“Yummy!”

Ranked #4,025 of 8,222 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Moscow, Russia
“Yummy!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had already been to this restaurant during my first visit to HongKong, and decided to bring my sister here on my return trip.
On the outside and quite frankly on the inside it is quite traditional and a bit unassuming. Though I personaly loved the this look of this restaurant. And it's not the outside that counts - what counts is the food and it was truly superb! We enjoyed all of our dishes, they were truly delishious. And we ordered quite a few, as we had this notion that we were hungry and that the dim sums are small anyway. They were not that small but so delicious, that we couldn't stop eating. And I usually have a favorite, but everuy thing was equally delicios that I just can't single out dish.
A very nice plase to eat and we enjoyed our lunch here.

• Visited October 2012

Hong Kong
“Appalling”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We arrived in the late afternoon. The place looked very traditional Chinese and since my partner is Chinese she thought we might get some decent Chinese food - which is rare in Stanley.

The experience was terrible. The staff seemed completely uninterested and hung around at one of the other tables engaged in their own conversation with one of the staff who had (I think( just gone off duty. Getting any service was a major operation. Perhaps it is because they are only interested in the tourist trade and local Chinese are not particularly welcome.

The wait for the food was like watching paint dry so we didn't actually get a full meal - I was afraid that we would have had to wait half the night. .

Neither of us will ever go near the place again.

• Visited April 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
“A treat you could easily miss”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We had walked past the various eateries along the waterfront, looking for something more than the all-purpose menus available there and designed to attract a wide variety of international tourist tastes. We wanted proper local cuisine and more or less chanced on Shu Zhai. Atmospheric decor with a great range both of dim sum and of full-portion dishes, all interesting and beautiful flavours. Definitely recommended (if you have kids with you don't miss out on the mango dessert!).

thailand
“Dim Sum heaven”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

From the moment I set eyes on this quaint little dim sum restaurant, I was hooked! You might ask - what was the attraction - honestly, it was a toss up between the appealingly authentic Chinese architecture and the beautiful aromas eminating from the entryway!

Shu Zhai is cosily nestled towards the rear of the Stanley Street Markets & reeks of old world charm. No harsh lighting, in fact quite dimly lit inside, but that adds to its' allure & ambience. The staff were efficient and friendly and more than happy to recommend signature dimsum dishes - which were absolutely delicious & reasonably priced.

Loved the concept of personalised menus - there was a huge selection from which to choose - 19 different dimsum, steamed buns, 10 different signature dishes as well as rice & noodle choices. So much to tempt the tastebuds - not enough room in the tummy!

So if you're looking for an authentic dim sum house, don't go past the chance to drop in at Shu Zhai after a strenuous shopping expedition at the Stanley Markets - a gastronomical delight not to be missed!

• Visited June 2011