , not too bad ' but' for a light sleeper like myself, I couldn't sleep well.

The check in and check out was very smooth process. We asked them upon check out to call us a cab and it was a flat fee of $200HKG. Much cheaper if you were to hail outside.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I challenged their "best rate guarantee" as I found a cheaper price in Wotif. A hotel staff replied me by an email and saying that it was a mistake by Wotif and he told the Wotif to take down the price so my claim was unsuccessful. I was not happy with his reply and sent him emails but he kept telling me that it was Wotif's fault, he even told me that he would arrange a basket of fresh fruits to show their sincerity ... which was totally forgotten in the end.

Then, I used their official complaint form in the website to explain what happened. A female staff emailed me that there was a difference in the terms & conditions. With Wotif, I cannot cancel after booking but with their website, I can. That's what she said. But it was "non-refundable" promotion, which means "no cancellation". Of course, I emailed her back about this. Next, she emailed me saying that Wotif charges on credit card on the day of booking, they charge on the day of arrival. It's non-refundable, what makes the difference to customers?

It's obvious that they dig up one of the tiniest differences in terms & conditions and refuse any of the claim. They can even force other websites to change the price if necessary. Best rate guarantee, what a joke!! Don't even bother put "Best rate guarantee" in the web, there is no such a thing.

By the way, you get "additional 50% off the lower comparison rate for your first night stay".

I was so angry with this situation but stayed for 2 nights with my wife & 1-year-old boy since we could not cancel...

We will NOT choose this hotel again because....
1. mold on portable baby cot
2. cannot adjust shower head (broken)
3. dirty socks in kitchen draw
4. some tv channels not work
5. no a basket of fresh fruits as promised (where was their sincerity)
6. don't feel clean in the room
7. kitchen sink drains so slow
8. fan in shower not working

I didn't expect anything great but those things were not acceptable.

Soon after I arrived back home, I got an email from Ascot group to do a survey.
I answered honestly with all my experience. One question was "Do I want to receive a reply from hotel regarding my survey anwwers & comments". I ticked "Yes" .... it's been more than a few weeks now .... They don't bother replying me or saying sorry!!

Should I use the complaint form again? No, I won't waste my time any more.

My advice: Don't try to beat hotel's price. if you find a cheaper else where, just book it immediately and don't expect anything good from this hotel except for the location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank TNI_33
Felix L, Manager at Citadines Ashley Hongkong, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear TNI_33,

Thanks for taking time and effort to review us here, unfortunately, your review is also an equal: ‘OMG’ to me and our team. Certainly not in accordance to the kind of quality and value we pride ourselves to offer in return to our Residents. Hence, a thorough: apology is appropriate, which I like to hereby extend to you wholeheartedly.
In order to avoid a lengthy engagement here towards the various matters listed, may I suggest we take up a further exchange on your stay with me directly: ‘off-line’ via my email: felix.lo@the–ascott.com
Accordingly we can exchange matters in greater detail and understanding better.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

If u are on a budget, this is the hotel for u. The room was simple but clean, and even the smallest room came with a kitchenette area (with microwave and electric stove). Also, the room price usually includes breakfast for 2 and Internet. The hotel doesn't has a breakfast room but work with the cafe inside the building to provide set breakfast (basic, don't expect much). The location is great if u are in hk for food and shopping. It is near many eateries, harbour plaza, sogo, etc.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We booked this hotel thanks to the overall reviews we could read here. And I'm not disappointed at all. Location is perfect though it's no Central district, let's say that Kwoloon is the "Chinese" side and "Central" is the "Western" side. Well, that´s what I wanted and what I got, so great!
The premises met the expectations: small room according to the American standards though regular according to the European standards; ok, if you come along with much luggage you can be in trouble: 2 pieces, no more if you want to have room to walk :-). Everything in the room was updated and properly working.
We had breakfast included which is actually a voucher you can redeem on the 3rd floor café. The café is just ok to get something before get out and explore this beautiful city. Don´t expect a continental breakfast or great service though. On weekends it can be crowed from 9am on (Chinese like to have late breakfast).
We spent 3 nights there on Thanksgiving holidays. Our neighbors were quite loud and disrespectful so we complain and we were offered a room change that we didn´t accept because the neighbors were leaving soon. If you awake easily, you may experience some issues as long as the rooms´ doors slams easily and they´re noisy.
The staff was definitely very helpful though not all of them were good English speakers. There is no business center to check in but they let you take their own computer to check in and print your boarding passes. Don´t expect much more.
The location is great, especially if you like walking: everything is walking distance.
I´d recommend this hotel if you want an on-budget place for a few days.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here back in 1999 and it was a good value hotel then if not a bit tired. Form the pics I see the place is nicely renovated so better than 1999. The main benefit for this hotel was the proximity to Nathan Rd and lots of shopping. While at the hotel i was quite sick and the on staff nurse was very kind in providing anti inflammatory and pain killers. Great service overall.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Fantastic location - a minute to Nathan Road, couple of minutes to the Star Ferry terminal and a couple of doors down from the AWESOMELY DELICIOUS and highly recommended Hing Fat restaurant.

We booked a studio room (on level 9) and it was so spacious! Very clean (including the bathroom) with a full kitchenette. All very modern as well.

Staff aren't super polite but they're okay and get the job done!

There was a fire alarm during our stay and we raced out to the landing wondering what we needed to do. The cleaning staff were there and didnt seem concerned, although they also ignored us and didn't make any attempt to let us know what was happening. In the end, we and another woman decided we'd be better to evacuate and find it was a false alarm than hang around waiting and get stuck on the 9th floor in a fire! We ran down 9 flights of fire stairs and I don't wantto think how many codes they were violating - not the clearest escape as the stairs seemed to be used as a storage area - yikes!

Other than that, I would highly recommend these apartments!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lola_sharp
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Citadines Ashley Apartments are located in the prime location of Tsim Sha Tsui District of Kowloon.It is a short 5 minute walk to the nearest MRT Station and the Star Ferry Terminal.There are a myriad of shops,restaurants,cafes and bars nearby.The Apartment was very modern,with a good use of space.There was a Double-bed and a Sofa-Bed,ideal for our party of 3.It had a small kitchen area,with microwave,kettle and toaster,a desk with free broadband internet,(you will need to bring your own laptop),plus TV and DVD.We had a room on the 21st floor with Harbour Views,what a bonus !!Breakfast was included,but the Coffee Shop on the 3rd floor could do with an upgrade,albeit the food and coffee was good.Staff were friendly , efficient and helpful.They are currently doing maintenance on the elevators,so only one of the two was operational,some delays were inevitable.All in all,good value,compared to Hotel prices in Hong Kong,I think the Citadines is ideal for the Independent traveller,we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher floors have partial Harbour Views