“Met my needs”

Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel
Ranked #28 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was my first trip to Hong Kong so I cannot compare to any other hotel. However, the Renaissance (for the most part) met my needs. It's a standard upscale hotel with all of the amenities you would expect. I expect to stay here again next time I am in HK for business.

Pros:
- Convenient location (within 5-min walk of convention center, Central Plaza office tower, and Wanchai MTR)
- Speedy wifi
- Great breakfast selection (main lobby)
- Large hotel that somehow manages to feel small (I mean this in a good way!)
- Amazing floor-to-ceiling views of the harbour (binoculars provided!)

Cons:
- Breakfast at club level was not great (same limited selection every day including always-stale croissants)
- Fitness center is hard to get to (due to renovations)

One quick note: Be sure to ask the taxi driver to take you to the Renaissance Hotel in Wanchai. There is another (smaller, less luxurious) hotel called the "Harbour View" down the street.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LaPortuguesa
Write a ReviewReviews (2,988)

Reviewed February 20, 2014

After residing in Hong Kong for 12 years I now visit several times a year. I have stayed in a majority of the cities 5 star hotels and finally discovered the Renaissance Harbour View and cannot use any other word but SUPURB .This property absolutely impressed me in every way,from exceptional rooms to outstanding service.Given my extensive knowledge of Hong Kong and it's hotels I have never experienced such perfection.
The location is excellent ,easy walk to both the subway and the ferry.The refurbishment has been achieved with amazing taste and refinement .My search for a quiet hotel room offering an uninterrupted nights sleep has finally been achieved.
I am rarely pleased but I must say this hotel pleased me in every way.!
More than recommended .

2  Thank R170171
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I haven't stayed in that hotel for a very long time and was quite surprised to see that it kept its great service touch while being able to renovate its rooms and public areas so nicely.

Although it's a big hotel, staff is really attentive and genuinely look after you during your stay.
Location is perfect, a 10mn away from MTR and a short cab ride to Central/Soho.
Breakfast buffet is also quite nice with a wide choice of everything, a bit crowded sometimes, this is where you know you are not boutique anymore.

The rooms have been renovated (I assume all of them) and have a very nice contemporary feel and seems spacious. The view over the Harbour is just stunning! Splurge and book one of this category! The only thing I don't like about this renovation is the "open window" of the bathroom into the bedroom. I just don't understand this architectural trend that is maybe pretty on the drawing but certainly not practical and leaves little room for romance!

Other than that you share facilities with hotel next door Grand Hyatt, but it worth it the pool is really nice and the gym really bright and open too!

Definitely a great property.

Room Tip: It is highly recommended that you take a Harbour view room, this view is just captivating!
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this property for one night last fall and it was exactly what we wanted.

Upon arrival into our room we were given an upgrade along with a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. The room was very big with a fabulous view of the water.

Breakfast in the morning provided a large variety of options and was delicious.

I would definitely recommend this property to others and hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This property is in a great location in the city. Harbor room views are beautiful. I swam laps in the really large outdoor pool. It is close to the MTR train to Kowloon. It is close to the Star Ferry which goes to Kowloon also. Last, it is close to the Wan Chai subway. It is a tally connected to the city center building. Best to have the hotel or someone write the hotel name in Chinese just to be sure with the taxi driver.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I was there for Christmas with the family, total of four in two rooms that could've been interconnected by a door that we kept close. Fantastic view from the 23rd floor, but the rooms were a little too small to be considered exceptional.
What was really SUPER was the breakfast that even is quite costly did substitute a full meal of the top quality!
Simming pool was shared with Hayatt Hotel and was cold so we did not used, it seems nice anyway. The staff was extremely efficient and kind. We were really satisfied thanks to the good price offer we got.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Giamazzoni
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed for four nights in a harbour view on a room only basis. The hotel is located very near to the star ferry and therefore convenient to reach the main attractions. The hotel managed to lose our reservation which was annoying after a long journey from Dubai. We ate breakfast in the restuarant one morning and if the food wasn't eye watering the prices certainly were. Thereafter we used the walkway from the hotel to Starbucks across the road. I would recommend only because of the location and because we only stayed 4 nights.

Room Tip: Go for harbour view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
rhi_hkghv, General Manager at Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Barnton

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with few issues during your stay. The reservation process and buffet breakfast were unfortunately failed to meet your expectation, for which we sincerely apologize. Please contact me at rhi.hkghv.executive.office@renaissancehotels.com and we will look into the area of concern and work on improvements.

I gratefully look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards